Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Given up on Phantom 4 till they sort quality control out
2180 37 2016-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
usarfireman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79957 ft
United Kingdom

Well have given up on phantom 4 for the moment 1st one never made it out of the Apple store with Gimbal issue and also noticed no label on box lock like i have seeen on youtube and no removeable labels over all the sensors also, 2nd one had all the correct labels on lock and sensors but returned today for as much as i tried using all methods suggested on here could not get the UV filter off to put ND one, if i had damaged it trying to get it off would not have been able to return it, on after opening 3rd box at Apple noticed that all the stickers were missing again so suggest quality control is not as good as it should be so because of this small detail decided to get a refund, this may be nothing to do with Gimbal problem but do DJI have multiple factories for the growing demand and quailty control in one is better than the other who knows.
For those lucky enough to have one without any problems it is a great drone and did enjoy my one and only flight with it.
2016-5-26
Use props
hansalbin56
Banned

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-5-26
Use props
bobasbury
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

A drone that does not yet exist will always be more trouble-free than one that is actually in the air.
2016-5-26
Use props
hansalbin56
Banned

2016-5-26
Use props
usarfireman
lvl.4
United Kingdom

after researching Drones still think the P4 is a great Drone had a look at Xiaomi video looks ok but prefer the DJI
2016-5-26
Use props
hansalbin56
Banned

2016-5-26
Use props
Alari
lvl.2

Switzerland

Based on my own and all people I know, the drones that come without the stickers you mentioned come probably from the best manufacturing shift and don't have the tendency to the common faults.. (knock on wood 3x, don't wanna jinx it ) to me it's not really a big deal whether there's 3 more or less stickers, maybe they were out of stickers or for a manufacturing run didn't plan for stickers, who knows..
2016-5-26
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

well, u r just one unlucky guy! I do hate when this happens, and I do feel your pain! Hope you get something u like... Yuneec drones seem pretty good too.
2016-5-26
Use props
soundbyte58
lvl.2
Flight distance : 300761 ft
Canada

A company with awesome quality control does not exist. It does not matter what they sell or how they try to avoid mistakes, they happen. There will always be someone that purchased a lemon, it's just a fact of life. That being said, I wish you luck in your quest.
2016-5-26
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

It looks like crap...
2016-5-26
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534970 ft
Australia

hansalbin56@hot Posted at 2016-5-26 22:22
Totally agree but after reading of all the issues here, there's no way I'm going to jump on the 14 ...

I have a Thought/Suggestion..., why not get the P3P instead of the P4 or the Xiaomwhateveritscalled.

I fly my P3P almost every day, it's a proven platform with most kinks been ironed out. I've flown with the P4, but find myself returning to the P3 again and again, as its now a reliable/rock steady platform....., also  its available at a Great price new.!
2016-5-26
Use props
hansalbin56
Banned

2016-5-26
Use props
sorka95032
lvl.2
Flight distance : 782582 ft
United States

I bought a P3P because the P4 came out and made it so I could pick up a P3P for almost half of what the P4 costs.
2016-5-26
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

More like a cheap white Solo to me.
2016-5-26
Use props
Viewfinder
lvl.1
Flight distance : 397 ft
United Kingdom

dji-p3p1 Posted at 2016-5-27 03:02
I have a Thought/Suggestion..., why not get the P3P instead of the P4 or the Xiaomwhateveritscalled ...

Well you're the lucky one.
See this thread about P3 problems: http://forum.dji.com/thread-51074-1-1.html
2016-5-26
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Every product will have issues.. if you dwell on others unluckiness all the time, you will never move forwards.. Its a very complex flying machine but it's also a toy built to toy standards and as such some QC will always creep in.

hell, my wife had four iPhone 6s+ in a row that did not work properly direct from Apple ( not charging, dead touch spots on screen, scratched and not charging again ) before she got one that worked OK. And I am sure Apple put a hell of a lot more money into QC that DJI can afford. Will that make her not buy Apple in the future, no.

It's damn annoying as hell to get something that does not work as it should but life it too short to dwell over it. Get it replaced or a refund and move on whichever feels best. Just be careful of thinking  jumping brand fixes the issue.. Look at the Solo and now the Yuneec Typhoon H
2016-5-26
Use props
usarfireman
lvl.4
United Kingdom

sploodge Posted at 2016-5-27 08:25
Every product will have issues.. if you dwell on others unluckiness all the time, you will never mov ...

Will be getting another P4 as i said really did enjoy my one flight, features are great actual look and feel of the machine was superb, even the transport box it came in great idea, I have been looking for a couple of years for which drone to get looked at Parrot AR and Bebop 1 - 2  and other ones but DJI seems to be the one upping the game regularly with new models and features.  
Will get it from Apple again as I get a great discount.
2016-5-27
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

We have been hearing the previously used appearance from the Apple store Phantoms for a while now. As far as the UV Filter goes, it will come off. Do nor apply any pressure and just rock the filter a bit.

Order one from DJI or a reputable Dealer.

The Phantom 4 is a fantastic machine. Don't miss it.
2016-5-27
Use props
Ricardo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

sploodge Posted at 2016-5-27 15:25
Every product will have issues.. if you dwell on others unluckiness all the time, you will never mov ...

Well spoken splooge! There is always going to be something manufactured that is not perfect. And that is why competition makes companies stronger, and hopefully better. Some companies, like you say can afford more for QC than others, and I'm sure they have to make a business decision about the product and how many failures they have and how to handle it. It is no different than different types of automobiles. Some are die-hard fans of one or the other. The other thing is that when they get a good product like the P3,P3A, and P3P.....the demand does go up and now they are trying to meet the demands of the buyers, which makes them ramp up and when that happens sometimes there can be quality issues. I have been associated with manufacturing a long time and can relate to those issues. I think DJI has a very good product and it looks like they might be struggling with the P4 (I do not have one), but I think they will get it figured out. If you like the products DJI makes, try to be patient. If not, nobody is keeping you from buying another brand. I am going to stick with DJI, but like a lot of you I will wait a bit before considering upgrading to another platform. I currently have a P3A and it has been trouble-free for me and I have never had any regrets about buying it. You just have to look at what all the manufacturers have to offer I guess and decide what is right for you at the time...price, technology, etc.
2016-5-27
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Australia

sploodge Posted at 2016-5-27 15:25

With you on this sploodge.!  Well said.
2016-5-27
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Australia

Viewfinder Posted at 2016-5-27 15:05
Well you're the lucky one.
See this thread about P3 problems: http://forum.dji.com/thread-51074-1- ...

I'm NOT Lucky....! Luck has Nothing to do with it buddy...., I call it being Sensible and Astute when being presented with choices. - I.e. having or showing an ability to accurately assess situations And turn this to one's advantage.

There is a VERY GOOD reason for having been extremely selective on my decision whether to follow an upgrade path or not.
The Go App on my IPad is still Ver 2.4.3, my aircraft is on Ver 1.6.4 and my RC is on Ver 1.5.7 - I have found this to be the Best Stable versions of FW for my needs, and I have not yet been presented with an upgrade that provides any feature/s or bug fix that I really want or need.

I thoroughly research each firmware release, never jump with closed eyes to blindly update without knowing exactly what an upgrade contains and what how the HW will work on it. And unless an update provides functionality or fixes that I really want/need, I wait before upgrading just in case issues are found in-field.

It boggles my mind to think how many people jump to an upgrade when one is made available (without proper release notes) without thinking. I agree that this should not be the case, and DJI should maintain detailed release notes, including known issues and thorough testing for any sw/fw made available (Standard Practise for any mature company that follows proper SDLC).

So for now I remain Sceptical............And as you say "Lucky!"

2016-5-27
Use props
cwhobbies
lvl.3

United States

dji-p3p1 Posted at 2016-5-27 10:42
I'm NOT Lucky....! Luck has Nothin to do with it buddy...., I call it being Sensible and Astute whe ...

I agree.
I preordered from dji, got my drone, updated everything, it all works good, and haven't upgraded anything since, and i'm glad seeing how everybody's having problems!! It's Crazy
2016-5-27
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

I would hate to be without my Phantom 4 and looking for the perfect one. I would even take one without the stickers if it worked right. Mine makes the gimbal noise sometimes. It does not affect operation at all so I don't care. I think some folks are being way too picky. Hoping for a firmware fix for the gimbal pitch and altitude drop issues though.
2016-5-27
Use props
usarfireman
lvl.4
United Kingdom

grangerfx@gmail Posted at 2016-5-27 18:27
I would hate to be without my Phantom 4 and looking for the perfect one. I would even take one witho ...

if everyone accepted what they got given then nothing would be done to improve the products so sorry if i'm "picky" I will get another one I will test it in store again! and if it's not right i will return it again! Not everyone just just takes what their given especially at over a grand in price.
2016-5-27
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
United States

Get a P3 ;) Seriously, i think being somewhat picky is good, then too picky is bad, but it's hard not to be too picky as the price point goes up.. if you pay well over $1k, u want what you paid for.. not some "crap".... so it's a double-edged-sword.....
2016-5-27
Use props
Viewfinder
lvl.1
United Kingdom

dji-p3p1 Posted at 2016-5-27 15:42
I'm NOT Lucky....! Luck has Nothing to do with it buddy...., I call it being Sensible and Astute wh ...

I am jealous!
How do you prevent DJI from forcing upgrades on you? When I turn on the app and it knows there is an upgrade it won't let me fly the aircraft until I have upgraded. That has been where my problems have come from. I would love to do what you have done, find a stable set of upgrades (app, RC, and aircraft) and then leave everything alone. Please - how do I do this?
2016-5-27
Use props
vu.q.le
Banned

2016-5-27
Use props
vu.q.le
Banned

2016-5-27
Use props
vu.q.le
Banned

2016-5-27
Use props
vu.q.le
Banned

2016-5-27
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Viewfinder Posted at 2016-5-28 06:33
I am jealous!
How do you prevent DJI from forcing upgrades on you? When I turn on the app and it k ...

"How do you prevent DJI from forcing upgrades on you? When I turn on the app and it knows there is an upgrade it won't let me fly the aircraft until I have upgraded. "

DJI don't force updates.
If you have auto updates enabled in your tablet settings, your tablet will  auto update.
Switch that off and you get to chooses what you want to update.
And your Phantom won't prevent you from flying with last year's firmware - you just think it will.
2016-5-27
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

vu.q.le@outlook Posted at 2016-5-28 05:15
Speaking like a true dji fanboy....oops I mean customer

Didn't say i am a DJI Fanboy, however currently I believe DJI currently offers the best consumer drones at this time, i do regularly fly a 3DR Solo as well as several RC Helicopters that are not DJI.
You likely have no experience with either or so please do not speak from a point of no knowledge.

2016-5-27
Use props
vu.q.le
Banned

United States

2016-5-27
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
United States

I almost got chroma, did not because dji range and some other functions looked better.. i bet i would not be unhappy either way.. but i would not be worry free either, either way.. that's life...
I am looking forward for more good copters on the market, it will keep the prices of good stuff down, but i hope there will not be too many bad ones, or the hobby will keep getting bad
rep... I hope many come out to be good and better with every revision! Including DJI!
2016-5-27
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

vu.q.le@outlook Posted at 2016-5-28 09:55
Oh well! If you fly a  3DR Solo, don't even bother giving any advice. The Solo is a joke. It's funn ...

Please... Go get a life, Bragging lol
2016-5-27
Use props
hansalbin56
Banned

United States

2016-5-27
Use props
Viewfinder
lvl.1
United Kingdom

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-5-27 23:24
"How do you prevent DJI from forcing upgrades on you? When I turn on the app and it knows there is ...

Thanks for that. Obvious really. I have disabled automatic updates to my device (Android) in the Google Playstore and I hope that will do the trick.
I have got my P3A operational again using Android 4.3, DJI Go v. 2.6.0, airframe v1.8.80, and RC 1.6.0 - if that combination remains stable I'll stop there and not do any more upgrades. I might get a new Android device just for flying the P3A and disable all outside connectivity to make sure it stays stable. I did wonder if doing this would affect the value of the machine but I doubt second hand DJIs have much value anyway so probably better to get it stable, stay with what works, and call it a day when I can't get replacement batteries.
2016-5-29
Use props
usarfireman
lvl.4
United Kingdom

After 3 P4's retuned (well one returned and two never made it out of the Apple Store) finally have one that has no gimbal noise and able to get UV filter off not that I need it at the moment, with the dull weather.
Really happy with it and getting half price battery from DJI after finding link on another forum a plus. http://store.dji.com/phantom-4-apple/
2016-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules