Can you turn off AF beep in DJI GO app?
9431 6 2016-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ariajalali
lvl.1

United States

Hey all. So, I dont have a follow focus, but im getting ok using the manual on screen slider in the DJI go app to control the focus on my osmo.

I actually find that the auto focus can be usuable, except for that horrendus BEEP sound it makes once it achieves focus everytime you click a new target on the screen....

is there ANY WAY to turn that off? suggestions? Thanks!
2016-5-23
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello.
The beep sound while adjusting the focus can't be turned off in the App right now.
However, I think you can set your mobile device to Silent Mode if you don't like the beep sound.

Thanks.
2016-5-23
Use props
chanlkanthony
New

United States

Can you guys work on a function to turn off the focus beep at the next firmware update? PLEASSSSSSQ
I need to record sound, and I can't put it in silent mode, that's not a feasible workaround!
2016-7-9
Use props
chanlkanthony
New

United States

This is too funny.
I finally figured out how to turn the "beep" sound off during manual "AF".
I keep pressing "Volume Down" button on side of my iPhone to Mute the speaker of the iPhone and the beep sound went away.
Obviously, the AF "beep" sound is coming from the iPhone itself, not from the lens or the gimbal.Problem solved.
I guess that's probably what DJI-Adela mean, sorry for the mis-understanding.
2016-7-9
Use props
Willem Van Leunen
New

Sweden

The beep is coming from the Osmo itself. I tried to mute the phone. And I also get a beep im my audio everytime I stop the recording.
I'm working with Samsung S7.

If the hardware makes this beep, it renders the camera useless, because the public in a theater will hear it and it will be heard on the video.

What to do?
2018-6-12
Use props
claudster
New

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-23 20:18
Hello.
The beep sound while adjusting the focus can't be turned off in the App right now.
However, I think you can set your mobile device to Silent Mode if you don't like the beep sound.

You NEED to add an option to remove the beep sound. I use the Osmo 2 as my secondary camera when shooting interviews and the beep sound interrupts the flow of the interview and screws with the audio. I tried turning off aka mute the volume on my phone. That works for taking pictures, but the beep is still there even if the volume is on mute when recording video. Please fix now!
2018-6-20
Use props
Dronin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1688973 ft
Mexico

Thanks to those with suggestions.  the volume turn down will work for me but as Claudster said i doesnt work for a professional.
2018-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules