101000 FT Boosted Phantom Terminator Antennas !!! Game Over.....
5180 36 2016-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sam999
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20856 ft
Greece

Just installed my Terminator 2x14 dB linear panels did not test yet, web site they did Over 12 miles and when boosted they go over 20 miles, they are huge as big as a phantom4 bag , came in black colour so painted them white they look nicer , anyone installed/tested these can you share your experince.

2016-5-25
Use props
Iiikabiii
lvl.1

United States

How would you even get a distance like that with a battery that last under 30 mins?
2016-5-25
Use props
alwildey
lvl.2

United States

Iiikabiii@gmail Posted at 2016-5-25 16:29
How would you even get a distance like that with a battery that last under 30 mins?

Yes I would like to know that to
2016-5-25
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

And more to the point,  why would you WANT to do a 1 way flight that far.  Then you have to go find the bird and bring it home.  And to carry around that stupid antenna is a joke. In fact,  I think this whole thing must be a joke.
2016-5-25
Use props
juliovincentyjr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 829908 ft

Iiikabiii@gmail Posted at 2016-5-26 04:29

He will need to daisy chain 3 batteries to even come close to home point. Lmfao.

I'm not sure if your comment was meant to be funny, but I can not stop laughing.

2016-5-25
Use props
Bennyboy1983
lvl.3
Flight distance : 141089 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I smell very sticky bull.
2016-5-25
Use props
PhanFran
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Hope that you didn't use any old lead-containing paint to paint your new super-antennas or they will not work whaever the website says :-)
Keep us posted how far you get and do some basic math:
With a Phantom 4 in Sport mode you can reach 72 km/hour max speed, maybe a bit more with backwind.
When you set the warning points of low and critically low battery respectively to 1 % ypu vcan fly, theoretically, 14 minutes and 14 minutes back.
That means you could reach 12 miles in super conditions and probably the AC will have landend itself already several miles before it's back to it's homepoint.

But yes, probably this is a joke :-)
2016-5-25
Use props
Sam999
lvl.3
Greece

Iiikabiii@gmail Posted at 2016-5-25 23:29

According to the web site they did over 8 miles and back with these Antennas and a 12 miles one way flight ,,, here is a link for the 12 miles flight

2016-5-26
Use props
Sam999
lvl.3
Greece

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-5-25 23:58
And more to the point,  why would you WANT to do a 1 way flight that far.  Then you have to go find  ...

I guess some people like to do that , for me carrying around the antenna is not a joke .
2016-5-26
Use props
Sam999
lvl.3
Greece

PhanFran Posted at 2016-5-26 01:45
Hope that you didn't use any old lead-containing paint to paint your new super-antennas or they will ...

No did not use lead-containing paint for my super-antennas , I did test them today in the city full  interference did 2km in a 3min flight and braught back but I need to test them in open space , and yes i see your point.

2016-5-26
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Sam999 Posted at 2016-5-26 09:36
I guess some people like to do that , for me carrying around the antenna is not a joke .

To each his own.  My bone stock Advanced is good for over 13,800 feet one way and still rth with 30 % battery.  That's plenty far enough. I don't really want to have to go chase it down after a 10 mile one way flight or whatever.
2016-5-26
Use props
solsystem7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6550331 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sam, how heavy is this antenna? Have you tried holding it with the controller for any extended period of time. I was thinking of this antenna vs the Maxxuav, but not sure. They both have the same gain from what I can tell. At present Im using the FPVLR with boosters, but think Ive reached my limit.... (33,600) ft...
2016-5-26
Use props
Sam999
lvl.3
Greece

solsystem7@gmai Posted at 2016-5-27 00:04
Sam, how heavy is this antenna? Have you tried holding it with the controller for any extended perio ...

I haven't weighted the antenna by it self but guessing holding it with my hand (controller+10" tablet+antenna) looks like between 2.5 to 3 kilos, a strap is a must or dont fly , this is 2x14 dB panels dont know how much Maxxuav uses but i heard good things about it too.
2016-5-27
Use props
microcyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Very impressive.   Many would have some solid reasons for such a setup.  One being the biggest is to insure you never lose signal.  Of course many might hate the idea of adding this mod, for the reason of wanting to go that far, but I always go the distance with mine so congratz.

Would like to see some of your video tests (speed up the film if flying that far)Mine is modded but not that much, but I am happy with 2 miles with a Standard model.
I just like the fact that no matter where I fly, I do not get the FPV to drop or RC.

I think I would drop dead and freak out going past 3 miles.

This is extereme!
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1462305838.626015.jpg
http://healthydrones.com/main?share=iCDnHy
http://healthydrones.com/main?share=gIdfGI
2016-5-27
Use props
Sam999
lvl.3
Greece

microcyb Posted at 2016-5-27 19:37
Very impressive.   Many would have some solid reasons for such a setup.  One being the biggest is to ...

Thanks for your comment and yes absolutely one of the reasons for such a setup is to insure you never lose signal
2016-5-30
Use props
Sam999
lvl.3
Greece

Updated : Due to heaviness carrying over 3 kilos of (Remote - Tablet - Terminator Antennas), Im using a tripod !!!

2016-8-3
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

I'm not a fan of such a big antenna setup and the setup required each time you fly, but I sure like that extended range!

nothing wrong with being into distance flying if you have good places for those flights.
2016-8-3
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

I reached 30 000 feet stock, I picked up a maxxrange mod and am waiting for a rc I purchased from ebay, when u say boosted, do u mean extra power supply?, or does it run off the rc, still new to this, I think with vps shut off I coulda maybe doubled my distance with the booster, but will have to see when its set up. My flights will always be return flights, I'm not going anywhere to retrieve my P4, but I see the intrigue of it all, its a rush to push your unit, untill u lose it anyways. Look forward to seeing some video from u, and maybe some more info on your set up
2016-8-3
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

by the by, there are zero gravity harness u can purchase so your rc is supported by shoulder and body harness... I made mine out of a work pouch I retired ( I'm a framer/drywaller by trade) Had shoulder straps and nice waist belt. My rc clips to it, even with the maxxrange extender clipped on I dont even notice it, heck I dont have to hold onto it it stays steady in place so it allows me to focus on flying and controlling my camera.. I'll post some pics if interested
2016-8-3
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

I have flown my advanced a tad over 3 miles one way..... at this point in my environment you are very close to pushing the limit. In fact  if the head wind gets a bit strong on the way back.... I can promise that in this environment that you will not make it back.

Temperature and air density ( Barometric Pressure). all these things can come into play when you're pushing those extremes. you are asking a bit much of those battery's. In short.. I have learned that the Stock phantom line is limited by the the battery life long before it reaches its (stock antenas) max capabilities

If Battery power on the quads ever gets closer to the 45 minute mark,,,,, I would be interested.  

In the meantime I would be very interested to see how that antenna would perform on a fixed wing with a bit more potential for flight time.  
2016-8-4
Use props
billwish76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft

All I can say is I saw all the videos and propaganda about Argtek  and it was a bust I couldn't even get 500 feet with the damn thing I ended up getting a DBS mod cuz I got a friend that got 7000 feet on a standard and I'll test her this weekend
2016-8-5
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

billwish76 Posted at 2016-8-5 13:53
All I can say is I saw all the videos and propaganda about Argtek  and it was a bust I couldn't even ...

I have an advanced, and I bought the Argtek and it worked great for me. Probably gave me 40% more range. I'm wondering if you must have some other issue. Good luck to you though. Like someone mentioned, I can go 3+ miles in the right area, but my battery is about all used by the time I gat it back home. And that is on a calm day. Wouldn't dare try it on a windy day.

I myself, wouldn't like that big antenna to carry around, but hey, everybody has a right to do whatever they feel like. How far can you go and get back safely is what I would worry about.
2016-8-5
Use props
virtualimagedes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 364826 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is your drone the new spin on a drug runner
2016-8-6
Use props
Joopers7
lvl.1

United States

On this subject do you think Phantom will make a battery of the same size last longer? Maybe a battery saver software update??
2016-8-6
Use props
shop
New

United States

Joopers7 Posted at 2016-8-7 07:26
On this subject do you think Phantom will make a battery of the same size last longer? Maybe a batte ...

Better batteries are the holy grail in electronics. It is reasonable to expect that DJI, while not itself a developer of batteries, will keep up with advances in battery technology.
2016-8-7
Use props
Sam999
lvl.3
Greece

Joopers7 Posted at 2016-8-7 02:26
On this subject do you think Phantom will make a battery of the same size last longer? Maybe a batte ...

maybe yes ...
2016-10-1
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft
Netherlands

Great over flat open ground, but only boosters will help with areas that are wooded or signal heavy..  We all don't live in Kansas or Nebraska (no offense intended)..  Try small town New England.. TREES EVERYWHERE!!!
:-)
2016-10-1
Use props
Gstan30117
lvl.3
Flight distance : 228645 ft
United States

billwish76 Posted at 2016-8-5 13:53
All I can say is I saw all the videos and propaganda about Argtek  and it was a bust I couldn't even ...

I got 5,496' from my standard with a DBS mod before I turned around. I'm not going out that far again until my GPS tracker gets here.
2016-10-1
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Gstan30117@hotm Posted at 2016-10-1 09:33
I got 5,496' from my standard with a DBS mod before I turned around. I'm not going out that far ag ...

I have a trackimo ( GPS Tracker )  and love it .  I have a windsurfer on my antenna and get a little over 3 miles and then must turnaround anyway because my battery says so , and I am not going to push it.  Some of these claims are ridiculous.

donnie
2016-10-1
Use props
Mabou2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ok....  kinda cool having this ability... but not realistic for everyday use.  
2016-10-1
Use props
calls4u2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 211604 ft
United Kingdom

PhanFran Posted at 2016-5-25 23:45
Hope that you didn't use any old lead-containing paint to paint your new super-antennas or they will ...

Using lead paint hugely reduces interference, there's a cover you can get for the phantom and the controller that shrouds it it lead and reduces interference to zero :/ ;) :p
2016-10-2
Use props
calls4u2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 211604 ft
United Kingdom

Sam999 Posted at 2016-5-26 17:37
No did not use lead-containing paint for my super-antennas  , I did test them today in the city f ...

That's the plus, in an area of interference using something larger or more directional will help push through, similar for people in wooded areas I guess.

If DJI would just allow us control of the power output then we'd not need all these boosters. It's the power coming out of the antenna that is the legal requirement, so people are modding controllers to potentially not be legal anyway.

DJI, just give us the option in the menus, it would be safer anyway as will help us keep control even if sudden interference.
2016-10-2
Use props
billwish76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft

RicardoGray Posted at 2016-8-6 02:22
I have an advanced, and I bought the Argtek and it worked great for me. Probably gave me 40% more  ...

mo.s later i have dbs mod much better for me 3500ft.now on th p3a they have much beter rang stock than the stand2
2016-10-31
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

For the sake of our hobby, can you NOT post about these (interesting feats). You may have perfectly good intentions but there are lots of nasty elements in this world who want to configure nasty payloads. So why add to that?
2016-11-1
Use props
Mark Weiss
lvl.4
United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-10-1 05:59
Great over flat open ground, but only boosters will help with areas that are wooded or signal heavy..  We all don't live in Kansas or Nebraska (no offense intended)..  Try small town New England.. TREES EVERYWHERE!!!
:-)

I get about 1800' with the trees here in New England.
2018-6-16
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Mark Weiss Posted at 2018-6-16 06:16
I get about 1800' with the trees here in New England.

You also got close to another record, that being waking up very old threads posting information irrelevant for the thread. What range you get today with your brand new P4P v2.0 using other transmission system and higher capacity batteries can't be relevant for what was hot on P4 back in 2016.

How about being a little polite and using a few minutes trying to answer the questions your being asked in your own thread?
2018-6-16
Use props
Imovetheearth
lvl.3
United States

That’s a drone on a collision course with something ! More “food” for the drone haters!
2018-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules