Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Unreadable clips
886 4 2016-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alansworld
Captain
Flight distance : 27434 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Today I went out with my OSMO and took 68 clips.  On returning home and downloading the clips direct from the memory card into a folder on my iMac I discovered that 7 of the clips were unreadable, either directly via QuickTime and other viewers or by Final Cut Pro X.  In fact FCPX wouldn't even import these 7 clips.  The 7 were randomly distributed throughout the 68.

Anybody else seen this happen? Any ideas?  Firmware and DJI Go all up to date.  I'm not going to be happy if it turns out that about 10% of my hard work is worthless!

2016-5-22
Use props
flighttime1
Captain
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

I have no way of knowing if this is your problem but like almost every other digital video camera, if you shut the Osmo off before stopping the video, the file will be corrupted. You might get lucky every now and then but for the most part, you can kiss those goodbye. That is actually my largest complaint so far with the Osmo. The on/off switch is much to easily triggered without even knowing it. I have started packing the Osmo without a battery in it for that reason as twice now I've pulled it out to shoot and found a just charged battery gone dead while I was enroute. Hope this helps.
2016-5-22
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello.
Hope the 7 unreadable clips are just exceptions. You can take further tests and if the problem occur constantly, please upload the footage to us for an analysis.
Thanks.
2016-5-22
Use props
alansworld
Captain
Flight distance : 27434 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks Adela.  Might be going out again today.

Flighttime - I hear you, and have learned that this happens with the Phantom - landing and switching off without stopping recording leaves an 'unfinished' clip. Switching Phantom back on and off again usually closes the clip. But with my OSMO experience yesterday it was switched on continuously and I was only pressing the stop/start recording button.
2016-5-22
Use props
flighttime1
Captain
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

Alansworld... I'll be watching this thread. I did have an unreadable clip, which btw, could be seen in VLC but I couldn't do anything else with it. I blamed it on accidentally shutting off the Osmo but now I'm starting to wonder. Give VLC a try with your clips and let me know what happens. TIA
2016-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules