Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
360 Pano created.. still WIP
2349 4 2016-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gateway
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1873806 ft
  • >>>
United States

So I'm working with the great guys at Drone Pan to create some Osmo 360 Panos.  Its actually quite simple to get started and Ill be writing a blog about it on my website soon.  I wanted to share the first set of results.  Please keep in mind this is all WIP, and I'm aware of various things that I can spend time fixing, but I do have limited time right now.

Basic Process.

• Connect Osmo to DJI App
  • Set some manual settings for your location, pan around a bit to find hot spots and reduce the iso/shutter/etc to your liking.
  • Open up the Drone Pan app (free from the app stores)
  • Click create pano start button and let it go.
  • Note it will not capture a lot of the ground where its standing so you might have to take extra photos or fix in photoshop (I havent done this yet).
  • I then use lightroom to try to adjust all the 25 images to the right color, saturation etc to my liking.  Choose a good photo set the settings and copy to all.  This is not prefect.
  • Go home and then use some stitching software to create your 360 pano.  PTGUI, AutoPano Pro or you can try the free Hugin software.  Note for the mac it hasnt been updated in ages and results from software may vary.  I find autopano pro does the best job most of the times.
  • When your satisifed with your pano, I use Pano2VR software (yes, yet another thing to buy or try) to build our the html 5 pages for viewing.
  • Rinse and repeat this to find your own way.

Here is the 360 pano test .. again just WIP.. and the ground is black.. Lake Tahoe 360 Osmo Test

I also created a tiny planet from it.

tinyplanet-tahoe-rocks-hdr.jpg

Please free to leave comments below, if you like my work please follow me on instagram @aerialflightproductions

Cheers and ill post a more detailed information with maybe some screen casts soon.

Please also share your settings or suggestions.
2016-5-22
Use props
gateway
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Here is the blog post, granted same info but please feel free to ask questions here or on the blog.
2016-5-22
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

360 Panos creates great view.
In the Osmo, it also supports the 360 Panorama, if you have any suggestion, please let me know anytime.

Thanks.
2016-5-22
Use props
gateway
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-23 11:11
360 Panos creates great view.
In the Osmo, it also supports the 360 Panorama, if you have any sugges ...

The Osmo 360 pano does not support proper 360 spherical panoramics, meaning it needs to take pictures at various angles per rotation.

Take a pic at +30 up, 0, -30 rotate a bit and repeat.. of course you can get more detail with more angle photos shot.  I did notice tho on the DJI Osmo spec page that we are supposed to be able to go do -35 for more ground but the SDK doesn't seem to support it.
2016-5-23
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

gateway@tietze. Posted at 2016-5-24 02:31
The Osmo 360 pano does not support proper 360 spherical panoramics, meaning it needs to take pictu ...

I see what you are concerning.
This 360 spherical panorama feature has been reported to our engineers.

Thanks for sharing the related information with us.
2016-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules