Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Naza-m v2 RTH height modification
4333 13 2016-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ko2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 88953 ft
Turkey

Hi,
I have seen some similar topics but since it's been a while, I would like to know is there is a way of modifying the RTH height within naza v2?
I use it with F550 but it's been a problem not being able to change the height.

I have recently purchased GS and I'm going to try it out this week. Will this help to change the RTH height?

Please help me with this matter.

Thanks,
Korhan
2016-5-24
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello.
It's not allowable to customize the RTH height in NAZA V2.
May I know why you would like to change it?

Thanks.
2016-5-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

As Adela has mentioned, the Return to Home fail safe height is a static 20m (~66ft) height when the signal is lost and it unfortunately cannot be changed to higher or lower limits. If you plan to use iPad Ground Station, the only alteration you can do to the RTH height is when you manually choose to have the unit come back to the home location. Here is a video that shows the various functions of iPad Ground Station, and the RTH adjustment can be found at around the 11:26 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/8pLl01qsHrU

Please keep in mind though that should the unit return to home due to signal loss, it will revert back to the 20m requirement.
2016-5-25
Use props
Ko2
lvl.2
Turkey

The reason I need to customise the rth height is that, when I need to make flight on a terrain where there are trees higher than 20m or at least 20m.  In case of fail safe the 20m rth height becomes worthless.
In some cases, because of the elevation difference between the home position and the actual location of the drone on uphill areas this 20m becomes useless. Please don't say that naza is not designed for bvr flights. If that is the only reason that rth height is unadjustable then why do you have a 20m height for rth? and why is this height is adjustable with your other products? (phantom, inspire)

This feature seems like a software issue and I cannot understand the reason for it to be unadjustable with a stand alone naza-m v2

Hoping to get satisfying answers.

Thanks,
Korhan Yuzbasioglu
2016-5-27
Use props
Ko2
lvl.2
Turkey

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-5-25 19:26
As Adela has mentioned, the Return to Home fail safe height is a static 20m (~66ft) height when the  ...

Is the RTH height is adjustable with phantom and/or inspire models?
2016-5-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Ko2 Posted at 2016-5-28 14:23
Is the RTH height is adjustable with phantom and/or inspire models?

Yes, the Ready to Fly models from the Phantom 2 on, the Inspire 1 series and the Matrice can customize their Return to Home failsafe height.
2016-5-29
Use props
Ko2
lvl.2
Turkey

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-5-30 01:56
Yes, the Ready to Fly models from the Phantom 2 on, the Inspire 1 series and the Matrice can custo ...

Please don't get me wrong for asking this but, why isn't the rth height adjustable with naza? Since they are the same controller. I'm not talking about matrice. Is this a marketing strategy? I need to use 6 prop drone and I can't change a parameter which is adjustable with other products
2016-5-30
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Ko2 Posted at 2016-5-28 14:20
The reason I need to customise the rth height is that, when I need to make flight on a terrain where ...

Hello Ko2,
If it's really important for you to have the capability to adjust the RTH height, you can change to use our other Flight Controllers, such as A2, which would be perfect for you.

Thanks.
2016-5-30
Use props
Ko2
lvl.2
Turkey

Hi,
I will consider this advice.
Thanks
2016-6-2
Use props
pteubal
lvl.1
Flight distance : 960673 ft
Argentina

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-31 15:26
Hello Ko2,
If it's really important for you to have the capability to adjust the RTH height, you c ...

Hi, I would like to participate in this VERY IMPORTANT topic.  I must say Im not at all satisfied with DJI's answer.  There must be some important reason why not letting the RTH height to be changed.  Otherwise I suspect that its for people like us, who bought the Naza M V2 to change for another controller and thus pay more money.  

Its just a software parameter that can be changed in every other controller from almost any brand out there!  I find this specific topic very unfriendly...

Thanks,

Pablo.
2016-6-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

pteubal@gmail.c Posted at 2016-6-15 02:30
Hi, I would like to participate in this VERY IMPORTANT topic.  I must say Im not at all satisfied  ...

It is unfortunately a limitation of the Naza V2 flight controller system. This height limitation is also present on the older Naza systems such as the Naza M and the Naza Lite. The A2, Wookong and the A3 are able to have these height adjustments available.

I had made a previous post in this thread where there is a minor work around via the iPad Ground Station set up, but that is the most you can do. Otherwise, it would mean that you would need to be more aware of your surroundings to ensure that there is always enough clearance to Return to Home, which clear line of sight is recommended to begin with.
2016-6-15
Use props
larkinja
New

United States

I have to say I am quite disappointed with this response as well.  I have used just about every flight controller out there, and for years I never bought into the DJI hype.   I recently assembled a F450 flamewheel and figured since this was my first DJI product I would give the V2 a chance.  I expected to not have near as many options as others, but I never thought even DJI would not allow something as basic as this.   This comes down to safety.  We do nothing but fly line of sight on our property, but we do have lots of trees.  After setting up the F450, a test of the fail safe put it squarely into the tops of trees.  On every other copter we have, RTH is set at 100' and have never had a problem.  Guess I was right to stay away from DJI.  What is the point of this failsafe if there is no way for it to bring me home.  
2017-3-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

larkinja Posted at 2017-3-6 06:02
I have to say I am quite disappointed with this response as well.  I have used just about every flight controller out there, and for years I never bought into the DJI hype.   I recently assembled a F450 flamewheel and figured since this was my first DJI product I would give the V2 a chance.  I expected to not have near as many options as others, but I never thought even DJI would not allow something as basic as this.   This comes down to safety.  We do nothing but fly line of sight on our property, but we do have lots of trees.  After setting up the F450, a test of the fail safe put it squarely into the tops of trees.  On every other copter we have, RTH is set at 100' and have never had a problem.  Guess I was right to stay away from DJI.  What is the point of this failsafe if there is no way for it to bring me home.

The RTH function is still capable of 'bringing the unit home', however, it requires for you to be more aware of your surroundings.

Again, one should keep in mind that the Naza series is a much older, and in turn quite basic, flight controller system compared to the later flight controllers. Yes newer and more expensive flight controllers were eventually given the ability to make alternate changes to the RTH height, but it all had to branch off from somewhere. With RTF aircrafts, the Phantom 2 was the first unit to allow alternate RTH heights, the Phantom 1 did not. The newest line in the Naza series, the N3, can now change the RTH, along with having similar characteristics as the A3, but at the Naza price point. To have an old unit held to the exact same standards as newer models in particular functions may not be the most realistic.

2017-3-7
Use props
RebelTrail
New

United States

You need to raise your geo-fence altitude to 100 meters or more...and then just fly there. You can always go higher with GPS off in Atti mode....then if you rth the aircraft will be at the height you are flying as it returns.
2018-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules