Active track not very active
932 5 2016-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MartW
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi, I don't know if someone here can help.

When I first had my P4, it would follow me about when I used active track, just the way it is supposed to, but for some reason unknown to me, it now only tracks me with camera movement/yaw, but won't actually change it's position in the air if I move away or closer. It also won't circle about the subject being tracked if I move any of the sticks on the controller.

I am in P mode, I am activating the active track from the menu and tracking myself, in clothes a different colour from the predominantly green surroundings of the park I'm using.

I have tried re-installing the ap on the phone.

Is there some obvious setting I'm over looking?

Thanks in advance.

Mart

2016-5-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, do you have Backward Flying Enabled in the Vision Navigation System section of the Go App? Does the app indicate that you have fully locked onto yourself?
2016-5-23
Use props
MartW
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-5-23 18:45
Just to clarify, do you have Backward Flying Enabled in the Vision Navigation System section of the  ...

HI Jamie,

Yes, I've enabled the backwards flying and the rectangle selection area around the subject I'm tracking (myself) goes green, the copter will yaw to track me if I move sideways but will not move away from it's position in space..

The tracking did seem to work on my first ever flight, where I had not enabled backwards flying (it didn't fly backwards, obviously, but would follow me as I walked along).
2016-5-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

MartW Posted at 2016-5-24 02:06
HI Jamie,

Yes, I've enabled the backwards flying and the rectangle selection area around the subj ...

Do you happen to notice if there was a height difference between your first successful attempt and this one? Is it possible to get a small video of how you attempt to set up Active Track in the Go app? Any visuals would be highly appreciated.
2016-5-23
Use props
MartW
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-5-23 18:45
Just to clarify, do you have Backward Flying Enabled in the Vision Navigation System section of the  ...

Hi Jamie,

I know what I was failing to do now, it was not tapping the slection rectangle after I had made the selection, so although the rectangle had gone green, I still needed to tap that selection to confirm the selection.

A rookie/RTFM error on my part! It was the "fully locked on" part of your reply that got me thinking and caused me to check that, so thanks for your help Jamie, it is all working as it should.
2016-5-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

MartW Posted at 2016-5-24 19:44
Hi Jamie,

I know what I was failing to do now, it was not tapping the slection rectangle after I  ...

Great! I'm glad to hear you're up and running

2016-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules