Another phantom 2 vision plus v3.0 wrong esc's
123Next >
14471 101 2015-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

Everything is good except the old style esc's nice I ordered the correct ones but wanted others to know there are a lot of units sold v3.0 that have the wrong esc's in them.
2015-1-19
Use props
applekiller
lvl.3
Flight distance : 138458 ft
Canada

How are you identifying as 'old' ESC's ?   By the lights or by looking for the v2.1 on label?   
2015-1-19
Use props
rod.email
lvl.4

New Zealand

applekiller Posted at 2015-1-20 13:17
How are you identifying as 'old' ESC's ?   By the lights or by looking for the v2.1 on label?

There has been several reports of this. Has anyone had any input from DJI?  we always seem to be talking among ourselves here these days.

If this is happening then surely DJI should make a statement. (or have I missed it?)
2015-1-19
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

I read a statement (apparently from DJI) that the ESCs v2.0 and 2.1 are basically the same. The version number difference is only due to change of their supplier.

DJI, can you confirm this?
2015-1-20
Use props
teza
lvl.2

United Kingdom

markus2015 Posted at 2015-1-21 00:56
I read a statement (apparently from DJI) that the ESCs v2.0 and 2.1 are basically the same. The vers ...

hi I thought i had read somewhere that the later version had thinner wires
2015-1-20
Use props
teza
lvl.2

United Kingdom

teza Posted at 2015-1-21 01:16
hi I thought i had read somewhere that the later version had thinner wires

hi that should have read thinner wires on the esc`s
2015-1-20
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

applekiller Posted at 2015-1-20 13:17

By the numbers on it and the fact they do not have the v2.0 or v2.1 on the sticker at all. the number is 0291955740 I have been in contact with them they wanted me to send it to them I will not do that I want them to send me the correct esc's.
2015-1-20
Use props
teza
lvl.2

United Kingdom

teza Posted at 2015-1-21 01:17
hi that should have read thinner wires on the esc`s

hi again watch the youtube of jack dji phanton2 v 3 unboxing and review he has the old and new opened up
teza
2015-1-20
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

teza Posted at 2015-1-21 01:56
hi again watch the youtube of jack dji phanton2 v 3 unboxing and review he has the old and new ope ...

That was a useless video. It does not show the esc's. I can only wonder how many units were sold with the wrong esc's in them that is pretty bad manufacturing. I will go to a different company when this one craps out.
2015-1-20
Use props
knarfboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The Phantom 2 ESC's  1.x  2.0 or 2.1 has the same Hardware V2 , printed on the PBC

The Software Version is printed on the white paper Label.

Is no versions  number on it and was assembled in a Phantom 2 with the old motors 2212 it is  Version 1.x
Is no versions number on it and was assembled is a Phantom 2 with stronger motors 2312 it is version 2.0 with Firmware 4.02

Is versions number v2.0 on it the white label it is version 2.0 ; firmware 4.02

Is versions number v2.1 on it the white label it is version 2.1 ; firmware 4.06 or higher

The rumors in serveral forums say's the firmware 4.02 has a problem / bug with a high risk to burn the MOS-FET on the ESC , in this case the copter will crash.
2015-1-20
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

knarfboy Posted at 2015-1-21 08:36
The Phantom 2 ESC's  1.x  2.0 or 2.1 has the same Hardware V2 , printed on the PBC

The Software Ver ...

Mine was made late December 2014 today they confirmed I have v3.0 upgraded motors extra shielding for the gps antenna and the wrong esc's installed in it. They told me if I send it back they will pay for shipping and put the correct esc's in it and will take about four weeks. I am going to simply bite the cost and do it myself the new esc are 20.00 on amazon and I have everything to do the job plus it will get me firmilure with the unit.
2015-1-20
Use props
applekiller
lvl.3
Canada

It seems you cannot go by the white label on the ESC'S but rather if the front red led is lite only on starting the props (indicating new firmware).    DJI CAN YOU SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT ON THIS ???????????
2015-1-20
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

applekiller, look at albritt and capt.bill's comments in this thread:

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... ght=ESC&lang=en

seems like there may be conflicting information on whether the LED is 100% consistent in terms of determining ESC version.
2015-1-20
Use props
applekiller
lvl.3
Canada

Hi gnixon2015,

I agree there are a lot of mixed opinions,  can seem to find definative answers...  DJI ??
2015-1-21
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

applekiller Posted at 2015-1-21 13:35
It seems you cannot go by the white label on the ESC'S but rather if the front red led is lite only  ...

DJI has already clarified...you go by the white label on the ESC. See the attached image of the instruction card they sent out with the 2312 motor upgrade. The white label on the ESC is what tells the story. There's a bunch of silly rumors, including blue marks on capacitors, flashing LEDs, and varous startup beeps...all wishful thinking on the part of afflicted Phantom owners.

2015-1-21
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

thanks for the clarification mac
2015-1-21
Use props
applekiller
lvl.3
Canada

MacCool .....  So I'm going to pursue getting these exchanged then..  I have a P2V+  V3 early Dec 2014 vintage.    No stickers on ESC's...   Lights indicate newer firmware (if that can be an indicator).   I will be call DJI.. will see how that goes.
2015-1-21
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

applekiller Posted at 2015-1-22 06:04
MacCool .....  So I'm going to pursue getting these exchanged then..  I have a P2V+  V3 early Dec 20 ...

I called them and they offered free shipping and upgrade of the esc's but I decided to simply change them myself it's easy and it will get me a bit more involved in what is inside. Plus they wont be able to screw nothing else up   I think of their warranty kind of like the fact that they sent a ton of units out with the wrong parts
2015-1-21
Use props
rdc44444.email
lvl.4

United States

I purchased two phantoms directly from dji and I'm a little concerned so i went to take a look inside. One has the 2.1 esc while the other one has no version on the sticker. In fact it looks like the sticker with no version number was placed on top of another sticker! Is this a confirmed problem? Should I contact dji to fix it
2015-1-21
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

rdc44444.email Posted at 2015-1-22 08:37
I purchased two phantoms directly from dji and I'm a little concerned so i went to take a look insid ...

Contact them it is the wrong esc the v2.1 is the correct one. Dji has sold alot of new units with the wrong esc.
2015-1-21
Use props
rdc44444.email
lvl.4

United States

Jeepinocala,
Dji agreed to pay for two way shipping? in reading their warranty policy it says user pays for shipping the unit to them and then if it's determined to be fixed under warranty they will fix it and pay for the return shipping. How did you get them to agree to pay for all shipping costs? I'm assuming you purchased directly from dji?
2015-1-21
Use props
rdc44444.email
lvl.4

United States

Jeepinocala,
Dji agreed to pay for two way shipping? in reading their warranty policy it says user pays for shipping the unit to them and then if it's determined to be fixed under warranty they will fix it and pay for the return shipping. How did you get them to agree to pay for all shipping costs? I'm assuming you purchased directly from dji?
2015-1-21
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

China

what do you mean by 'wrong esc?'
As the above post shows, on the esc label, there's 'no version', 'V2.0' and 'V2.1'
the four esc's version label on a single drone shall be the same
2015-1-21
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Dboy Posted at 2015-1-22 15:43
As the above post shows, on the esc label, there's 'no version', 'V ...

It means that you built many Phantoms with 2312 motors in them but built them with "no version" ESC's. You then sold them anyway, so now there are many Phantoms out there that are destined to crash from a burned ESC because you assembled them with the wrong parts.

DJI has made a mistake. Now, we all hope that they will fix the problem that they created for many of us with Phantoms that were built with incompatible parts.
2015-1-22
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

It means that you built many Phantoms with 2312 motors but put the wrong ESCs in them ("no version" label). Now Phantoms are crashing from burned ESCs.
2015-1-22
Use props
applekiller
lvl.3
Canada

According to the DJI documentation,     The new motors are not compatible with the old 'no version'  ESC's.    However  mine,   P2V+ V3  has esc's with no version 'AKA wrong'.    This is what we mean by 'wrong esc'.
2015-1-22
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

Wrong ESC, as in you built the current Phantom with 2312 motors, but the "no-version" ESC you put in some of them was incompatible and tends to lead to in-flight ESC failures with Phantoms crashing and burning. You sold them anyway, even though the ESCs weren't compatible. Now, those of us with those incorrectly-assembled Phantoms are finding it difficult to get DJI to clarify for us what we're supposed to do.
2015-1-22
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

China

MacCool Posted at 2015-1-23 07:10
Wrong ESC, as in you built the current Phantom with 2312 motors, but the "no-version" ESC you put  ...

Got you point.
If that was true, anyway, it's a quality control issue. I am the same nervous as you when I just heard that.
However, please be at ease for the ESC---Motor compatible issue. I just confirmed with plant, for all the 2312 motors, the ESC FW are updated to V2.0/V2.1. As you mentioned there's 2312 with "No version" ESC, the esc also has a V2.0/V2.1 FW inside, with the label still the original one. So there's no 'mismatch' issue.
BTW, the difference between V2.0/V2.1 is the self-protection algorithm. The "no version" ESC is V2.1 when "V2.1" ESC releases.
Hope I have clarified it, if still any suspicion, please post SN here and I will help trace the production data
2015-1-22
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

I have already had my serial number confirmed and yes it came with the WRONG esc installed in the unit as alot of them are assembled with the WRONG esc parts the no version esc is not a v2.0 or v2.1 it is the original esc and is not compatable with the new motors my unit is a phantom 2 vision plus v3.0 and came built WRONG. Dji offered me free shipping the their store in California and they would replace the wrong esc with the correct ones v2.1 but now I think my best bet is to simply do it myself . When I bought this thing I figured I would change a few things eventually.
2015-1-22
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

China

jeepinocala Posted at 2015-1-23 10:17
I have already had my serial number confirmed and yes it came with the WRONG esc installed in the un ...

Hi, jeepinocala,
Which service center provide the SN certification?
Thanks.
2015-1-22
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

Actually three first I contacted the dji support they confirmed it then somehow a second person at the supprt got a hold of one of the emails so he sent me a link to tech they confirmed it and gave me a contact in California they confirmed it again and offered free shipping but would not simply send me a set to have installed my daughter is a electrical engineer. So these things are so fragil I dont feel comfortable shipping it and having free local installation I will end up paying to have it corrected myself. Never had a company that would not send the correct parts to someone knowing a much higher qualified professional offered free installation.
2015-1-22
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Dboy Posted at 2015-1-23 09:50
Got you point.
If that was true, anyway, it's a quality control issue. I am the same nervous as yo ...

I appreciate you checking with the factory and I appreciate your offer to check my serial number for the correct ESC version. The serial number is PH645395963.

My concern is this publication from DJI, sent with the motor upgrade kits. It says that if the ESC has "no version" number on the whitle lable, like mine, then that ESC is not compatible with the 2312 motors. That seems to be different than what you are saying above in your reply.

What about this card from DJI?

2015-1-22
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

China

MacCool Posted at 2015-1-23 12:33
I appreciate you checking with the factory and I appreciate your offer to check my serial number f ...

Hi, Maccool,
Just confirmed, your PH645395963 is V2.0 ESC.
All the official 2312 phantom2 from DJI plant and support center are with V2.0/V2.1. However, a few customer may find some with "no version" label, they are indeed V2.0/V2.1 FW in the chip. The compatibility from our official pathway is reliable.
what's more, as to the instruction card you posted, it's correct for the compatibility between motor and ESC Firmware.
However, just a reminder, if the esc parts are got from non-official, please check the version for compatibility.
2015-1-22
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

Ok...thanks for checking.
2015-1-23
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

So how did you find that out here is a reply from your tech team to me after I asked if they could look up my serial number to check if I had the correct esc in mine------

Thank you for contacting DJI North America.
We cannot find that information based on the serial number alone.
DJI Technical Support Team
DJI Customer Service North America
2015-1-23
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

Here is two more replies I had after asking if I could check myself----------

We would advise against this as opening the craft you would void your warranty.

and a second within a few minutes----

Yes, opening the copter will void the warranty.
2015-1-23
Use props
rdc44444.email
lvl.4

United States

jeepinocala Posted at 2015-1-23 10:49
Actually three first I contacted the dji support they confirmed it then somehow a second person at t ...

Do you mind posting the serial number to your phantom?  im just curious what it is in relation to my two P2V+.   One has 2.1 esc and the other has no version.
2015-1-23
Use props
rdc44444.email
lvl.4

United States

Is it safe to assume DJI-Dboy is an official DJI rep?
2015-1-23
Use props
mech.email
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Dboy Posted at 2015-1-23 14:11
Hi, Maccool,
Just confirmed, your PH645395963 is V2.0 ESC.
All the official 2312 phantom2 from DJI  ...

So I have a P2V+ V3.0 with no version number on the white label. I wrote DJI and they said it was a manufacturing defect and I should contact their California office for a RMA. I called the number and it said there was a high call volume and to call back later. I tried for the next 2 hours and still no one answered. How can a company that builds such a good product be so bad at customer service.
2015-1-23
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

rdc44444.email Posted at 2015-1-23 20:03
Do you mind posting the serial number to your phantom?  im just curious what it is in relation to  ...

Mine is ph645455776 v3.0
2015-1-23
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules