Love My Inspire
2068 9 2015-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
clintbarton.ema
lvl.2

United States

Hi All

Fianlly got my Inspire in today, and man it was worth the wait. I had some issues with the firmware timing out during install, but was able to resolve that fairly quickly - Using iOS (Ipad Mini3). I was only able to get 10 minutes of flight before darkness set in, but it was solid on the maiden flight. Noticed no give/vibration in the arms, screws all looked/felt tight, and everything perfromed as it should with the Camera/Gimbal and iOS app. This thing is a Ferrari compared to the Phantoms! Can't wait to get it out during the day. So far, very positive results, I hope it stays like that. I will update after i have had a chance to really put it through its paces, with prop locks on   Happy Flying All!

2015-1-19
Use props
nwellborn85
lvl.2

United States

Same here.  Got mine the other day and everything is great.  I didn't think I'd have more fun with anything after I flew the Phantom but this thing is amazing.  I flew it all the way out to 1.4 miles yesterday and still had full bars for the remote.  The video was starting to weaken but I wasn't very high so it could probably have gone much farther.  Love it.
2015-1-19
Use props
The Colonel
lvl.4

United States

I'm with yah guys the android firmware situation turned me off but man now its all worked out this thing is beyond bad azz.
First flight asap.
All looks great and tested happy dance time!!

TY to all here who provide all the info you do!!

2015-1-19
Use props
mlglisson.email
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Colonel Posted at 2015-1-20 10:53
I'm with yah guys the android firmware situation turned me off but man now its all worked out this t ...

Sweet! on all the Inspires that flew recently. It sure is nice to hear good news rather than all the problems that many have been having!
2015-1-19
Use props
mlglisson.email
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Colonel Posted at 2015-1-20 10:53
I'm with yah guys the android firmware situation turned me off but man now its all worked out this t ...

Colonel...did you end up purchasing a Droid? Because I know you've got iPads?
2015-1-19
Use props
The Colonel
lvl.4

United States

Yeah I did buy one (android Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4-Inch Tablet (Black) 220.00 may keep it for back up this got expensive fast ..Cough ,cough hear that DJI..Hello.........

Bud.
Im gonna keep it for the fact the IOS apps is so much of a touchy deal.. I may send it back  it really bummed me out the android air craft status data is so sketchy.
Made me real nervous but now I see the light ,and I feel much more at ease with the craft and the app.

Notice in the video when the phone was near the controller being used to film that video at the end it disturbed the transmission of the drone and transmitter bet yah dollars to donuts many with issues people have are from having phones too near by.

Lots to consider here and hey did your Inspire show up yet cuz this thing is rock solid just watch when you throttle down not to throttle down too much it cut the motors fast best always is to descend slowly. I can see this an issue as well for many flyers as this thing is throttle touchy ...Play with it without the props on you'll see what I mean. If you did get it was the firmware loaded ok? Cuz its nothing to sweat man once you confirm things.

Its so cool,but watch that throttle upon decent!!!!!!!

2015-1-19
Use props
tomswell
lvl.2
Flight distance : 268438 ft
United States

I too am blow away by quality & unexpected case! Still waiting for more batteries ... hint hint your going to want em. Also : if your planning on getting an inverter for remote charging > be sure it’s a pure sine wave model !
I too have an iPad Mini without 3G and was surprized to see mapping work perfectly. I'm thinking of making or finding a glare shield or hood as in full sun it can be troublesome.

2015-1-20
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

^^^ good times ahead!
2015-1-20
Use props
r-preusser
lvl.2

Germany

I love mine ... bought it last Thursday directly from a dealer and had around 10 flights since then unter good weather conditions and with the IOS app.

Still trying out a lot - i.e. video and photo settings - and didn't do a flight without GPS until now. But so far I'm really excited and I'm looking forward the prop locks - just to be more "save" to fly - at them moment every flight is a little bit exciting
2015-1-20
Use props
InRenderSpire
lvl.1

United States

I couldn't agree more!!!!

Just wish I had pre-ordered a bunch more batteries... The on 99.9 kWh battery is WAY not enough!

Render
2015-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules