Sound normal on phone, distorted on SD card
972 3 2016-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sher J
New

United States

Hi,

I just got an Osmo and I used the flex mic to record audio. The playback audio is normal when I play the video on my phone from the Editor feature (even when the Osmo is not connected... I guess the video also saved to phone).

But when I play the video from the SD card under Camera>Playback (also when I  transfer the vids from the SD card to iMovie), the audio is sounds like blown out speakers with too much treble and static.

Could the memory stick be defective? I used the one provided. Any other possible causes?

Thanks!
2016-5-24
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello.
In Editor, the sound and the videos are saved in your phone, plus, the sound is picked up by your phone's Mic.
In the SD card, the sound is recorded by the built-in Mic of the Osmo. However, to get a better quality of audio, please use the recommended Mic in our official website: http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#specs

Could you please try again with another Mic with a better quality?

If you have any further feedback, please let me know.
Thanks.
2016-5-24
Use props
jeffmoltenberry
lvl.2

United States

He said he used the flexi mic, which is the same that I'm using. This is what you're giving for free to fix internal mic issues. Why isn't this "recommended"?

I'm noticing similar issues.
2016-5-25
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

jeffmoltenberry Posted at 2016-5-25 21:33
He said he used the flexi mic, which is the same that I'm using. This is what you're giving for free ...

Hello.
Compared to the recommended Mic, the Flex Mic is a really ordinary one, while the recommended Mic is much more professional.

Thanks for your understanding.
2016-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules