Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
READ THIS IS FROM DJI TECH opening the copter
2801 18 2015-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jeepinocala
lvl.4

United States

Thank you for contacting DJI North America.
Yes, opening the copter will void the warranty.
DJI Technical Support Team
DJI Customer Service North America

I'm still going to open mine and buy new esc's if they are not the newest v2.1 to be safe.
2015-1-19
Use props
Gunny Huntarr
lvl.3

United States

Simple to read the warranty card or straight from DJI's website

1. The following conditions must be met for warranty service:
During warranty period, product is normal used, as intended by the manufacturer.
No unauthorized disassembling, modification or installation has been performed.
Labels, Serial Numbers, waterproof mark, false proof mark, etc. show no signs of tampering or altering;
Valid proof-of-purchase, receipt or order number (DJI Direct Sales.is provided.
2015-1-19
Use props
Jamie Hellmich
Second Officer

United States

Well, they send extra decals for the arms.  So you just wanted to change the colors.  If that's what ya'll are getting at.
2015-1-19
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.4

United States

Jamie Hellmich Posted at 2015-1-20 11:30
Well, they send extra decals for the arms.  So you just wanted to change the colors.  If that's what ...

Well I will never use their warranty and to find that yes my confirmed by serial number phantom 2 vision plus v3.0 has the old style esc's with the new motors and copper shielding so I got most of what they were supposed to sell. I sent them a reply wanting new esc's sent to me Yeah before getting an answer I ordered the correct ones off Amazon.
2015-1-19
Use props
Daninho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

thats strange because i remember when i had the phantom1 u had to open it for installing the pmuV2 for example. The phantom has no decals from the factory, the decals are seperate stickers
2015-1-20
Use props
umpa
Second Officer

United Kingdom

The Phantom 2 Vision has all the decals on and is truly RTF, you only need to charge the batteries.
2015-1-22
Use props
Daninho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

umpa Posted at 2015-1-22 18:05
The Phantom 2 Vision has all the decals on and is truly RTF, you only need to charge the batteries.

my normal P2 non vision arrived clean and i did not put the stickers on it
2015-1-22
Use props
umpa
Second Officer

United Kingdom

I guess they expect you to install stuff in it then ?
2015-1-22
Use props
rdc44444.email
Second Officer

United States

Wow there is just so much conflicting information out there my head is spinning. According to this thread from another forum opening the shell does not void the warranty.  In addition some people are claiming DJI has admitted to the incorrect esc problem and to send it in for warranty repair while other people claim they  have contacted DJI and have been told there are no issues with any of the esc's in the ver3.  

http://www.phantompilots.com/vie ... 32368&start=470

2015-1-22
Use props
Jamie Hellmich
Second Officer

United States

Mine came with red decals installed, with pink and blue sets on sheets.
2015-1-22
Use props
gnixon2015
First Officer

United States

mine was like jamie's
2015-1-22
Use props
Capt. Bill
Second Officer

United States

Jamie Hellmich Posted at 2015-1-23 01:44
Mine came with red decals installed, with pink and blue sets on sheets.

You can buy more red ones
2015-1-22
Use props
stans.email
lvl.3

United States

My Phantom Vision came clean in early January.  No decals attached but in the warranty packet.
2015-1-22
Use props
Capt. Bill
Second Officer

United States

True but the pilot needs to do his homework
2015-1-22
Use props
umpa
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Yes I also had the pink and blue stickers, Mine was a Vision mind and NOT a plain Phantom 2
2015-1-22
Use props
ZippyZapp
lvl.1
United States

Then does installing prop guards void your warranty?  Don't you have to remove the screws on the arms of the quad to install the prop guards from DJI?
2015-1-22
Use props
cmgreenejr.emai
lvl.3

United States

So I  suppose I voided my P2V+ V2 warranty by upgrading to the new static shielded compass that was standard on the V3, in that in so doing, I was required to open the case.
2015-1-22
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.4

United States

cmgreenejr.emai Posted at 2015-1-23 05:20
So I  suppose I voided my P2V+ V2 warranty by upgrading to the new static shielded compass that was  ...

This was straight from dji as you can see .     

Thank you for contacting DJI North America.Yes, opening the copter will void the warranty.DJI Technical Support TeamDJI Customer Service North America

2015-1-24
Use props
djdubuque.yahoo
New

United States

Anyone know where I can get a complete parts list of all the electronics in the Phantom 2 + I'm gathering research on this copter to develope a DIY repair video.  This will also include mods and enhancements to current models.  

2015-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules