Do I Need to Keep the .bin file?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skipilot1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1557398 ft

I got a new P3 pro. I have upgraded the firmware and all is fine. My question is do I need to keep the .bin file on the SD card or can I delete it?

2016-5-24
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Once the firmware is installed on the Phantom, there is no further need to keep the install file
2016-5-24
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

However, if you have more than one battery, they too may need firmware updating. I would leave it on the card until you are sure that you have used all batteries. They update as soon as you use them.

Alternatively, you can go to the trouble of updating the batteries manually, one by one, until they are all updated. Then you can remove the BIN from the SD card, which will perhaps make your Phantom startup a bit quicker.

It won't hurt to leave it on, but when the craft sees it on startup, it goes about the process of seeing if you need to update the craft and batteries. If the craft is already up to date, the log .txt file will give you a message saying so.

Chris
2016-5-24
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

every time u get a new battery, u want it updated to the current firmware. So maybe not keep your bin on the sd, but have it handy on your computer in case you need it?
2016-5-24
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello skipilot1, if you have upgraded the drone successfully, you can delete it.
2016-5-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

If you leave the BIN file on the card, every time you start up the aircraft it will go through the process of working out if it needs upgrading. Best to erase it.
2016-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules