Repair Times in Europe?
1688 11 2016-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gerriew
lvl.2
Flight distance : 223684 ft
Sweden

Haven't heard back from the service department in over a week ... Tracing shows just the "Repair cost assessed and quoted"   anyone with experiance at the Dutch office?
2016-5-25
Use props
JamesSumner
lvl.1

United Kingdom

It took a week to just to say they got mine then another week to asses it, I hope your sitting down when you get the bill !!! As I nearly fell over and can't afford the repairs for mine as I'm disabled and not working, I've only had 90 minutes of flight I nearly four months , good luck to you... Let me know how you get on.
2016-5-25
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Normally the turn-around time is about 2 weeks.
2016-5-25
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23691 ft
United Kingdom

From first reporting the crash to receiving the repaired drone was about 6 weeks on my P3A that had under 1 hour of pre-crash flight time and was barely 2 months old at the time.

However - from DJI EU agreeing free warranty repair to courier uplifting the drone (FedEx) was about 2 weeks, it was in the repair centre 8 days before it was confirmed to be in despatch for return.  I'm including weekend days in those numbers.

I did have to rope in assistance from DJI staff here on the forums to get the process moving at different stages (for whose help I am very grateful).

The overall impression I get from the forums is that if you let the repair system progress at its own pace, you can expect to wait several months.  If you pursue the repair through your dealer that supplied the drone, it will take one to two months, and if you push hard for return, you might (might) be able to get the process down to one month start to finish.

I get the idea that the DJI EU repair centre in Holland is understaffed and was not prepared for the double sales surge of Christmas 2015 and DJI's 10th anniversary price cuts, coupled with all the retail customers alpha testing the Phantom 4.

All that said, I am extremely pleased with the quality of the warranty repair work that was delivered ... just wish FedEx had not used the original Phantom retail box for a football as its badly battered state will decrease the resale value of the kit when I decide to upgrade and sell the P3A.
2016-5-26
Use props
gerriew
lvl.2
Sweden

Old Geezer Posted at 2016-5-26 20:55
From first reporting the crash to receiving the repaired drone was about 6 weeks on my P3A that had  ...

Yeah, they stopped replying to inquiries conserning the repair about  a week ago ... no replyies what so ever!  The trace now shows Repaired and tested. .. for about three days but no further word from them ... So I have no idea if it's shipped or what is going on!  Also I did not recive any response to the fact that the drone simply fell out of the sky without me doing anything!!  I sent the Flight Record to them for that particular flight and ecpected some sort of rraction or responce but nope ... no comments as to what was the cause of the flight failure .. I don't want this toy to come crashing down on a  person next time so it would be great if a qualified technicial had bothered to assertain the or at least try to figure out what happpened ...
2016-5-26
Use props
Gerrie Warner
lvl.2
Sweden

gerriew Posted at 2016-5-27 08:09
Yeah, they stopped replying to inquiries conserning the repair about  a week ago ... no replyies w ...

"Repaired and tested"   but other than that not much .....  now I got a message from them that they recived my payment and are repairing it!!  Weird!!
2016-5-27
Use props
Gerrie Warner
lvl.2
Sweden

Gerrie Warner Posted at 2016-5-27 10:12
"Repaired and tested"   but other than that not much .....  now I got a message from them that the ...

Yippiiieee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

Your item, the case number CAS-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  has been shipped by UPS!!
2016-5-27
Use props
Gerrie Warner
lvl.2
Sweden

Gerrie Warner Posted at 2016-5-27 11:49
Yippiiieee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

Your item, the case number CAS-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  has been shipp ...

UPS can't find that Tracking nr .... could be it needs to be registed with them or something??
2016-5-27
Use props
Gerrie Warner
lvl.2
Sweden

Gerrie Warner Posted at 2016-5-27 13:18
UPS can't find that Tracking nr .... could be it needs to be registed with them or something??

UPS still doesn't have any Tracking info!  WTF??
2016-5-27
Use props
Capt. Wild Bill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1319180 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gerrie Warner Posted at 2016-5-27 10:06
UPS still doesn't have any Tracking info!  WTF??

Relax dood.
UPS may not update their tracking info real time.
Check back in the am.
2016-5-27
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23691 ft
United Kingdom

Panic not Gerrie - from my experience what seems to happen is -

1. After the repair is complete, DJI EU notify DJI China and DJI China then send you a repair-complete email (remember to allow for time differences explaining the delay between online report saying repaired and receiving the email).
2. DJI EU get UPS/FedEx to pick up the box from the repair centre using a collection notice.  The repair centre then seem to mark it as despatched but I think it should be more correctly "in despatch bay".  Once the courier picks it up they scan the package barcode and this might trigger the customer's (DJI's) notice that the courier has the package ... BUT, big BUT, it does not show up on the courier's online tracking until it gets to depot and they enter the Customs data and recipient info etc.  The courier does email you with confirmation of the tracking number and I'd recommend you only treat it as "on its way" once you get that tracking number email.

There are inherent delays in the process regarding information updates in the online system - this is normal for all consignees and consignors and couriers.  It can be frustrating but it is what it is and is a lot better than 10 or 20 years ago.  However if you know an action took place and there is no update after 24 hours, then is the time to raise queries.

Hope it helps you
Geezer
2016-5-27
Use props
Gerrie Warner
lvl.2
Sweden

Old Geezer Posted at 2016-5-27 19:38
Panic not Gerrie - from my experience what seems to happen is -

1. After the repair is complete, DJ ...

All good now!!  Confermation from UPS conserning arrival date etc ...  Happy flying everyone!  And thanks for info and responses here!
2016-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules