"Weak image transfer signal" after update new Dji Go App !!
44239 420 2016-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
qba73
lvl.2
Flight distance : 496847 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dronie.dk Posted at 2016-5-28 15:22
I have the same issues.

Don't you just love it when DJI employees (DJI Ken) "it's happening to a s ...

They do take the brunt of the snafu's by R&D, kudos to them for keeping it together.

that response by them is a standard damage control tactic until R&D figures out where they tripped.

I don't even what to mention the reviews 2.8.2 is getting on the apple app store..its bad.
2016-5-28
Use props
markdaviesmedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 464961 ft
United States

Same issues - weak image transmission, distorted video, video drop out. All happen at close range. None affects UAV control.

I'd love to rollback to 2.8.1 but couldn't directly access the app file from the earlier Skydrive post.

Phantom 4, current firmware
iPad Air 2 running 9.3.2
DJI GO 2.8.2

Restarted all devices.
Rebooted iPad.
Emptied video cache.

Many thanks to the folks who are posting with brevity and civility.
2016-5-28
Use props
Capt. Wild Bill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1319180 ft
  • >>>
United States

Okay, I was out flying earlier today.
In the General Settings, I turned off the "Enable Hardware Decoding"..

PROBLEM SOLVED!
I had no issues with the weak signal/disconnect.
I was flying out to 2000-3000 ft where on Wednesday I couldn't get past 400-800 ft.

So I suggest to those having issues to try this.
Thank you Aardvark!!!
Thank You Aardvark!!!!

https://healthydrones.com/main?f ... amp;page_id=GENERAL

2016-5-28
Use props
jwt873
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

Capt. Wild Bill Posted at 2016-5-28 17:58
Okay, I was out flying earlier today.
In the General Settings, I turned off the "Enable Hardware Dec ...

I just tried turning off hardware decoding...  It did get noticeably better, but I still had a bit of blocking and freezing.  
2016-5-28
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534970 ft
Australia

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2016-5-26 23:38
You really don't understand our testing do you?! We have  teams of beta tester over the world. Eve ...

Hi Bladestrike.

Please take this post as honest and constructive..., as my intent (of many years professional experience in the management/software industry) is to help.

Whilst I fully appreciate there may be some level of testing that DJI conduct on fw/saw releases, I (and many other users) remain unconvinced at how thorough and tightly controlled on filtering issues and bugs it is.

Time and time again, and time again and again, the first few that are brave (or ignorant) enough to do an upgrade are either presented with serious issues or hidden/stealth functionality  in new updates, that are not documented or declared anywhere. ( just do a quick search on this and the Phantom Pilots Fourms for plenty evidence of this statement)

I have been asking for a detailed release notes that include known issues, accompanying all releases, a practise followed by most mature companies/development orgs. So that end users can intelligently decide on an update, and at the same time cover DJI in ensuring that known issues are clearly articulated and explained . - it's a win-win situation, for both DJI and the customer, for very little effort.

I appreciate that DJI as a company has grown very quickly, and sometimes critical SDLC steps may be left out whilst an organisation works to fulfil market demand, balance customer needs and address issues.
However DJI is moving away from being a "toy" manufacturer, to providing a platform that many professionals are already starting to use as a serous platform.  Sooner or later it is going to have to be far more transparent and following a fully documented and tight Development Lifecycle will be required as it progresses to the next stage.  Adopting this practise sooner rather then later will really ease the pains and frustrations of both the users and developers.
2016-5-28
Use props
johnchao411
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45364 ft
Taiwan

Pipobike Posted at 2016-5-28 14:44
Which 3rd parity app you are using? If you do not want to say it in forum, please send PN, thanks! ...

"FPV camera" is fine to use, or you can switch off the "hardware decoding" in "DJI go" to get better experience>>suggested by Aardvark.
2016-5-28
Use props
palak.desai
lvl.1

Can this be fixed by using android?
2016-5-28
Use props
morten
lvl.2
Flight distance : 905171 ft
Denmark

Same problems here, immediately noticeable.

Hoping for a fast 2.8.3
2016-5-28
Use props
shawnwoelfel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14163 ft

No sense in beating a dead horse, but I have the same issues as everyone else since updating the DJI Go app. Worked flawless prior. Now it's un-flyable. I won't risk 2k on glitched software. Grounded until a fix. I might even take this thing back. I have 10 days left at Best Buy. We will see how fast DJI corrects the issue. For the money.. updates shouldn't be rolled out unless they are right. As far as the work with DJI comment.. yeah.. I am not the R&D Dept. I purchased a rig that is supposed to work. It does not.  Hope they figure it out.
2016-5-28
Use props
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 80919 ft
Finland

We have here in finland next 3 weeks best weather what we can get.. the sun is not going down at all and we can get amazing shots.. but.. this is frustrating that Dji is doing NOTHING! They can downgrade the software in AppStore but no... and no fix also. A new $1800 device is in the box because is not safe to fly.. I hope dji will refund these people in this thread who are help to solve this problem some discount coupon or something like that... this is huge mistake from dji!
2016-5-29
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

palak.desai@gma Posted at 2016-5-29 04:20
Can this be fixed by using android?

Yes my Nexus 7 seems to work fine with the last Android 2.8.0 build. But it's not a fix as such.
2016-5-29
Use props
husstodd
lvl.1

United States

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2016-5-26 10:22
Can you guys that are having issues please sync your logs and completely remove the app, reboot the  ...

Just received my P4 a couple days ago.  Love this thing man!

I do have choppy video, and lots of green pixels enveloping my screen.

see your note above....where do I go to get very specific instructions abouthow I sync logs, removing the app, reboot device and then reinstall.

You talking about the app on my tablet?
2016-5-29
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

ville.honkonen@ Posted at 2016-5-26 01:13
I don't have a old iTunes backup  i Hope the Dji will fix this soon.. i have a work to do with Pha ...

You could restore your iPad with iCloud back up to a date just before your app updated and this will put the older version back on your iPad, no iTunes necessary.
2016-5-29
Use props
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Finland

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-5-29 15:10
You could restore your iPad with iCloud back up to a date just before your app updated and this wi ...

I don't use iCloud backup to software.. only pictures etc. And this is not a fix to the problem, the problem is Dji.. not the users and how they backup devices.
2016-5-29
Use props
qba73
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Happy to report I have fixed the issue......by going back to 2.8.1 using the "Charles" method described earlier in this thread.

Took her up this morning, 2 flights whether 20 feet away or 2000 feet away, no weak signal, no flicker, not so much as a pixel judder... channel set to auto, hardware decode on (like its supposed to be)

2.8.2 is borked as we all know, something in that code is off. Bet it has to do with Facebook live code as it uses the transmission feed, but what do I know. What I do know is its not our bird, not our setup, its the app. (least on IOS)

aww but no facebook, boohoo...lol

turned off auto updates on my iTunes store.. and going to enjoy flicker free flying.
2016-5-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

I have sent over some video clips that a few of you have shared.
Instead of saying "mine does it too" it's better to provide a quick clip if you can.
2016-5-29
Use props
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Finland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-29 16:55
I have sent over some video clips that a few of you have shared.
Instead of saying "mine does it too ...

Are you really meaning that you still wait provides about this bug?!! I have never seen such bad customer service
2016-5-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

ville.honkonen@ Posted at 2016-5-29 22:00
Are you really meaning that you still wait provides about this bug?!! I have never seen such bad c ...

What I'm saying is that DJI is aware of it and I have been asked for everyone who is experiencing it to provide a video clip if possible.
2016-5-29
Use props
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Finland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-29 17:13
What I'm saying is that DJI is aware of it and I have been asked for everyone who is experiencing  ...

How long do you believe that this repair will take, surely you understand that this is not a terribly good thing for people who need these devices at work
2016-5-29
Use props
rreindl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

ville.honkonen@ Posted at 2016-5-29 22:00
Are you really meaning that you still wait provides about this bug?!! I have never seen such bad c ...

The more information we provide the better chance this can be resolved quickly. This is my development background speaking.

For some reason I am no longer having the issue. I only had the issue on one battery the second day and only for the first 7 minutes of my flight. This is on my IPad Air 2. I am just about to go test this on my iPhone 6s.
2016-5-29
Use props
Iiikabiii
lvl.1

United States

I tried using the icloud backup to a previous day that had the 2.8.1 version and the app was un-usable until it updated again to 2.8 2
2016-5-29
Use props
qba73
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Liikabiii try the Charles method it worked for me. Very relieving to be up in the skies again.

Will happily stay on 2.8.1 until 2.8.3 and confirmed trans bug free, whenever that will be
2016-5-29
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-29 22:13
What I'm saying is that DJI is aware of it and I have been asked for everyone who is experiencing  ...

Ken,

First, thanks for your efforts.  Not a fun job to have to monitor forums and be the front man when things go wrong, and I agree with the request for info.. the more the better to help isolate this.

That said, I and quite a number of others have been pointing out that the Development Lifecycle being used is making things worse not better as the software crew is trying to make the drones better not worse... That's getting it backwards.  :-(  They need to STOP.. get to a stable base - a truly stable cross platform base and then, and only then, incrementally start to try and add things back "slowly"..  Right now they're building (it feels) a house of cards.. where issues from prior versions carry on to create new or similar issues in the next version.  I really don't care what country the development is being done in..  There's a right way and a wrong way to do it..  :-(
2016-5-29
Use props
bethani699
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1986896 ft
  • >>>
United States

qba73 Posted at 2016-5-29 21:22
Happy to report I have fixed the issue......by going back to 2.8.1 using the "Charles" method descri ...

How do we reinstall the old app...any direction.....Also I went out flying this morning and my signal was OK. I tapped HD at the top and switched to a manual Transmission, but would love the old update, some reason i have a brainfart this morning lolololol. Yes I wonder as well if the new FB live is causing this issue. I did the try the FB live yesterday it was pretty cool, Today I turned off Decoding and switched to manual HD transmission seemed to be somewhat better no green pixel but everonce in a while a smooth glitch acroos the screen.....
2016-5-29
Use props
qba73
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

See jhonkahiemo's post he also provides the number you need.. Look on page 10 or so, am on my mobile so can't see the post#
Kudos to sploodge as well for originally posting the how to rollback.
2016-5-29
Use props
qba73
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

2.8.1 all systems operational lol
image.jpg
2016-5-29
Use props
qba73
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Well I have now taken her up 4 times, trans on auto hardware decode on.. and not 1 flicker or weak signal etc..

Just as it was before 2.8.2
2016-5-29
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

bethani699@gmai Posted at 2016-5-29 22:57
How do we reinstall the old app...any direction.....Also I went out flying this morning and my sign ...

There are a bunch of posts on reinstalling the older version. The most straight forward is to restore a backup from iCloud (if you're backing up that way) to a version pre-2.8.2 via the iTunes reset.  You'll then be right back where you were when that back up was taken.  Alternate is to use the "Charles" method mentioned a couple of posts prior.. a number of steps, but works as well (especially if you don't have a backup).
2016-5-29
Use props
ELISEU
lvl.1

Brazil

I'm having the same problem, I have a PHANTOM 3 PROFESSIONAL and use a Iphopne 6 Plus. It was the update. PLEASE REVISE IT URGENTLY !!!!
2016-5-29
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sploodge Posted at 2016-5-27 07:59
Still goes through Apple approval process so will not be instantaneous..

if you want the previous  ...

Thanks again Sploodge for posting this info', I'm now back to 2.8.1 on iPad & iPhone, looking rock solid again.
2016-5-29
Use props
delignejose
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1093248 ft
United States

Aardvark was it difficult to get back on 2.8.1 I tried but can't figure it out
2016-5-29
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

delignejose@hot Posted at 2016-5-29 16:38
Aardvark was it difficult to get back on 2.8.1 I tried but can't figure it out

Took me 2nd attempt (or was it 3rd  ?), I printed out instruction, but more importantly watch video and had it running along side as I was working on main machine. I even uninstalled and reinstalled Charlie again, it takes a bit of concentration but it does work.

Took me a good hour or so...
2016-5-29
Use props
rreindl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

As with my iPad Air 2, my iPhone 6s is not having the issue. I just tested two full batteries and no issues. I also changed settings as well (map cache, hardware acceleration).  All devices have the latest versions. I have the P3A.

I wounder if there is select hardware (Drone and or RC) batches that are having the issue. If so this is going to be very difficult to trouble shoot.

DJI-Ken,
Is there anyway you can check flight logs or get something from us to narrow down this issue if it is hardware batch related?
2016-5-29
Use props
delignejose
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1093248 ft
United States

Thanks Aardvark I'll try it again see what happens
2016-5-29
Use props
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Finland

rreindl Posted at 2016-5-29 18:52
As with my iPad Air 2, my iPhone 6s is not having the issue. I just tested two full batteries and no ...

- iPad Air 9.3.2
- 2 times installed dji Go app and rebooted
-> hardware acceleration ON

I got the weak image transfer error 4 sec after starting the app..
2016-5-29
Use props
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Finland

jhonkaheimo Posted at 2016-5-28 02:16
Took me 10 mins to roll back to software if you watch that video that was posted above it works.

That is NOT easy! Need to say... i use in first steps about 20min to get the proxy work etc.. and the video was then only in 40% and almost 15 steps left... this is really ridiculous, people are using time some hacking the old softwares to take Phantoms work.. this is really the last step, i think to moving Yuneec...
2016-5-29
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

ville.honkonen@ Posted at 2016-5-30 00:31
That is NOT easy! Need to say... i use in first steps about 20min to get the proxy work etc.. and t ...

Keep saying it.  :-)  If you have a back up in the iCloud (easy to check.. go to Settings -> General -> Storage and iCloud Usage -> Check under "Manage Storage" for iCloud .. on IOS Device .. It will show you backups and dates..  Then do a reset from iTunes ..  It will ask if want to do a restore from a Backup.. Pick the one prior to 2.8.2 being installed..  Make sure Auto App update is turned off (FIRST) or it will automatically install 2.8.2 again..  Works great.. no fuss no muss.  :-)

2016-5-29
Use props
Iiikabiii
lvl.1

United States

When i did the icloud backup and all was said and finished dji go would not open unless it was updated
2016-5-29
Use props
Iiikabiii
lvl.1

United States

It actually says that on the apple support page. Says if an app was an older version it will have to update to work after a icloud backup
2016-5-29
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

Iiikabiii@gmail Posted at 2016-5-30 01:38
It actually says that on the apple support page. Says if an app was an older version it will have to ...

Didn't work that way here (in the last month of so).. Otherwise every app that may have had an update should be asking??  Did you turn off automatic updates?  If not, try it that way..

Alternative using older .IPA file..

http://www.hightechdad.com/2015/ ... sion-of-an-ios-app/

2016-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules