Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 Adv firmware downgrade 1.8 to 1.7 - SUCCESS
12Next >
24451 50 2016-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AndreDrone
Flight distance : 952625 ft
Australia

Hi all.

More than 2 days trying and taking information from granted from DJI saying that this is not possible. Thanks for PhantomPilots folks. They made me try hard and follow the instructions. It works and I now how downgrade my P3 Adv from 1.8 to 1.7.

Dji says you can only do with P3 Pro. No sense for sure.

I have successful achieve the downgrade of my p3 advanced from 1.8 to 1.7

The procedure is..

Format the SD card (FAT)
Copy the FW 1.7
Insert the card and power the drone. No RC connected.
Leave for awhile.....nothing happens and it is ok.
Power off
Then before power on again, press and hold the rc link on your aircraft
Power on pressing the rc link, and hold until first four beeps. Release the rc link
You will see the the downgrade will start and all the beeps as usual.

There is a video here.

Phantom 3 Firmware Reinstall

2016-5-24
Use props
Sirstones
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Very helpful... now to see if I can get it work...
2016-5-25
Use props
oldcar82
lvl.1

United States

Doooood....you are awesome...so now a question...cause I definitely want my old firmware back....will the RC sense that you need to downgrade it as well and ask to downgrade itself? or how is this accomplished?
2016-5-25
Use props
bfd300
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73661 ft
United States

Mine is downgrading rt now.........I'll see if Rc connects.  if not i'll downgrade RC.
2016-5-25
Use props
bfd300
Second Officer
United States

It all worked........I had to downgrade RC to 1.5.80 from 1.6......perfect!!!!
2016-5-25
Use props
gabbao
lvl.1

Brazil

bfd300 Posted at 2016-5-25 23:01

Hello, BFD300

You made the downgrade due to its P3 ADV not be flying long distances ??
He could test whether the drone returned to go further ??

My P3ADV will not beyond 600ft.

I hope the results !!

i`m from BRAZIL!!

TKS
Gabbao
2016-5-25
Use props
bfd300
Second Officer
United States

I'll find out when the wind dies down.I have a benchmark route I fly.  
2016-5-25
Use props
bfd300
Second Officer
United States

Did my benchmark flight......same distance before getting weak signal even w/ the DBS range extender 4000 feet..............in the app info it says FW 1.7+   whats the "+"?   I'll bet its the same as 1.8 just renamed....... DJI did something w/ the latest FW version and whether it was an ooops or deliberate they are keeping us the consumers in the dark..........Whatever!!  when this bird dies I'm going to Autel x-star premium it has a better camera  I really don't care about distance but P3A should live up to what they claim.
2016-5-25
Use props
Waxwings
lvl.1

bfd300 Posted at 2016-5-25 23:01

did it send you a notice in the go app to do so?.....describe what steps you used to accomplish the entire process if you would be so kind.
2016-5-25
Use props
Cessna172
Second Officer
United States

gabbao Posted at 2016-5-25 23:21
Hello, BFD300

You made the downgrade due to its P3 ADV not be flying long distances ??

FW may not be the issue.    600ft is far short of the P3A capability right out of the box.
I often go 1500ft and it's as comfortable as going 200ft.   3000ft should be fairly easy for any P3A....under the right conditions.  MUCH farther under ideal conditions.

Maybe you are flying where there is considerable interference?
2016-5-25
Use props
imagesbyjas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 286198 ft

bfd300 Posted at 2016-5-26 08:44
Did my benchmark flight......same distance before getting weak signal even w/ the DBS range extender ...

P3P and P3A have same distance specs...  Just flew close to 7000 feet with P3P before I got a warning the signal was weak (was still transmitting video - flying over / through tree line).. no antenna mod.. stock..  On 1.8 AC, 1.6 RC, 2.8.1 App (noticed that there is a new 2.8.2 app for IOS).  What altitude were you at.  You said you loaded the 1.7 .bin file so how could it be 1.8 renamed.  I have original 1.7 (for both P3A and P3P) if you think DJI loaded up a different version..  I think Donnie also has a link to older firmware.  DJI would know that people save firmware levels..
2016-5-25
Use props
sandmark
lvl.1

Australia

Hi, My phantom 3 Advanced has returned from the factory.
It now connects and shows the live camera feed everythime I connect it to my
Apple iPad Air 2 .
Apparently they changed the gimble board or something?
Before (from new it was intermittent) it would only show the live camera screen on the Go App once every so often.
Its bucketing down here and blowing a gale so I cant fly it yet.
When I connect it to the Go App its asking me to do a Firmware update for the camera.
When I select the about button on the app the firmware versions are as follows.
iPad version 9.3.1 Its asking me to update to 9.3.2 ( but after looking at reviews it seems its bricking iPads so I might wait a bit for that one)
App version 2.8.1
Aircraft version 1.1.9+
Remote Control version 1.6.0

My questions are,
1:  Should I update the camera firmware?
2: should I do a IMU calibration before I fly it?
3: should I link the controller? ( It seems to be linked already)
4: what is version 1.1.9+ ?

Thanks to everyone who shares info, Dji and Model Flight in Adelaide for sending it away and tring to sort it for me.
2016-5-25
Use props
bfd300
Second Officer
United States

Waxwings Posted at 2016-5-25 21:26
did it send you a notice in the go app to do so?.....describe what steps you used to accomplish th ...

The steps are described in the first post of this thread
2016-5-25
Use props
bfd300
Second Officer
United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-5-25 21:48
P3P and P3A have same distance specs...  Just flew close to 7000 feet with P3P before I got a warni ...

So do you have 1.7 or 1.8 on your birds?........First you said you flew w/ 1.8 then you said you have 1.7 on p3p and p3a.

Renaming is easy......DJI controls the downloads .........they could have switched the original 1.7 w/ the 1.8 making us think we are downloading the 1.7 otherwise after my downgrade WHY would the app say I was running 1.7+  not 1.7  notice the plus sign.............DJI screwed up or made a deliberate change in the FW to reduce range............Way to many people are having this issue to be a coincidence.

I was up at 200 feet  4000 feet over residential area. yes I am sure a lot of wifi has a lot to do w/ it.......but that's my benchmark route. Now I was at the beach next to the ocean pure line of sight this is w/ 1.8 (200feet up)was only able to get 1 mile before weak signal message........I am hoping to do that flight tomorrow w/ this (so called) downgrade.
2016-5-25
Use props
imagesbyjas
Second Officer

sandmark Posted at 2016-5-26 09:51
It now connects and shows the live camera f ...

Aircraft should be at 1.8 if RC is at 1.6 so yes on updating the aircraft (which will update camera).  Very surprised aircraft came back from DJI with 1.1.9+ (which is old).  Ask forum members but I didn't think you should skip that many levels on aircraft but could be wrong.  I'm on IOS 9.3.2 on iPad Mini 2 with no issues.

1. Updating aircraft will update camera as I mentioned - Make sure RC is OFF while updating firmware on the aircraft.
2. Absolutely calibrate IMU (and gimbal) before flying (google Phantom 3 cold IMU calibration - cold is better).
3. You may have to relink the controller after aircraft fw upgrade (likely is probably more fit)
4. OLD ...  Very OLD
2016-5-25
Use props
bfd300
Second Officer
United States

sandmark Posted at 2016-5-25 21:51
It now connects and shows the live camera f ...

I dunno about 1.1.9 but after getting your AC back I would def re-cal IMU and gimbal.
2016-5-25
Use props
sandmark
lvl.1

Australia

I know its a super old version 1.1.9+
I was surprised it was on there also.
DJI suggest to update to the latest version. (bit gun shy after the last episode)
Not sure if to just go for the latest or do it in steps?
will def do a cold IMU calibration etc, but I will wait till its updated.
Another thing is that on the app tutorial it explains about downloading to the PC then connecting a fly lead to the aircraft etc and doing it that way.
Yet most advice on the forum is put it on a formatted SD card put it in the aircraft, turn on etc and let it update that way.
I might stick to the exact way DJI show on the tutorial that way if it bricks it or has no signal or short range I should be ok.

2016-5-25
Use props
Waxwings
lvl.1

bfd300 Posted at 2016-5-26 09:55
The steps are described in the first post of this thread

I am speaking about the controller
2016-5-25
Use props
bfd300
Second Officer
United States

AHH  Ok........power up RC and AC then app...............when you get to camera or normal flight screen click the "dji" icon in upper left corner. this brings you to the white screen that says camera in blue.  in the upper right hand corner is a box or graduation hat looking icon...........press and hold that until the screen changes and asks you to Dl the older FW
2016-5-25
Use props
sandmark
lvl.1

Australia

I updated from 1.1.9+ to 1.8.80 using an SD card (took 5 min)
Did a IMU calibration
Did a gimbal calibration
Didn't worry about linking as the RC and aircraft are talking to each other so seems OK.
Calibrated the compass.
Went for a quick lap around the house paddock and went to 120m up and out about 200m.
Seems ok
Will give it a good test when the weather is better.
2016-5-25
Use props
Waxwings
lvl.1

ok so...I was able to downgrade the AC and RC to the next level down ..... I tried to go down one more level but was denied and test results stated I could not does anyone have a saved bin file from the previous firmware to 1.7 that I could try??? I think when I first bought my phantom that's where I started from.
2016-5-26
Use props
imagesbyjas
Second Officer

sandmark Posted at 2016-5-26 14:27
I updated from 1.1.9+ to 1.8.80 using an SD card (took 5 min)
Did a IMU calibration
Did a gimbal cal ...

Good to hear you're up and running..  Good info to know you were able to make the FW jump all in one shot as well.
2016-5-26
Use props
imagesbyjas
Second Officer

Waxwings Posted at 2016-5-26 22:23
ok so...I was able to downgrade the AC and RC to the next level down ..... I tried to go down one mo ...

I have 1.6 for the Advanced, but don't recall what the paired RC level was then or if it is available using the method for back leveling the RC (Pressing and holding the  "graduation hat" in the upper right)..
2016-5-26
Use props
Waxwings
lvl.1

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-5-26 22:53
I have 1.6 for the Advanced, but don't recall what the paired RC level was then or if it is availa ...

Any chance you could send me that zip file? I have been scouring the net and am told that once I downlevel one step I am DONE!!!....I don't believe it though...so I want to try
2016-5-26
Use props
Phantomski
Captain
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

So.. all of you who downgraded, has anyone seen any issue go away after the downgrade? I have considered downgrading, but I really do not believe it would buy me anything... it's good to know I can, but I do not thing the firmware broke enough of anything to actually bother... unless someone has a prety definite OMG moment after a downgrade ;)
2016-5-26
Use props
Sundance Kid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1207 ft
United States

Yes!
http://forum.dji.com/thread-52471-1-1.html

2016-5-26
Use props
imagesbyjas
Second Officer

Waxwings Posted at 2016-5-27 00:42
Any chance you could send me that zip file? I have been scouring the net and am told that once I d ...

Need a way to get to you..  Suggestions?  Sent friend request..   
2016-5-26
Use props
bfd300
Second Officer
United States

Phantomski Posted at 2016-5-26 13:36
So.. all of you who downgraded, has anyone seen any issue go away after the downgrade? I have consid ...

Yes...when I first got my P3A  I could not get the multiple flight modes icons on the left hand side of the screen when I flipped the switch to F mode..... I did the upgrade to 1.8 and got them. Now After the down grade to 1.7 in that app under (info) it reads 1.7+.  I can still see the multiple flight mode icons on the left of app screen when I switch to F mode.
So that leads me to believe it is not a TRUE downgrade.  DJI I am betting renamed 1.8 to 1.7+ to fooled us that we downgraded.

I don't know why thet jumped into bed w/ someone to decrease our range for some reason. Perhaps they or some government agency don't want us to fly as far as we could before.  I tried to go one FW earlier than 1.7 when I went to download it.......it came up a P3S firmware.........total crap on DJI's part........I hope they go under.
2016-5-26
Use props
donaldwhippie
lvl.1

United States

Thank you !!!
2016-5-26
Use props
bfd300
Second Officer
United States

May I ask what you are thanking me for?
2016-5-26
Use props
imagesbyjas
Second Officer

Waxwings Posted at 2016-5-27 00:42
Any chance you could send me that zip file? I have been scouring the net and am told that once I d ...

See private message..  but again, yes.  Have original 1.6 and 1.7...
2016-5-27
Use props
artemis350
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8947 ft
United Kingdom

I expect you will get a lot these requests, but I need to back to 1.7 can you email it to me?
artemis350@aol.com

2016-7-2
Use props
davelaar82
lvl.1

Netherlands

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-5-27 20:24
See private message..  but again, yes.  Have original 1.6 and 1.7...

Can you send me the files davelaar 82 @ Gmail.com?  (No spaces)
2016-7-5
Use props
imagesbyjas
Second Officer
United States

Sorry for delays for the people that asked.  Have been traveling and some other personal issues.  I will try to reply and resend later today or tomorrow.
2016-7-11
Use props
cindy
New

Australia

Excellent info being shared here.  Can someone tell me if you roll back to 1.7, can you then roll back again to 1.6?  If so, could somebody email me the zip files?  Many thanks
2016-8-11
Use props
cindy
New

Australia

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-7-12 01:52
Sorry for delays for the people that asked.  Have been traveling and some other personal issues.  I  ...

imagesbyjas, sorry to bother you but would you be able to send me a zip copy of V1.6?  I found I still had 1.7 and have successfully rolled back to there but would really like to roll back 1 more.  
2016-8-12
Use props
imagesbyjas
Second Officer
United States

cindy@hendraawa Posted at 2016-8-12 05:11
imagesbyjas, sorry to bother you but would you be able to send me a zip copy of V1.6?  I found I s ...

You can only roll back one level as far as I know. If you already rolled back to 1.7, I don't believe you can go another step.  I think I only have 1.6 for the Advanced, and not the Pro..
2016-8-12
Use props
cindy
New

Australia

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-8-13 14:04
You can only roll back one level as far as I know. If you already rolled back to 1.7, I don't belie ...

Thanks.  I shall do further research before attempting another rollback but would like to get the file in case it is possible.  I have an Advanced so if you could send me the file I would much appreciate it.
clm @ exemail (dot) com (dot) au  (minus the spaces and replace dot with .) Thanks again
2016-8-13
Use props
imagesbyjas
Second Officer
United States

cindy@hendraawa Posted at 2016-8-13 18:34
Thanks.  I shall do further research before attempting another rollback but would like to get the  ...

Sent..   :-)
2016-8-13
Use props
Vampiszon
lvl.1

Sweden

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-7-11 11:52
Sorry for delays for the people that asked.  Have been traveling and some other personal issues.  I  ...

My friend - would you mind sending me also 1.7 firmware for P3adv? After recent updates I have terrible video lag (5-7 seconds) so my P3 is unflyable I need to rollback. Do you know which RC version do I need to have for 1.7?
Thank a lot!
2016-8-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules