Ronin motors not engaging and no response from app or remote
1019 4 2016-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kenn.nayyar
New

Canada

I put a Red Dragon on my ronin, Balanced it. and then started up the ronin, everything was fine, and when i picked it up it worked fine. I moved around with it a bit. The center of the pan axsis was off to I went into the app and used the controller to recenter the pan axis. And then I ran a system clibration for good measure. AND poof! it died!  The motors refused to engage, and aat one point it started spining around all crazy, and went all the way to the right for roll axis and got stuck there. The app no longer connects  and nor does the remote.

The motors were not buzzing or humming  before and everything was working fine. I have had a ronin for just over a year and used it often with a red camera, So I know what I am doing.  Does anyone have a solution? Should I send it in for repair? How much am I looking at for repair? Help?

2016-5-23
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Sorry to hear about that.
If it's convenient, could you please upload a video to demonstrate the problem to us?
In my initial judgement, I'm afraid you need to send it in for repair. You can contact your dealer for help or email to support.us@dji.com for assistance.

Thanks.
2016-5-23
Use props
DjiPhantomLove
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2146 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you remember to balance the pan axis? Did you perform an autotune in the DJI assistant app ? Did you execute a "system calibration" in the assistant app?

Did you power cycle the Ronin and make sure the battery was fully inserted?
2016-5-24
Use props
arturochu
lvl.1

Mexico

Did you find a solution?
2016-6-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello Arturochu,
If you encounter a similar issue, please tell us some essential information so that we may do you any favor.
To have a better user experience, the latest firmware would always be recommended.

Thanks.
2016-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules