Phantom 3 Professional Firmware Update Problems HELP!!!!!!!!
5941 4 2016-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kurtmmew
New

United States

Alright guys I am having some serious issues updated my RC. I have updated the drone with no problems. It was a complete success. I am having problems updating the controller though. I was using the drone a few weeks ago and everything was working perfect and then it prompted me for an update. I brought it inside and went on to update it. Like i said the Drone updated perfect but the RC will not. I have tried any way possible i think. I have read the forums and watched a ton of videos with no success. When i take the micro sd out of the back of the RC and plug it back into the computer it tells me that the update i am trying to put on it is either the one that is already on it or an older version. Then when i plug it into my phone it tells me that the RC needs updating. Below is a video of the problems i am having. I have also tried to delete the app and reinstall it maybe 10 times and i have tried this on other devices with the same results.

2016-5-26
Use props
stephenvaudin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814232 ft
Falkland Islands

Patience is what I found was needed. I updated my Advanced and for the life of me couldn't update the remote.
In the end I held on the tutorial hat on main screen a few seconds. Then a menu pops up. I downgraded to the firmware listed. And then the app prompted me to upgrade remote.
It appears you need to keep app open a while. This is where the patience comes in. I was closing it and restarting remote and phantom and app. I figure it needs time to check versions available.
2016-5-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm sorry, was running out so could not watch the whole video.
I can tell you that you are doing it incorrectly, the aircraft is updated with the BIN file BUT the RC is update thought the GO app.
In the overall status page (make sure the device is connected to the internet), it should say RC requires update.
Then it tells you to go to the home page and download the 1.6 RC update.
2016-5-27
Use props
magic427
New

Had the same problems collectively spent 24 hrs or more trying everything just like you. What finally worked for me. I downloaded the earliest up date, dated 2015-08-04 version 3.20, use Micro SD card in USB, normal up date, then you will be able to upload the latest version from dji go app.
2016-5-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It's hard to tell from your video what firmware is currently on your RC. If you have firmware that is older than 1.3.20 (this applies to both P3 Pros, P3 Adv and the Inspire), then you would need to update the RC to that firmware via the USB Adapter. Make sure that the SD card is clear of any other .Bin files.

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3-pro/info#downloads

Once you are updated to that, then you can update through the DJI Go app when the RC is connected to the RC. Here is a video on how to upgrade the RC firmware via the DJI Go app:

After that, you should be good to go.
2016-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules