Under the infulence?? Another crash.
820 2 2016-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Glitch
lvl.2

Thoughts on what it could be, or more importantly what it might take to fix it, if it can be fixed?
Phantom 2 w/ H3-3D crashed as if it were drunk during intial flight control check during second flight of day after uneventful first flight.
Immediately after hand launching, Phantom 2 didn't hold position despite 10sat GPS lock (confirmed by FPV monitor & appropriate indicator lights). First drifted direction was countered by Tx input which appeared to be received 2-3sec later. After which, Phantom 2 overcorrected as if it were in manual mode with vertical thrust seemingly the only flight characteristic functioning even close to how it should. The remaining 10-15 seconds of flight consisted of continually exaggerated direction shifts (final pitch and roll were roughly 45-55 degrees off level) after delayed reaction to Tx input, complicated by 0 GPS assistance to offset wind drift with continuous sattelite lock. Really looked like it was some idiot drunk pilot.

Updated firmware,
200m from start point of first flight (so not related to compass callibration)
No power transmission lines, or other external sources of interference.
Same location as previous 5 flights, 2 flights prior to that were only ~2mi away which were the first flights after received from DJI for warranty work. (b/c quick random uncontrolled descents)
GoPro Wi-Fi turned off.

DJI Phantom 2 w/ stock Tx
Zenmuse H3-3D (Now gimbal #4 is broken again, thankfully this time it's just structural)
AVL-58 video Tx
GoPro Hero4 Black
MarcoPolo RC tracker
Wind 0-5mph

I would somewhat like to crash my Phantom because of something I've done rather than the ~6 crashes from hardware failures. (Crash #1-3 weren't definitive enough to know it was hardware until 4&5 of which I hoped 4 was just a glitch, after 5 it went back to DJI) Best record is 8 flights without hardware failure.

2016-5-25
Use props
Glitch
lvl.2

P.S.

Start of second flight Battery was at ~63%, and mini iOSD is also installed on the unit...
2016-5-25
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry for your crash,Glitch. If you need the repairing service, feel free to get in touch with tech support via support@dji.com
2016-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules