Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Learn how to fly in ATTI Mode | DJI Phantom 4
13596 19 2016-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Special thanks to Tom's Tech Time!
2016-5-23
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

You are the man Tom. I check your tutorials on your site or Youtube all the time. Great work.
2016-5-25
Use props
oldcar82
lvl.1

United States

Nice tutorial Tom...I just would like some clarification on one point, as to my understanding. If a pilot were to initiate a RTH and is within 20 meters from the RC the phantom would land right where it is flying in the P mode...are you saying that you could go into A mode to cancel that immediate landing over lets say a pool, take control and get it to somewhere safe to land???
2016-5-25
Use props
nigelw
First Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

oldcar82 Posted at 2016-5-25 15:19
Nice tutorial Tom...I just would like some clarification on one point, as to my understanding. If a  ...

You still have control of the aircraft during RTH.  Also, to cancel, just press RTH again, no need to go into ATTI mode unless there's a problem with GPS.
2016-5-25
Use props
oldcar82
lvl.1

United States

nigelw Posted at 2016-5-25 22:29
You still have control of the aircraft during RTH.  Also, to cancel, just press RTH again, no need  ...

Nigel, maybe I'm not explaining my question properly, OR I took someones inexperience in piloting as a program flaw. I recently talked to a person that initiated a RTH while the craft was closer than 20 meters unfortunately for him the craft was also over a swimming pool and his report made it seem as though he no longer had the ability to cancel RTH or the ability to move the craft away from the hazard...or was this just pilot error???
2016-5-25
Use props
nigelw
First Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

oldcar82 Posted at 2016-5-25 16:07
Nigel, maybe I'm not explaining my question properly, OR I took someones inexperience in piloting  ...

Sounds a lot like pilot error.  If you have an RC signal, you can always cancel RTH on the RC.  You can also give it throttle to prevent it descending & also send directional commands via the right stick while in RTH.  The aircraft will still aim to land, but you have ultimate control.

The only times you don't have stick control is when you've lost the RC signal or during the first ascent phase of RTH to 20 metres altitude.  The latter can still be cancelled via the RTH button.

I expect it was just pilot error, maybe panic? that caused the aircraft to land in the water.

Best thing for you to be sure is to try it for yourself in the simulator.  When you're happy with that, you can try it for real which will boost your confidence no end, rather than relying on my "wisdom".

2016-5-25
Use props
Waxwings
lvl.1

nigelw Posted at 2016-5-26 02:37
Sounds a lot like pilot error.  If you have an RC signal, you can always cancel RTH on the RC.  Yo ...

Thanks Nigel....I will try this on the simulator...the pilot may have freaked...and hesitated watching his craft going down for a swim...thanks for the input I appreciate it
2016-5-25
Use props
vinod.kurup
lvl.1

Qatar

Nice tutorial. Very useful. Thanks
2016-5-26
Use props
stephenvaudin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 814232 ft
Falkland Islands

Some useful tips here thanks.
Being new to Phantom. Totally different beast to Blade I had previously.
2016-5-27
Use props
ArtistFirst
Second Officer
Flight distance : 986716 ft

Good stuff Tom! Ya see, I'm not a hater but you spoke about what you know here. The other danger of flying GPS mode indoors is a GPS RTH could send it to the rough. Careful of that. Good vid.
2016-5-28
Use props
ArtistFirst
Second Officer

Roof (sorry can't find edit button on phone)
2016-5-28
Use props
Scott King
New

United States

Very informative. As a new drone pilot with only 1 successful flight, a 9 minute Maiden Voyage
2016-5-28
Use props
raphael6
lvl.1

France

Salut je voudrait cela en français comment faire
2016-5-30
Use props
FAS1
Second Officer

United States

His P4 has the shrill whistle when the motors are under a load but not when hovering. Interesting, DJI, very interesting.
2016-5-30
Use props
Turbo Guam
lvl.1

Guam

What about the No fly zone? Even in Atti mode you can fly.
2016-6-1
Use props
ArtistFirst
Second Officer

So what did we learn about flying in ATTI mode here now that I re-watched this? Lol. Sorry.
2016-6-3
Use props
Kneepuck
Captain
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Hey Tim,
Does your wife know you changed your name to Tom now?
2016-6-4
Use props
ufoseeker
New

Australia

Just joined this forum and your video was very helpful.
Many Thanks
2016-6-4
Use props
lvl.1

United Kingdom

i have a question, if i use p mode in my house and if i fly away from balcony is it gonna cause a problem ? Should i change it to Atti before left the building ?

thanks
2016-6-7
Use props
DezLoreen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47411 ft
Canada

this is very helpful thank you Tom! from Inuvik NT!
2016-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules