HELP! New OSMO won't power on - battery dead?!
8476 14 2016-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bazwilkinson85
New

United Kingdom

I've just recieved a DJI Osmo from Amazon about two hours ago. I opened it up, plugged in the battery chrger and stuck the battery on charge. I've come back to it just now (it charged over an hour as per instructions) but when I stick it in the OSMO nothing happens. At all... I obviously removed the protective film over the battery pins. It just seems like it's dead.. But it's new - so it can't be, right?

I've read that I need to reset it by putting the battery in, holding down the trigger and record (the red dot button?) and sliding the power switch down - but nothing happens. I basically don't get anything electrical on the OSMO at all, no LEDs flashing, no sounds, no fan, nothing... The battery shows up as green in the charger, etc, so I'm assuming it's full?

I'm going to return it to Amazon for a replacement on Monday, but I'm leaving tomorrow in the hope that it will suddenly work - a long shot I know.

Any ideas? Anything I should have a go at? I even stuck the SD card in my computer and copied the latest firmware BIN file to it, but still nothing at all.

I'd love to be able to get it working rather than have to take days getting it replaced, I can't wait to start using it, been wanting one for ages - so I'm a little angry about this to say the least.

Ideas / tips appreciated!
2016-5-21
Use props
I have the same problem
2016-5-22
Use props
NotARubicon
lvl.1

United States

is the red-light showing on the charger?  I've found that my battery does not 'click' into the charger properly/easily.. I have to very carefully insert the battery and pull up on it a little to properly connect and start charging.
2016-5-22
Use props
bazwilkinson85
New

United Kingdom

NotARubicon Posted at 2016-5-22 15:00
is the red-light showing on the charger?  I've found that my battery does not 'click' into the charg ...

It was all packed up and ready to post, but I've just tried this and the LED is now red! I haven't seen this yet so am assuming it's charging.. I'll give it an hour then test!

It's really not even in the charger, I sort of slid the contact end in first and let it just drop into place... I I'll update if it works!
2016-5-22
Use props
bazwilkinson85
New

United Kingdom

NotARubicon Posted at 2016-5-22 15:00
is the red-light showing on the charger?  I've found that my battery does not 'click' into the charg ...

Sadly this didn't work.. It stayed red for about half an hour then green so I assume charged, but the OSMO still doesn't do anything at all when I pull the power switch. I think it was dead on arrival
2016-5-22
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello.
If you're sure that the battery is fully charged, please check the connection of the battery pins, try to push the battery so that the battery can connect to the connector firmly and power the Osmo on.

Wait for your further feedback.
Thanks.
2016-5-22
Use props
bazwilkinson85
New

United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-23 03:42
Hello.
If you're sure that the battery is fully charged, please check the connection of the battery  ...

It seems to be in the OSMO properly - it clicks in and is held in place by the little orange / red tab... Any ideas?
2016-5-23
Use props
bazwilkinson85
New

United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-23 03:42
Hello.
If you're sure that the battery is fully charged, please check the connection of the battery  ...

- please watch
2016-5-23
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

bazwilkinson85 Posted at 2016-5-23 17:48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCS-kWu5lPU - please watch

Thanks for the video.
To further confirm if the problem is out of the battery, please watch a tutorial in this thread: http://forum.dji.com/thread-49858-1-1.html
If it's convenient for you, please have a little test over the battery again.

Is it possible that you check your Osmo with another battery?
If your Osmo unit is OK, then the problem is either in the charger or the battery itself.

Any further feedback would be appreciated.
2016-5-23
Use props
bazwilkinson85
New

United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-24 05:04
Thanks for the video.
To further confirm if the problem is out of the battery, please watch a tuto ...

Hey there, I'm afraid I returned it now. I spoke to someone at DJI on the live chat and they went through a few checks before concluding that the unit was faulty. I think if you have this issue the easiest thing is to send it back. When purchasing something brand new you shouldn't need to spend hours trying different things and going through forums, it should just work out of the box. Off to collect another one now, hopefully I'll have better luck with it this time!
2016-5-25
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

bazwilkinson85 Posted at 2016-5-25 18:05
Hey there, I'm afraid I returned it now. I spoke to someone at DJI on the live chat and they went  ...

Sorry for any trouble caused.
If you wanna a replacement, please contact your dealer ASAP.
About our after-sales policy, please review it for your best benefit on our official website: http://www.dji.com/service

If you need any help, please let me know.
Thanks for your understanding.
2016-5-25
Use props
dave.whitmore
New

United States

We just received out new OSMO and were so excited to get to using it!  Took quite a bit of doing to get it activated...but it worked!...for about 20 minutes...then the battery died.  Have been trying to charge that battery and the two extra batteries (all three are OSMO Part 53 Intelligent Batteries).  None of them are charging.  I'm guessing it's the charger.  One thing I just noticed...there are four charging surfaces on the battery itself but only three charging prongs in the charger.  
2016-6-9
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

dave.whitmore Posted at 2016-6-10 05:47
We just received out new OSMO and were so excited to get to using it!  Took quite a bit of doing to  ...

Hi Dave,
It sounds like that the battery charger you used is not an official one for the Osmo battery.
Could you plesae show me more information about your battery charger?
Please note that we would not recommend using any 3rd party battery chargers with DJI intelligent baterries.

Thanks.
2016-6-11
Use props
rjkessler5
New

I have a similar problem.  Osmo+ and second battery purchased together, arrived in the same box.  I've had everything for just over 24hrs.  Intelligent battery shows fully charged, standard battery also fully charged.  Intelligent battery wont power up Osmo+, standard battery will.  Contacted DJI online support and they said they are aware of the problem.  Can't do anything else about issue until Monday morning wheN USA DJI dealer opens.  Quite annoying!  Will post follow up info on Monday.
2016-10-1
Use props
gjzamora4
lvl.1

United States

I have the similar problem; however, I suspect my issue is with the original battery that was shipped with my Osmo. I purchased my Osmo online with the special promo of 2 additional battery and extra charger. I marked each battery so that I would know which battery was used.
Battery 1 (original) - shows green on both chargers, yet will not turn on OSMO (red).
Battery 2 - 3 (additional) don't have any issues. In fact, I am able to charge the batteries with either charger and DJI GO app shows 100% with either battery.

Can't get online support  chat -

Any suggestion -  Reseting Doesn't work, Osmo has the latest version.
2016-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules