Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
IOS (Apple devices) DJI GO 2.8.2, NOW RESOLVED
123Next >
9383 80 2016-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am just trying to get to grips with any problems that appear to have been caused with the introduction of IOS DJI GO 2.8.2. Also what proportion of those that have had problems have passed evidence to DJI. The moderators complain at times (and perhaps rightly so) that people complain, but do not give them the evidence they need to pass to their R&D people to investigate.

Edit:- the problem that seems quite common is major artifacts or banding on the screen with the screen going completely blank for a second or two and a 'weak signal' red highlighted warning at top of screen. This appears at short range and to me was not apparent in version 2.8.1.

Edit 2: -I noticed that after I turn off "Enable Hardware Decoding", close down DJI GO 2.8.2, and then restart it that the blank screen and 'weak signal' message have disappeared, or at the very least significant improvement. Can somebody please check if they have it switched on (hardware decode would be a natural choice if available), if switched on please try switching off then close down DJI GO, and then restart it. Do you notice any improvement ?

I switch it back on again (hardware decoding enabled) and notice problems, these continue after I switch off until I close down and restart the App'.

EDIT 3:- I switched back to 2.8.1 using the 'Charles Web Debugger', which took a bit of head scratching but got there. If the App' downloads too fast then you just need to delete it to enable further downloads as required. And I used third from bottom choice "integer>817278603</integer>" which restored 2.8.1.

Single SelectVote, Total 161 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2016-5-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Does already having a trouble free drone count? Hahaha ;-)

Then the answer is still no, I have not used it and had any problems.
Or is it Yes, I have used it without any problems?

Nothing to report except it's always and all ways good here. But you likely knew that.

RedHotPoker
2016-5-27
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-5-28 00:03

Then the answer is still no, I have not  ...

So that's one "not used"

Now can I edit poll ???
2016-5-27
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-5-28 00:03

Then the answer is still no, I have not  ...

Edit success, now you can vote with confidence
2016-5-27
Use props
jwt873
First Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

I was actually thinking of posting a poll on the subject, but you beat me to it
2016-5-27
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jwt873@gmail.co Posted at 2016-5-28 00:26
I was actually thinking of posting a poll on the subject, but you beat me to it

And another poster beat me to it in the discussions section, but I have slightly different questions so will let run.
2016-5-27
Use props
digdat0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11896378 ft
United States

The folks who say they had problems should post a short description.
2016-5-27
Use props
Phantomski
Captain
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Wanna add on IOS? I do not think it's out on Android yet...  Let's be specific!
2016-5-27
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Phantomski Posted at 2016-5-28 05:29
Wanna add on IOS? I do not think it's out on Android yet...  Let's be specific!

Now done, I had assumed that because it was not available on Android, that nobody would be able to use it on Android device
2016-5-28
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I noticed that after I turn off "Enable Hardware Decoding", close down DJI GO 2.8.2, and then restart it that the blank screen and 'weak signal' message have disappeared, or at the very least significant improvement. Can somebody please check if they have it switched on (hardware decode would be a natural choice if available), if switched on please try switching off then close down DJI GO, and then restart it. Do you notice any improvement ?

I switch it back on again and notice problems, these continue after I switch off until I close down and restart the App'.
2016-5-28
Use props
Grimson
New
Flight distance : 92575 ft
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2016-5-28 13:00
I noticed that after I turn off "Enable Hardware Decoding", close down DJI GO 2.8.2, and then restar ...

I replied in the other topic but will here also.

Switching off Hardware Decoding and restarting the app has helped me, it isn't perfect like 2.8.1 was, still getting some artifacting and the odd signal error but it is way better than it was with Hardware Decoding on.
2016-5-28
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Grimson Posted at 2016-5-28 16:31
I replied in the other topic but will here also.

Switching off Hardware Decoding and restarting t ...

Thanks for the reply. That's exactly what I'm seeing. I'm hoping it might be usable (wont get a chance to fly for a day or two). At least until a proper fix is produced by DJI.
2016-5-28
Use props
qba73
lvl.3
Flight distance : 496847 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kudos Aardvark for the poll, great idea..
2016-5-28
Use props
jipock
lvl.1

United States

I have updated the DJI GO app and experienced the same issues. I will turn off hardware decoding and see what happens.
2016-5-28
Use props
vandruten
lvl.4

Indonesia

Good idea, bud!
2016-5-28
Use props
Iiikabiii
lvl.1

United States

Seems people are having success downgrading the go app through that lengthy process
2016-5-28
Use props
tnhwyman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 347697 ft
United States

I voted no problem. By the time I got a battery charged it was major dark thirty around here, so there wasn't much urge to push out any distance. I thought the Live Facebook feed was pretty neat however.
2016-5-28
Use props
johnchao411
Second Officer
Flight distance : 45364 ft
Taiwan

Aardvark Posted at 2016-5-28 20:00
I noticed that after I turn off "Enable Hardware Decoding", close down DJI GO 2.8.2, and then restar ...

It really works for me or at least being much better, thanks a lot!!
2016-5-28
Use props
mavs88
Captain
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Coming home from some flights yesterday I also put OFF this hardware decoding... but today is a bad day to fly... hmmm pity... so I can't check...
My bigger concern, however, is the problem that the Phantom 4 is not holding it's altitude after a stop at a position I'd like it to stop for a photo... it keeps jo-joing for a while... strange... I already mentioned this and reported that it also was the case after a 2nd or 3rd firmware update with my Phantom 3Pro... then with the next firmware (!) update the Phantom P3P was steady as a rock... so Mr. and Mrs DJI... some work to do... we'll be happy when you solve these problems! Thanks in advance! Max
2016-5-29
Use props
hungdang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have rollback the DJI Go app back to 2.8.1 and it works perfect again
2016-5-29
Use props
ernestfeist
lvl.1
Flight distance : 665741 ft

Thank you for taking the time to start this poll.  I'm sure DJI will find it useful to evaluate the scope of the problem.
2016-5-29
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Still not completely happy with my 'work around' ('work arounds' never seem to work long term) I went with the link that Sploodge posted in the main thread regarding the 2.8.2 problem. And have now managed to roll back to 2.8.1 on both my IOS devices. It's left me with a bit less hair than I had two days ago, but finally resolved for me, at least until the next upgrade
2016-5-29
Use props
pcebola
lvl.1

Hi everyone!
I was with the same problem.

I decided to make the downgrade to the previous version (2.8.1)
I've done the test and everything is working very well.
2016-5-29
Use props
jameswarden
lvl.1

United Kingdom

ive downgraded my DJI Go app to 2.8.1 but now im able to connect to the aircraft in app. On the start screen it displays the Phantom 3, so i have to select the P4 and then after entering the camera it says the gimbal is disconnected?
2016-5-29
Use props
stevedunk
lvl.1

United States

How did you downgrade to 2.8.1 ?
2016-5-29
Use props
jameswarden
lvl.1

United Kingdom

stevedunk Posted at 2016-5-29 22:17
How did you downgrade to 2.8.1 ?

I used an old icloud backup on my ipad
2016-5-29
Use props
Iiikabiii
lvl.1

United States

I used this tutorial to rollback 2.8.1

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2015/12/25/how-to-download-older-versions-of-ios-apps/
2016-5-29
Use props
stevedunk
lvl.1

United States

Ok thank you. Way to difficult for me. Guess I'm grounded unless you can email an app as attachment. :/
2016-5-29
Use props
Iiikabiii
lvl.1

United States

Its really not hard. I just went to the site and downloaded the windows version and watched the video. When the guy in the video did something i paused it. Took like 10 mins.
2016-5-29
Use props
stevedunk
lvl.1

United States

Success in P3p using iPad mini. Adjust HD setting to channel 13 under custom setting. Have camera back again. All working well. Make sure you update fw to latest update.
2016-5-29
Use props
stevedunk
lvl.1

United States

All using 2.8.2 go app!
2016-5-29
Use props
stevedunk
lvl.1

United States

Works on my iPad mini. Android pad. Also make sure you update your RC controller.
2016-5-29
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

stevedunk Posted at 2016-5-30 01:22
Success in P3p using iPad mini. Adjust HD setting to channel 13 under custom setting. Have camera ba ...

You may have noticed this is the Phantom 4 section of the forum. I'm not sure if the P3's are suffering the same problems after the 2.8.2, but a significant amount of P4s have problems. These problems have completely disappeared after I rolled back to DJI GO 2.8.1.

All firmwares were/are at the latest versions.

Edit :- I re-read your post and saw that you custom switched to channel 13 (hopefully you wont hit interferance on this channel) as a work around. In Europe (or certainly UK) we do not have that custom option available (ghosted out) without changing location to US on our devices, not a long term sollution really.
2016-5-30
Use props
husstodd
lvl.1

United States

stevedunk Posted at 2016-5-29 20:22
Success in P3p using iPad mini. Adjust HD setting to channel 13 under custom setting. Have camera ba ...

P4 - doesn't allow me to go to Custom and select Ch 13.  Clicks immediately back to Auto
2016-5-30
Use props
stevedunk
lvl.1

United States

Oh sorry. Yes many of the p3s experiencing this problem also.
2016-5-30
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

stevedunk Posted at 2016-5-30 13:55
Oh sorry. Yes many of the p3s experiencing this problem also.

Ah, OK, thanks for the update. On hindsight my questions in the poll are maybe not best worded.
2016-5-30
Use props
kylekc239
lvl.1

I understand that we need to report issues to DJI so they can fix them.  How are they supposed to know what is going on right?  Well....how about they go outside and turn the P4 on, open their iPhone with the new 2.8.2 software...and try to fly it.  The issue will become quite obvious REAL quick.  My god, how can SO many people be having the exact same problem and yet DJI asks....so tell us what is it doing.  Serious?  Turn it on!  Try to fly it!  I can't imagine that the signals in the air is that much better around DJI headquarters than it is everywhere else in the world.
2016-5-30
Use props
jipock
lvl.1

United States

I would be terribly appreciative if someone were to post a link to a dropbox or other cloud share containing the DJI GO 2.8.1.ipa file.. I updated my iphone 6 plus and then emptied the trash before realizing how bad 2.8.2 really is...
2016-5-30
Use props
stalked-buddha
Banned

Greece

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-5-30
Use props
stalked-buddha
Banned

Greece

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield