Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
quint7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 518455 ft
  • >>>
United States

Greetings:

Let me preface this by saying, 1) I understand wifi inteference, city areas, etc. and 2) I understand antennae angles, etc. I have flown another standard and an advanced in these same areas I'm flying now, so I sort of have a comparision record. So here is the problem.

Just got a new Standard. This is what is happening on EVERY flight. At some point I get the "Warning: Strong Interference...."  As soon as that pops up, the unit never really gets back into a OK signal. No matter how far I bring it in, high how or how close, it is popping up constantly. This has happened in crowded neighborhoods and away in the mountains.

This morning I tested out at a lake. I flew 2600 feet out (which is a reasonable distance) and that's when the "Warning" came and then for the next 15 mins no matter how close I got it back, to the left, to the right, 50 feet in front of me, I'm getting the warning every few seconds.

Does anyone have any insight into this? It seems odd to me. I get interference at 400 feet let's say, and then I back up to 250 or whatever and the warning keeps popping it up.

The flight is ruined.

I would apprecaite any insight into this.

Thanks,

Q
2016-5-23
Use props
Larsaunitz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 384406 ft
Sweden

I also get those messages. I think that came with a firmware 1 or 2 updates ago, also when those messages started showing I got a significantly  reduced range (roughly cut in half) along with video cutoff. This being in the same places I have flown in many times. I just upgraded to 1.6.80 hoping for better range again but what I read up here on forum it seems that that firmware is even worse.

What you can try is to relink remote and bird again. I have done that I and gotten a little range back. Not as far as when I was on pre 1.5 firmware though.
2016-5-23
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello quint7, what kind of device do you use? What about the app version? Did you try to restart the app at that time?
2016-5-24
Use props
quint7
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I'm on iOS, the latest version of the app. That's a good idea. Duh. I will try that (let alone re-boot the phone period since it started happening). I spent an hour on chat with DJI the other night and that was never mentioned. Thanks much!
2016-5-24
Use props
quint7
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

titanflyers55@g Posted at 2016-5-23 23:29
Hey bro... Did you update your standard to newest firmware 1.6.80???

Yes, very much so.
2016-5-24
Use props
quint7
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Larsaunitz Posted at 2016-5-24 00:11
I also get those messages. I think that came with a firmware 1 or 2 updates ago, also when those mes ...

Yes, I've heard the same thing (and I had a previous standard on an earlier firmware, flying in the same places with better range. I've totally noticed this. There is something "going on."

And that's a great suggestion to unlink and relink. I will try that as well.

Thanks much!
2016-5-24
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

titanflyers55@g Posted at 2016-5-24 23:18
please tell me bro.. How do we relink and unlink ???

You can find out by reading your owners manual.
2016-5-24
Use props
quint7
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

titanflyers55@g Posted at 2016-5-24 09:18
please tell me bro.. How do we relink and unlink ???

Linking is on page 24. Unlinking I'm just going to guess.
2016-5-24
Use props
quint7
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

So thanks for the ideas. I tried both relinking the aircraft as well as rebooting the app when the warnings started to occur (and generally don't stop; every few seconds even when it's 15 feet from me).

But it didn't help the problem. Once it triggered that first one, no matter if I back off 100-200 from where it occurred it keeps popping up. And then then generally occur every here and there even when it's 15 feet from me. Not much fun.

Although I do think I got a bit more distance out of it (maybe 100-200 feet more) before I would normally start getting the warning. But then once they start, the pretty much don't stop or are happening enough to make the flight no fun cause I'm worried.

So...
2016-5-24
Use props
quint7
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I guess this is the new firmware problem I'm seeing all over the place.
2016-5-24
Use props
quint7
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

And here I thought I was SO special!
2016-5-25
Use props
knupla2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 922 ft
United States

titanflyers55@g Posted at 2016-5-24 23:43
yeah .. now lots of people have that problem...

And lots of us don't.
2016-5-25
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Sadly you might have one of the bad birds.
2016-5-25
Use props
quint7
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

This is the problem. It's brand new. Just got it 10 days ago. I already returned the first one I got, cause it has bad shuddering video. So now I have to deal with this.
2016-5-25
Use props
quint7
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

"Sadly you might have one of the bad birds."

And there is the problem. I already returned the first one I bought 6 weeks ago due to shuddering video.... Then this is the new one after that. And this one has this other problem. So I'm sorta stuck. The dealer will flip out when they hear about this.
2016-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules