Way point recording
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Goldchucker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 512 ft
United States

I have a dji phantom 3 standard.  I've been practicing with a few simple way point recordings, primarily square ones for simplicity.  At each way point I face the camera toward the next way point and so on completing the sequence with 4 way points recorded.  After saving the recording and playing it back in "Consistent with record" mode, the quad flies straight to the first way point facing forward but when it flies to the second and remaining waypoints, it is no longer facing forward.  LOL

(I flies with the camera facing the side or back depending on which way it is flying.)  Is this normal?

I hope I have made myself clear on this.  If I haven't , please don't hesitate to ask me any questions.

Thank you,
Chuck

2016-5-25
Use props
Beto NYC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 550472 ft

Waypoints from DJI? Forget it...
Download Litchi and be happy.
2016-5-25
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft

Waypoints with the DJI GO app does not remember the orientation of the drone it was in when you record the waypoints. It just simply flies to the waypoints keeping the same orientation. As stated above, using other apps such as Litchi and/or Autopilot are other good alternatives for more gps waypoint and camera functions.
2016-5-25
Use props
Goldchucker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 512 ft
United States

MrPinaColada Posted at 2016-5-25 20:14
Waypoints with the DJI GO app does not remember the orientation of the drone it was in when you reco ...

Than you guys.  

I thought it was strange that the quad didn't turn and face the next way point.

Chuck
2016-5-25
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Chuck, in "Consistent with record" mode, the drone's nose position will be recorded at each point .When it starts to fly the mission, the drone will adjust its orientation smoothly.So by the time it reaches the second point,the drone's orientation should be the same as the pre-set orientation.
2016-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules