Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
"Weak image transfer signal" after update new Dji Go App !!
42871 420 2016-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 80919 ft
Finland

I have updated today the new Dji Go app. I start the app, start flying and the Phantom 4 says after 3 meters "Weak image transfer signal".

I try a new battery, and it is the same error: the fpv picture will lag and then go off after 10-20 meters, and it says signal lost. I can control the drone, but i can't see anything.

HD signal say 100%, Remote control signal 100% but the HD signal will be go down. This is just after the new firmware update.

The flightlog is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l7lwy7 ... 1-56-45%5D.txt?dl=0
And the livestream video is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/otpou9 ... sfer_error.mp4?dl=0

I use iPad Air2 and it is also updated.

2016-5-25
Use props
simonmd
lvl.1

Colombia

Same exact problem. First 50 flights were fine. Suddenly today I started to have the same issue: HD indicator has full bars, but the video feed is choppy, low quality and I get frequent "Weak image transmission signal" alerts or the video cuts off entirely. This happens even 2 meters away. All firmware and app is updated. Using an iPad Pro 9.7 inch.

I have noticed some things:
- This only happens on the iPad Pro. I installed the app on my iPhone 6s and everything works perfectly. so I don't believe it's a hardware issue.
- It seems to happen more frequently the lower the vehicle is to the ground.

Is DJI aware of this? Can We help debug this in any way?

Thanks!
2016-5-25
Use props
qba73
lvl.3
Flight distance : 496847 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same issue here after the dji  app update today, video transmission is spotty with flickering black screen.

Have latest firmware, iPad mini 4 and iPhone 6 (both have issue) and also have hardware decoding (issue is present whether on or off)

Prior to app update video transmission was crystal clear.

They changed something and broke it in the process.
2016-5-25
Use props
brad
New

United States

Just updated to 2.8.2 and have lost video in both of my Phantom 4's One uses an ipad pro 9.6 the other an iphone 6s. We were flying with a friend today who has the previous version of DJI GO and an ipad pro 6.8 and had no problems. There is something wrong with the new update!, I will be going back to the previous version that was backed up on itunes. Never had a problem with it.
2016-5-25
Use props
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Finland

I don't have a old iTunes backup i Hope the Dji will fix this soon.. i have a work to do with Phantom 4 and it is this moment useless.. i got errors after 2 meters. DO NOT UPDATE THE NEW DJI GO APP!

DJI: Any help to get the old software? I think it is not possible with Apple ?
2016-5-25
Use props
johnchao411
Second Officer
Flight distance : 45364 ft
Taiwan

ville.honkonen@ Posted at 2016-5-26 13:13
I don't have a old iTunes backup  i Hope the Dji will fix this soon.. i have a work to do with Pha ...

Exact the same thing happens to me...please fix the problem
2016-5-25
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

ville.honkonen@ Posted at 2016-5-26 13:13
I don't have a old iTunes backup  i Hope the Dji will fix this soon.. i have a work to do with Pha ...

Hello Ville, what was the channel condition at that time? Did you try to use the custom channel and lower the bit rate ? It would be better to post some screenshots of the channel condition at that time.
2016-5-26
Use props
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Finland

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-26 11:02
Hello Ville, what was the channel condition at that time? Did you try to use the custom channel an ...

All the channels is 100% in app.. but the picture is lag and pixeling.

I think there is no need any screenshots to see that the image is black.. and i think the safety is first to get the Phantom back before taking some screenshots! this is a huge problem in this update. There is also youtube videos.
2016-5-26
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

ville.honkonen@ Posted at 2016-5-26 16:12
All the channels is 100% in app.. but the picture is lag and pixeling.

I think there is no need a ...

It would be better to enter the image transmitting channel to check this. Did you check the channel noise at that time? 信道.PNG
2016-5-26
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And same here with 2.8.2 on iPad pro (IOS 9.3.2) with Phantom 4, choppy video, continuous reports of weak video signal although showing full bars for video & control signal. Previous version (2.8.1) had been super smooth.
Another headache for the support guys.

Channels were on automatic as per UK or EU setting. I tried location as US and picked a couple of fixed channels, didn't appear to be much different.

I have video of screen and will upload soon.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vnj66q ... iPad%20pro.mp4?dl=0

2016-5-26
Use props
johnchao411
Second Officer
Flight distance : 45364 ft
Taiwan

Aardvark Posted at 2016-5-26 16:47
And same here with 2.8.2 on iPad pro (IOS 9.3.2) with Phantom 4, choppy video, continuous reports of ...

totally no problem while using a 3rd party app.
2016-5-26
Use props
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Finland

I fly 1 day before update almost 200m distance and 0 lag and errors. Now i can't go over 2m when i got pixeling:

Screenshot 2016-05-26 13.27.45.png
2016-5-26
Use props
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Finland

i don't know how hard is dji to say that "we have a problem in software" - now people are just sending screenshots and keep they $1800 device in home because they update the software.. this is not good! Please say something if you are working with this bug and when it is maybe coming to fix?
2016-5-26
Use props
bobasbury
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

ville.honkonen@ Posted at 2016-5-26 19:10
i don't know how hard is dji to say that "we have a problem in software" - now people are just sendi ...

Well, say "We have a problem in the software" if there is a problem in the software.  The red bars you're seeing may be caused by something else.  It can be a new / different signal in your area, etc.  Why not cooperate with any DJI rep that's trying to help you rather than preemptively short-circuiting the diagnosis process?
2016-5-26
Use props
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Finland

bobasbury Posted at 2016-5-26 15:57
Well, say "We have a problem in the software" if there is a problem in the software.  The red bars ...

Well first:

If the dji phantom get error in 20 m high and i loose all fpv signal, i really don't take any screenshots to dji, i just try to get the plane down safe, the first thing is not try to get some pictures why this happend. I have tested P4 now in 50km area and get same problems everywhere.

Second: there is at this moment about 20 people reporting same problem. Also you can find youtube videos this same problem.

And third: i have fly this machine in this week about 4h, why all the problems start after the software update.

If we buy a $1800 device.. we are not the people who are testing the software!
2016-5-26
Use props
mactech
lvl.3
United States

ville.honkonen@ Posted at 2016-5-26 07:10
i don't know how hard is dji to say that "we have a problem in software" - now people are just sendi ...

It is very very hard.   

First the encryption update that relegated older tablets/phone hardware from working and now another shot across the bow disabling our birds.  
2016-5-26
Use props
sweetsoundtfj
New

United States

I am also having the same problem. The feed gets weak at just a few meters away. I can't see what I'm shooting. It started directly after my app updated on it own. I will certainly turn off auto update on this app since DJI wants the user to be the tester.
2016-5-26
Use props
dkkabinets
New
Flight distance : 22858419 ft
  • >>>

Just updated RC for P4.
Will test today and let u know results
2016-5-26
Use props
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Finland

sweetsoundtfj Posted at 2016-5-26 16:26
I am also having the same problem. The feed gets weak at just a few meters away. I can't see what I' ...

Yes this is bad I am finding now from my friends old ipads if they have the 2.8.1 dji go app, so i can make work to my client this P4.. at this moment this 2.8.2 is not safe..
2016-5-26
Use props
bobasbury
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ville.honkonen@ Posted at 2016-5-26 21:06
Well first:

If the dji phantom get error in 20 m high and i loose all fpv signal, i really don't t ...

I'm sorry, but you're being confrontational with DJI and even with me who can't do anything for you and haven't done anything TO you.

There are so many variables, both internal and external, you cannot expect there to be no issues.  It sounds to me like you want to wakeboard, but insist on not getting wet.  

This is NEVER going to change.  If you want a trouble-free hobby, you're going to have to take up something like hackey-sack.  Even then, you should check the seams on it from time to time.
2016-5-26
Use props
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Finland

bobasbury Posted at 2016-5-26 16:33
I'm sorry, but you're being confrontational with DJI and even with me who can't do anything for you ...

I have read your posts also from other threads... i need to say: you dont help anyone.. so please if you dont have any tips for this problem: don't answer anything.
2016-5-26
Use props
mjanzou
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14820 ft
United States

bobasbury Posted at 2016-5-26 06:33
I'm sorry, but you're being confrontational with DJI and even with me who can't do anything for you ...

Dude, what do you not get?

2.8.1 = good video signal

2.8.2 = broken video signal

or do you just like to hear yourself chat?????

2016-5-26
Use props
mgtkilledkenny
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1155823 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Most be dji way of keeping it line of sight ☺️
2016-5-26
Use props
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Finland

More reported problems found:

http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... 2-8-2-update.79338/
http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... .79338/#post-816107
http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... .79365/#post-816148
2016-5-26
Use props
mactech
lvl.3
United States

It is affecting me on iPhone 6+ and generally when the P4 is closer to the controller.  Instead of seeing the purple and green bars, it appears to go black now when changing channels because of interference.

I am not seeing any decrease in range and it doesn't happen as often when I am 100 ft away vs. 10ft it occurs more.  Odd problem.
2016-5-26
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
First Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mjanzou

We need to collect data to provide to R&D so they can find the issue. It has nothing to do with saying there is a problem or not. It does appear there are some experiencing this, so if you are please provide as much data as possible.

Thank you!
2016-5-26
Use props
bobasbury
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ville.honkonen@ Posted at 2016-5-26 21:43
I have read your posts also from other threads... i need to say: you dont help anyone.. so please  ...

Here's my best advice:  You get more ants with honey than you do with vinegar.
2016-5-26
Use props
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Finland

mactech Posted at 2016-5-26 17:04
It is affecting me on iPhone 6+ and generally when the P4 is closer to the controller.  Instead of s ...

Like this ?
Screenshot 2016-05-26 17.06.25.png
2016-5-26
Use props
mjanzou
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14820 ft
United States

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2016-5-26 07:04
Mjanzou

We need to collect data to provide to R&D so they can find the issue. It has nothing to do ...

Using my android go app and locked out notifications to keep it at 2.8.0
2016-5-26
Use props
qba73
lvl.3
Flight distance : 496847 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well i fly in the same place to test out new firmware etc (large field) with no interference from any power lines or cell towers etc.

on 2.8.1 the video transmission was flawless with 2.8.2 its glitched to no tomorrow, constant weak signal and flickering, artifacts.

someone on another forum said to change the transmission signal to 4mbs to clear it up, but why when it was working fine on 2.8.1 on auto.

nothing has changed other than the app update yesterday, so its not the bird, not the ios device, not the controller..its the app.

That being said its not hard for the DJI devs to figure out whats going on here (contrary to what is being said) because all they need to do is look at what was updated from 2.8.1 and narrow it down from there. I hate to come across testy but we paid 1400 for a piece of hardware that i know will never be perfect (as no tech is), however there must be better beta testing before releasing an app that can have bugs this critical to flight.

2016-5-26
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Can you guys that are having issues please sync your logs and completely remove the app, reboot the device and then reinstall. If that doesn't help, next try a to re-link the RC to the craft.
2016-5-26
Use props
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Finland

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2016-5-26 17:22
Can you guys that are having issues please sync your logs and completely remove the app, reboot the  ...

I have do that and no change, but i can make that re-link also and try that..
2016-5-26
Use props
mactech
lvl.3
United States

Yes, like that exactly.
2016-5-26
Use props
mactech
lvl.3
United States

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2016-5-26 10:22
Can you guys that are having issues please sync your logs and completely remove the app, reboot the  ...

Changing channels eliminates the issue.  Using Auto is bad, channel 20 is REALLY bad and channel 13 works great.  

This is an interference issue and how the app is responding to it.

This is like the encryption upgrade problems all over again.
2016-5-26
Use props
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Finland

That RC-linking looking help a little bit inside the house.. if i go another room it will keep the quality good now and i got almost all channels green. I can't test outside at this moment because here in oulu / finland is almost 40mph wind..
2016-5-26
Use props
simonmd
lvl.1

Colombia

If it stops raining I will perform some test flights and try to collect as much information as I can about the problem. Anything specific you would like me to test DJI-BladeStrike?

I will also remove the app, reboot and reinstall, and relink. Although I believe I did that already with no success.

That being said, let's try and work with DJI to solve this problem guys. Software development is hard, control systems even more so, regressions unfortunately happen and isolating problems is not as easy as it sounds.

Cheers!
2016-5-26
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ville.honkonen@ Posted at 2016-5-26 07:30
I have do that and no change, but i can make that re-link also and try that..

Please relink and try to select a clean channel
2016-5-26
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

mactech Posted at 2016-5-26 07:34
Changing channels eliminates the issue.  Using Auto is bad, channel 20 is REALLY bad and channel 1 ...

Noted, Thank you!
2016-5-26
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ville.honkonen@ Posted at 2016-5-26 07:39
That RC-linking looking help a little bit inside the house.. if i go another room it will keep the q ...

When you get a chance for a flight please report back. Thank you again for giving your feedback!
2016-5-26
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

simonmd Posted at 2016-5-26 07:40
If it stops raining I will perform some test flights and try to collect as much information as I can ...

I appreciate you understanding.. Please try the suggestion even if you have tried before.

If you could provide screenshot of quality under custom channel versus auto, that would be outstanding!
2016-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules