Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Facebook finally?
2245 31 2016-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jkeller84
First Officer
Flight distance : 396955 ft
  • >>>
United States

Update not live for me yet, but hopefully this includes the OSMO

http://www.engadget.com/2016/05/ ... /?sr_source=Twitter
2016-5-23
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello.
Thanks for the information.
The FB live streaming feature will also be compatible with the Osmo.
2016-5-23
Use props
phantom-four.co
lvl.3

Netherlands

I can't find anything about it on the DJI site. Then again, they don't always update as well as they should. Just checked iTunes and still 2.8.1 here as well.
2016-5-24
Use props
alan.zapata
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-24 00:13
Hello.
Thanks for the information.
The FB live streaming feature will also be compatible with Osmo.  ...

Will drones and Osmos be able to create an RTMP/RTSP stream through the app? Then we could target almost any streaming service. It would also be great to have some integration with bonding devices like the LiveU Solo or LU-200 so a drone or Osmo can be live streamed from almost anywhere.

Even if it's just support to add an H.264 stream encoder through an HDMI output it would be a major addition for all the products.
2016-5-24
Use props
cpaustin20002
New
Flight distance : 1077516 ft
United States

Wondering when we can expect to broadcast in FaceBook, and how will it be done. New update for DJI Go?
Thanks,
Carlos
2016-5-24
Use props
LOCOSDEL136
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5709 ft
Puerto Rico

Yes live Facebook en Dji Osmo yes
2016-5-25
Use props
LOCOSDEL136
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5709 ft
Puerto Rico

Yes @Locosdel136
image.jpeg
2016-5-25
Use props
rpknowles
lvl.3
Flight distance : 736033 ft
United States

New update is available on iOs
2016-5-25
Use props
terrierist
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Edit!
I have found how to do this - Post to a page....

Sorry for gobbing off before not looking properly!

2016-5-25
Use props
terrierist
lvl.4
United Kingdom

One thing that may be good is to be able to log in on different Facebook accounts, I have my personal profile and work page where I admin, is this a possibility please DJI?

Thanks
2016-5-25
Use props
davidcwong888
lvl.1

Canada

rpknowles Posted at 2016-5-25 22:06
New update is available on iOs

Very Nice!
2016-5-25
Use props
kevinlyver
New

Canada

For anyone just learning with the Osmo, and FB Live.

Phone needs to be connected via Wifi to the Osmo, and phone needs to be connected via cellular to Facebook live.  Was troubleshooting with a decommissioned cell phone, and since it was not connected to cellular service - obviously it won't work.

Yes, I agree with the above - being able to select multiple accounts would be great.  I also admin my work page, and have more of a use to push content to my work page rather than my personal page.
2016-5-25
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

terrierist Posted at 2016-5-26 01:12
One thing that may be good is to be able to log in on different Facebook accounts, I have my persona ...

Hello.
It's possible to post your work in different pages that you admin in a Facebook account.

Thanks.
2016-5-25
Use props
FabricioE
lvl.4

Venezuela

When it is going to be for Android?
2016-5-26
Use props
kevinlyver
New

Canada

What would the best settings be for FB live?

I tried various, and the footage is grainy/choppy and not really useable.  Perhaps it is the nature of the beast, and getting the images live in near real time is quite a feat in itself.  It would be good to have 'optimal' FB live settings.  Or tutorial.
2016-5-26
Use props
Jkeller84
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

kevinlyver Posted at 2016-5-26 11:00
What would the best settings be for FB live?

I tried various, and the footage is grainy/choppy and  ...

I have found that it works way better when I use an iPhone with cellular connection (good strong LTE connection), and not my wifi network. It is still choppy at times, but I think that is just going to be how it is.  
2016-5-26
Use props
andre
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Is it not possible to stream via wi-fi? I will have access to decent speed wi-fi where I might want to stream, but cellular data will be 3G (or possibly H+) only, not 4G.

Andre
2016-5-26
Use props
Jkeller84
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

andre@cix.co.uk Posted at 2016-5-26 10:00
Is it not possible to stream via wi-fi? I will have access to decent speed wi-fi where I might want  ...

Sure it is possible. I am just stating my experience (terrible wifi)
2016-5-26
Use props
gateway
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1873806 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jkeller84 Posted at 2016-5-27 01:16
Sure it is possible. I am just stating my experience (terrible wifi)

Wait how does wifi streaming work.. granted I havent tested this yet, but isnt the dji app connected to the osmo via wifi, thus no data around that can be passed except for the communication btween phone/dji app to osmo.. ??
2016-5-26
Use props
Jkeller84
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

gateway@tietze. Posted at 2016-5-26 12:27
Wait how does wifi streaming work.. granted I havent tested this yet, but isnt the dji app connect ...

Shoot, I forgot I was in the OSMO forum and not the Phantom forum when I posted that. You are correct, the device will need cellular connectivity since the wifi is connected to the OSMO.
2016-5-26
Use props
lancegriggs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 448327 ft
United States

Ok this could be cool. Would like Google Plus integration....maybe Hangouts. So much better quality than FB.
2016-5-26
Use props
NotARubicon
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-26 00:05
Hello.
It's possible to post your work in different pages that you admin in a Facebook account.

Perhaps you could share the secret on how to do this?
2016-5-26
Use props
kevinlyver
New

Canada

NotARubicon Posted at 2016-5-27 10:02
Perhaps you could share the secret on how to do this?

The only thing I can imagine they mean is manually push the content to your work page after it has already been posted.  This is of course not we are asking for, but rather stream direct to a page we manage.
2016-5-27
Use props
terrierist
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-26 08:05
Hello.

HI Adela and thanks for your reply.

One problem with the log in system at the moment is that if you have multiple accounts you have to log out  of Facebook not only via the (Facebook)app but via your web browser also.

Is there any way the login in could be change to your (Facebook)  email and password instead of it automatically connecting to the logged in account?

Hope this makes sense?

Love the new streaming though, well done DJI!
2016-5-29
Use props
NotARubicon
lvl.1

United States

terrierist Posted at 2016-5-29 02:09
HI Adela and thanks for your reply.

One problem with the log in system at the moment is that if y ...

In addition to that, it needs the option to posts to a "page you manage" baked in otherwise it will still just post to your whatever personal account you logged in with.
2016-5-29
Use props
terrierist
lvl.4
United Kingdom

NotARubicon Posted at 2016-5-29 17:23
In addition to that, it needs the option to posts to a "page you manage" baked in otherwise it wil ...

It is there, an arrow at the side of your name allows you to post to pages you manage. When you click the 'start Facebook live' button in settings it goes to your name, click on your name and it will show the pages you manage. Hope this helps
2016-5-30
Use props
kevinlyver
New

Canada

terrierist Posted at 2016-5-30 19:10
It is there, an arrow at the side of your name allows you to post to pages you manage. When you cl ...

Can you post a screen shot of where this arrow is?

IMG_3256.PNG
IMG_3257.PNG
2016-5-30
Use props
andre
lvl.1

United Kingdom

My phone just received a new update to the app, but I can't see the FB streaming option. Was it not included in the 30 May update (Android, DJI Go v2.8.1)?

Andre
2016-6-1
Use props
terrierist
lvl.4
United Kingdom

kevinlyver Posted at 2016-5-30 15:57
Can you post a screen shot of where this arrow is?

Hi Kevin, click your 'Go Live' on the second image and it should change to 'Describe your Live Video' Your name will be above that with an arrow to the right..

Hope this helps
2016-6-3
Use props
terrierist
lvl.4
United Kingdom

@DJI Adela..

Adela, is it possible that an update to DJI Go could include the ability to post to Facebook GROUPS as well as PAGES?

Just a thought.
2016-6-8
Use props
RegDawg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54091 ft
United States

How can you connect to the OSMO via wifi and at the same time connect to your cellular network? I thought it had to be either one or the other?
2016-6-8
Use props
Jkeller84
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RegDawg Posted at 2016-6-8 04:41
How can you connect to the OSMO via wifi and at the same time connect to your cellular network? I th ...

Please see my response above
2016-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules