Incredibly shaky footage
1525 19 2016-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jay8829
lvl.1

United States

Hi everyone! I recently purchased my first quadcopter and while it's been fun learning, I'm ahving some pretty serious quality issues with the footage, it's shaky as hell! I uploaded some footage that I took the other day, there was very light wind so I doubt that was the issue:

I also noticed that when flying straight forward, the phantom would often lean to the right, could that be the root of the problem? Or is it an issue with the gimbal? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

2016-5-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

For clarification what model aircraft are you using? Have you tried performing an IMU calibration, then a gimbal calibration in that order to address the vibration issue? Do you allow the aircraft and gimbal to finish initializing prior to moving it?
2016-5-24
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Not good!
Confirm you did not leave any packaging! There's a small white foamy thing behind the gimbal, that MANY people overlook at first.
Do you have 2nd set of props? Try them.
Also power up your quad on the ground with no props, touch each spinning motor, feel if there ar4e any vibrations.
Confirm that all the screws holding the motors are not to tight, but not lose.
Other than that, yes, initialize on a stable and leveled surface andf make sure the initialization is not interrupted by you touching it or moving it.
Do some testing holding and moving the quad by hand, the motors do not need to be on. Just see if you can replicate it in hand and watch if you can tell if there's something blocking or making weird noise on the gimbal...
2016-5-24
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And check 4 gimbal rubber bushes with only two plastic clips attached. There should be two 'spares' in the box. Do not fit these as only two required.
2016-5-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

My first comment would be that seeing the maximum resolution of that clip is 720p, then you most likely have posted that file from your phone/tablet, it does not appear to be from the SD card in the aircraft. The video breakup also tends to support that idea.

If you want us to give an opinion on the quality of your aircraft's camera, then post the file from the SD card.

I would also ask if you have removed the foam packing piece.
2016-5-24
Use props
4k Drone
New
United States

Phantomski Posted at 2016-5-24 16:27
Not good!
Confirm you did not leave any packaging! There's a small white foamy thing behind the gimb ...

I hate to admit this but I was starting to feel like i sucked at flying this thing but I was just an idiot. thank you!
2016-5-24
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

4k Drone Posted at 2016-5-24 20:15
I hate to admit this but I was starting to feel like i sucked at flying this thing but I was just  ...

We are all idiots at one time or another, it just hurts more as we get older, and others notice ;)
2016-5-24
Use props
quint7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 518455 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought one 5 weeks ago. It was doing this. DJI support said sorry, send it in, so I just returned it to the retailer for a new one.
2016-5-24
Use props
imovetheearth48
lvl.3
United States

Jay, tell me how you uploaded that to this forum. I have a video that is MUCH worse than yours I want to upload. I need HELP! Thanx for sharing!
2016-5-26
Use props
imovetheearth48
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-5-24 15:45
For clarification what model aircraft are you using? Have you tried performing an IMU calibration, t ...

Jamie, I'm trying to upload a video of my jerky video that my camera is taking on my Phantom 4. The footage is very bad. If you would like to see it, tell me the process for uploading. I can't seem to figure how to do it.
Thank-you,
2016-5-26
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

imovetheearth48 Posted at 2016-5-26 17:14
Jamie, I'm trying to upload a video of my jerky video that my camera is taking on my Phantom 4. Th ...

Upload it to youtube or vimeo, or some other such site, then paste the link into your post. This video is not attached, it's a link.
2016-5-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

imovetheearth48 Posted at 2016-5-27 07:14
Jamie, I'm trying to upload a video of my jerky video that my camera is taking on my Phantom 4. Th ...

It's pretty much as Phantomski instructed. The video would need to be on a streaming site, then post the link in the thread.
2016-5-27
Use props
imovetheearth48
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-5-27 13:41
It's pretty much as Phantomski instructed. The video would need to be on a streaming site, then po ...

Let me see if I can figure that out. Thanx for the info!
2016-5-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

imovetheearth48 Posted at 2016-5-28 09:50
Let me see if I can figure that out. Thanx for the info!

If and when you get the footage up on YouTube, start another thread, you are hijacking another members thread here.
2016-5-27
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-5-27 20:00
If and when you get the footage up on YouTube, start another thread, you are hijacking another mem ...

Same subject though, can't they both benefit?
2016-5-27
Use props
aviator3232
New

I was having some issues with my camera on my phantom 3 pro as well and I went into the camera menu on the app, I had to turn the RC and the aircraft on, and went into advanced settings and reset the camera. Camera reset and everything looked and worked great again. could be a simple fix for you also. Good luck.
2016-5-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Phantomski Posted at 2016-5-28 14:54
Same subject though, can't they both benefit?

Yes perhaps, but it can get confusing when offering advice as to which person you are dealing with. And it is a bit unfair to then go off and ignore the original poster. Just an etiquette thing really.
2016-5-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Were you able to resolve the vibration issue?
2016-5-31
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-5-27 23:39
Yes perhaps, but it can get confusing when offering advice as to which person you are dealing with ...

True... a good point there.
2016-5-31
Use props
imovetheearth48
lvl.3
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-5-27 22:00
If and when you get the footage up on YouTube, start another thread, you are hijacking another mem ...

"Geebax", thanx for the information. This is all new to me so I'm trying to get through the process without any issues and will in the future avoid the "hijacking" thing. Some type of instructional tutorial should be given along the way on this also. Some of this process is like "flying blind", the same as when you can't see your bird when looking into your monitor. Thanx again!!
2016-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules