Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Crashed my phantom 3 4K!
2102 14 2016-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
minhaj.uchs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25971 ft
United States

Bought it three days ago, yesterday was the 3rd time I was flying. While I was about land it all of a sudden it lost signal and could not control the drone from my side anymore and it just crashed into a tree and fell on the ground.

After found it on the ground, saw the body and it had a damage and thought the camera was fine. I thought I just had to replace the shell and its gonna be okay. Then I came home and tried to take some picture to ensure the camera is fine. But when I checked the picture on the computer it came out like this : Click here to see
Do you guys think do I have to replace the camera or something else?

Thank you for your time.
2016-5-21
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Very hard to tell.  You need to get it outside and make sure you have the exposure set properly on auto to see what it puts out.  There's no way we have a clue about what this is or how you shot it.  It looks terribly underexposed, but I don't know at all how you had the camera set.
2016-5-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Near impossible to tell. That shot is apalling, no-one could give you an accurate opinion based on that. Please take the aircraft out into the daylight and take a well exposed shot and post that.
2016-5-21
Use props
minhaj.uchs
lvl.1
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2016-5-21 18:10
Very hard to tell.  You need to get it outside and make sure you have the exposure set properly on a ...
Here is one well exposed shot.
DJI_0005s.jpg
2016-5-21
Use props
minhaj.uchs
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-5-21 18:11
Near impossible to tell. That shot is apalling, no-one could give you an accurate opinion based on t ...

You really have to zoom in to see what I am exactly trying to say. I already marked the spots.
DJI_0005s.jpg
2016-5-21
Use props
Cessna172
Second Officer
United States

Yeah, I see the spots.

Dropped pixels.   I hardly ever take stills but maybe I will now and see if I have any.
Could be damage to the sensor.  Most people probalby would not replace the camera for that tho.   Unless they were using it for business purposes.
2016-5-21
Use props
minhaj.uchs
lvl.1
United States

Cessna172 Posted at 2016-5-21 23:14
Yeah, I see the spots.

Dropped pixels.   I hardly ever take stills but maybe I will now and see if  ...

Thanks!

I recorded videos too but you can not see those spots on videos (fortunately).

But In future if I want to get rid off this pixel problem, I have to replace the camera right?
2016-5-21
Use props
Phantomski
Captain
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

And why exactly are you not sending flight logs to DJI to see if they will replace the drone? Well, of course that is if the drone really crashed on it's onw, but if it ha, I am sure they can determine that and help you.. I would not put so much work into something I just got, unless i was sure the crash was my fault....
2016-5-21
Use props
endotherm
Captain
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

Are you shooting the photos as DNG or jpeg?  Apparently there is a known problem with DNG and there is a DNG Cleaner program to remove stray pixels.  Not sure if it is the same problem though.
2016-5-21
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There will always be some faulty pixels on a consumer grade imaging chip, what ISO was that taken at ?
2016-5-22
Use props
minhaj.uchs
lvl.1
United States

Phantomski Posted at 2016-5-22 03:13
And why exactly are you not sending flight logs to DJI to see if they will replace the drone? Well,  ...

Thanks for the suggestion!

I am sure it was not my fault. How do you send flight logs data?
2016-5-22
Use props
minhaj.uchs
lvl.1
United States

endotherm Posted at 2016-5-22 03:55
Are you shooting the photos as DNG or jpeg?  Apparently there is a known problem with DNG and there  ...

I shoot DNG format.
2016-5-22
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

May not be the cause but have you seen this?
http://forum.dji.com/thread-29721-1-1.html
might be worth the look if you have not already, only a suggestion to hope help save your next one!
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid251592

2016-5-22
Use props
Phantomski
Captain
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

minhaj.uchs Posted at 2016-5-22 10:16
Thanks for the suggestion!

I am sure it was not my fault. How do you send flight logs data?

Open a case via web (or chat them), or open a new thread on "service" at the top of the forum. The DJI guys are pretty helpful, and they monitor service posts mode deligently than these. Way less traffic there.
If you sync your logs to the cloud via dji app, just tell them what was the date/time of the flight where u crashed, and what is the email on your dji account, they should be able to take it from there.
Good luck! If there's a problem, and it's under warranty, you want to certainly take an advantage of it!
2016-5-22
Use props
endotherm
Captain
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

See:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-36737-1-1.html
http://forum.dji.com/thread-51832-1-1.html

See if this is applicable to you.

Try running your pictures through the DNG Cleaner software and see if that fixes them.  Your dots seem to be in the dark/shadowy areas of the picture so this is highly likely to be the case with your pictures.
2016-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules