Hello DJI are you listening?
1476 27 2016-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Leojay
lvl.1
Flight distance : 837320 ft
United States

Can you please add an option in the DJI Go app to activate an automated reminder to "Record Video".  I am so pissed that I missed some great footage due to forgetting to hit record on the Camera. If you are reading this as a Phantom user and agree with me, reply to this thread and let DJI know how you feel. These are flying cameras. We just don't fly to fly, but to film. It's too easy to get so caught up in getting the perfect shot that we forget to hit "record". Help DJI!! This is an easy one to add to the app, please.

2016-5-24
Use props
Jkeller84
Second Officer
Flight distance : 396955 ft
  • >>>
United States

lol are you kidding? Put a sticky label on your controller if it is an issue for you. Make it part of your pre flight routine to start recording. Record it all, sort through it in post. Folks are getting a bit ridiculous with what they expect DJI to do for them. I wouldn't blame Nikon if I hold my camera up to my eye but forget to press the shutter button. Just my $.02
2016-5-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Apart from what jkeller84 said, you are dead wrong. there are plenty of people who fly just to fly, they use FPV goggles and are not interested in recording or photos.
2016-5-24
Use props
Leojay
lvl.1
United States

Jkeller84 Posted at 2016-5-24 21:29
lol are you kidding? Put a sticky label on your controller if it is an issue for you. Make it part o ...

I understand your point Jkeller, but I'm not alone. Its happened to many that get caught up in the thrill of the flight and assume its recording. We have to be pilots and photographers simultaneously and with the requirement to start and stop video every time you want to take a still, its just something else to remember. Like I said it should just be an option that can be turned off.
2016-5-24
Use props
Leojay
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-5-24 21:34
Apart from what jkeller84 said, you are dead wrong. there are plenty of people who fly just to fly,  ...

Thats a shame, recording your flights lets you re live it and share it with others. They can fly to fly and record at the same time. Perhaps a reminder to do so in the app can help them...lol
2016-5-24
Use props
juliovincentyjr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 829908 ft
United States

Are you serious? DJI has more important things to work on , tiled horizon, altitude drops etc. if you take this hobby seriously you need to learn all the functions. When you hear " your home point has been updated please check it on the map" that's your que to hit record. Part of being a pilot is learning all your controls , checking and maintaining your craft. Keep practicing and it will become second nature.
2016-5-24
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

If this is really an issue for you,  look into the Litchi app.  It has an autorecord function that is user selectable.
2016-5-24
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It's too much to expect us to fly the machine and do the camera work as well.
DJI should also have something in the app for photographers to let them know when to shoot.
Something simple like a note that says *great composition, click now*
2016-5-24
Use props
phantom-four.co
lvl.2

Netherlands

As already said, make it part of your preflight checklist. Or use our checklist in which case it's already there.
2016-5-25
Use props
timmer1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30502 ft

2016-5-25
Use props
bfd300
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73661 ft
United States

Litchi has a setting for auto record.  you can turn it off or on.
2016-5-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unfortunately there is some user actions required for DJI products.
It's pretty feature packed already, tap a button to take off, tap a button to land.

2016-5-25
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

Jkeller84 Posted at 2016-5-24 21:29
lol are you kidding? Put a sticky label on your controller if it is an issue for you. Make it part o ...

i honestly thought he was joking as well.   If someone really needs a reminder to push a button to record, you should not be allowed to operate an aircraft as apparently the skills needed to push a button are not present, no less to remember to do preflight checks and settings for return home/hight limit/hover.  

I know i have had this problem he stated as well.  Im pretty sure over almost all of us are guilty of this at least once, after see something cool or finish with a flight and realize we didn't record something we wanted to.  i know after this happened to me i spewed a few choice words.   

But needing a notification to record?  thats impressive!
2016-5-25
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-25 11:34
Unfortunately there is some user actions required for DJI products.
It's pretty feature packed alre ...

come on ken, we need more features!   it already has tap fly and will fly itself where you tell it to.   it needs to fly where we want it to without us having to tell it.   it should know what we want it to do, like a fully auto mode.   Case opens, drone assembles, takes off, records everything, repacks, while in its case it will fully edit everything, download the perfect back round music, and do everything for you.  

make sure on the list for the p5 and inspire 2 new features list, "Remove need for pilot interaction" is at the top.    still way too unrefined of a product being produced by DJI that needs a button to be pushed to record.  Falling way behind the times here with automation.  

2016-5-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

quickpoint Posted at 2016-5-26 01:16
come on ken, we need more features!   it already has tap fly and will fly itself where you tell it ...

Facebook Live was just added last night
I agree, I want to sit on the couch and press a button on the case and come back after my TV show and see the edited footage I got after my show.

2016-5-25
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-25 13:25
Facebook Live was just added last night
I agree, I want to sit on the couch and press a button o ...

you want it too?   MAKE IT HAPPEN!

i also forgot my sunshade once because it doesn't fit in the p4 case.   can you add a feature to magically conjure up another one?   or a feature to make my drone fly back and get it for me?   naturally this must be done automatically.  i shouldn't have to ensure looking at my tablet screen with glare because i forgot my sunshade while im sending my drone to go get my sunshade.       Life sometimes is just too hard =(
2016-5-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

quickpoint Posted at 2016-5-26 01:16
come on ken, we need more features!   it already has tap fly and will fly itself where you tell it ...

I believe if we remove the need for pilot interaction, we may be running into Skynet territory.
2016-5-25
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

Try to remember this when your next out flying -

Does this sound like a typical DJI flight ?

2016-5-25
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
United States

I have a suggestion.  I need my P3 to be voice controlled,  but I only want to have to say, "  Go take a video of the _____________ ( subject here ) .  Then it should go take the video,  come home and land,  upload the video to my computer,  recharge its own battery and remove its props.
Hurry.  I need this NOW.
2016-5-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-5-26 05:29
I have a suggestion.  I need my P3 to be voice controlled,  but I only want to have to say, "  Go ta ...

May be added to next firmware update along with dog walking algorithms and fast food pickup
2016-5-25
Use props
J.N
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102333 ft
France

My wife is allways telling me to not let the P4 on the table. May dji put a RTRP ( return to the rigth place) ? and an alarme in case i forgot.
2016-5-25
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

The red square vs a red circle is confusing....  would be nice if record button became red ONLY while recording.... I have forgotten to record many times, also because after taking a still you cannot record immediately, so I have pressed the button, but have not noticed that the recording has NOT started.
It would really help to either make it red ONLY when recording, or perhaps add another noticeable icon somewhere that signifies recording.....
Just an idea....

2016-5-25
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
United States

This is a major first world problem.  One for the record books.
2016-5-25
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-5-25 17:29
I have a suggestion.  I need my P3 to be voice controlled,  but I only want to have to say, "  Go ta ...

but that involves talking,   you need one with a telekinetic receiver,  just think to control it.  i know it would not be able to be used by many people as it would involve thinking.  but maybe an upgraded unit would come with an artificial intelligence to think for you.   One could just go to a location and thinking would be done and everything else.  

no thinking or talking required!
2016-5-25
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

Leojay Posted at 2016-5-24 21:35
I understand your point Jkeller, but I'm not alone. Its happened to many that get caught up in the ...

i am not trying to flame you here but.....   if you don't possess the mental capacity to remember to hit record because you are getting "caught up in the thrill of the flight" do you really think it is a smart idea to have an object that is capable of flight, with 4 propellers spinning at 4,500-9000 rpm,  depending on what phantom you are flying easily can reach speeds of 35-60 mph.  

if not remembering to hit record is really a big issue for you i really honestly suggest you hang up your controller and don't fly.  i am just trying to throw it out there if you are not able to click a button, you may not be able to see a group of people you are about to crash into because you may be busy thinking about the button you are forgetting to press.  not everyone can walk and chew gum at the same time.  sorry you are not one of the fortunate ones.
2016-5-25
Use props
Leojay
lvl.1
United States

Hey Mike,
Is everyone as perfect as you in New Jersey? This coming from a guy who is stockpiling Silica Gel and Oxygen absorbers for when his drone crashes into water....lol.

This coming from a guy who fights with his neighbors over their concerns of him flying over their home and spying on them, and is quoted as saying “People are generally stupid and ignorant”.

Then questioning my mental capacity for neglecting to return to record from taking stills in the midst of flight when he himself has said:
"I know i have had this problem as well.  Im pretty sure over almost all of us are guilty of this at least once, after see something cool or finish with a flight and realize we didn't record something we wanted to.  i know after this happened to me i spewed a few choice words"

Not trying to flame you here Mike, but does this mean you have diminished mental capacity too? There must also be something wrong with the software designers at Litchi as well since they determined having an auto record function can be helpful. Just sayin.

2016-6-20
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-25 22:36
May be added to next firmware update along with dog walking algorithms and fast food pickup

"May be added to next firmware update along with dog walking algorithms"

Now you're talkin'
2016-6-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Come on, this thread dies almost a month go. Here we go again.
Yes, I requested dog walking algorithms and they said maybe next firmware update along with beer delivery option as well
2016-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules