2310 15 2016-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Captain Salty
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15233940 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Having issues with the amount of play in the CW 1345T props as shown above. Have tried multiple sets, all have the same issue. Issue not present on CCW props.

Causes a loud rattling noise in flight.

Please advise.

Thanks

2016-5-27
Use props
leanlinao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1495906 ft
Philippines

Mine has the same issue

The reason for this is the hole on the red pro is a little too big, you can make the gap disappear by making the mounting hub thicker by putting tape on it.
2016-5-27
Use props
leanlinao
lvl.4
Philippines

This issue causes slight inefficiency but you can do that if you want.
2016-5-27
Use props
Captain Salty
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15233940 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Thanks, I put a little clear tape on the hubs and there is no play.

Are DJI aware of this? Any changes to manufacturing procedure for these parts?
2016-5-29
Use props
leanlinao
lvl.4
Philippines

Captain Salty Posted at 2016-5-30 10:12
Thanks, I put a little clear tape on the hubs and there is no play.

Are DJI aware of this? Any cha ...

I don't know if they changed manufacturing but they sure know about it. It's not something that can cause a crash but it is a slight issue.
2016-5-29
Use props
ericmowrey
New

I'm thinking htat very issue caused mine to crash, was instant failure ... no chance to recover .. prop and lock flew off in mid flight
2016-5-30
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

-Is this only one prop and hub on your Inspire? Is this a new one or how many flights do you have on this prop set?  Maybe you got a bad prop set?

I have not seen this before, my props all have about the same feel to them and are tight on the hub (slight play).

Rich
2016-5-30
Use props
leanlinao
lvl.4
Philippines

ericmowrey Posted at 2016-5-31 01:00
I'm thinking htat very issue caused mine to crash, was instant failure ... no chance to recover .. p ...

This is the latest prop 1345T, if you lost your prop system then it must have unscrewed the 2 screws on the hub.
2016-5-30
Use props
leanlinao
lvl.4
Philippines

ericmowrey Posted at 2016-5-31 01:00
I'm thinking htat very issue caused mine to crash, was instant failure ... no chance to recover .. p ...

This doesn't have a lock clip with it.

But if you do have the 1345T and both prop hub and propeller came off then loose screws is the only cause.

2016-5-30
Use props
leanlinao
lvl.4
Philippines

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-5-31 09:03
-Is this only one prop and hub on your Inspire? Is this a new one or how many flights do you have on ...

All of them have slight play.. it only gets tight if you have a prop hub a little higher than usual which is caused by the assembly of the metal piece under the prop hub and I think this can scratch your motor's paint.

The hole on the propeller is bigger than the hub's mount so the solution is to put tape on the hub's mount.
2016-5-30
Use props
BManCan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2085810 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I upgraded to the 1345T props on my Inspire 1 and have exactly the same issue (slight wobble) with the red props.  The white props seem to be a tighter fit and do not have any slop when secured.  It would be nice if DJI would comment on this issue to let us know if there is any concern.
2016-7-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

That little bit of play can be normal and ultimately does not affect the performance of the unit. What you would want to mainly focus on is ensuring that the screws that attach the propeller mounts are secure periodically, especially if you are a frequent flyer.
2016-7-21
Use props
Lidar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9590 ft
United States

While I'm not having the issue with the red props being too loose, I'm certainly having an issue with the white ones being too tight. They've gotten progressively tighter. The red ones are fine, but the white ones are almost impossible to remove without a pair of pliers. Any suggestions?
2017-1-2
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Lidar Posted at 2017-1-2 08:10
While I'm not having the issue with the red props being too loose, I'm certainly having an issue with the white ones being too tight. They've gotten progressively tighter. The red ones are fine, but the white ones are almost impossible to remove without a pair of pliers. Any suggestions?

And Lidar you have the 1345T Props and locks correct ?  These are the best in my Opinion .  Be sure that you are pressing the Props firmly into the oblong fitting , then while placing firm  pressure down, you turn the locks, and make sure they are snug against the base of the prop .  I find it strange that 2 fit and 2 are tight .  Are the props you have from DJI ?  they could be out of tolerance if not.

I would replace these props and or locks, something sounds wrong and could snap in flight , can you take some pics as well ?  

I replace my props and locks every couple of months, the locks are inexpensive insurance and the only thing I have seen snap and cause a crash  .

Make sure you do that sooner than later, something sounds out of sorts for sure , better to play  it safe .

donnie
2017-1-2
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lidar Posted at 2017-1-2 08:10

The first thing I would suggest is to inspect the motor hubs for damage. Dirt and debris inside the mechanical parts could lead to binding surfaces. (bug guts and sand).  You should not need pliers to remove the props!
To be safe, these prop hubs should be replaced right away. I would remove and replace all of the prop hub assemblies with new parts.
DJI recommends every 200 flights or so, but I inspect these parts everytime I fly..... looking for ware and tare.  These parts are what I would consider as consumables and should be replaced regularly as needed.
Rich
IMG_7911.JPG
2017-1-2
Use props
Lidar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9590 ft
United States

I'm using the newest version of locks and DJI factory props. I only have 27 flights on this set and only the white ones are tight. It is a similar symptom others are experiencing with the red ones being loose. I've tried different sets of white props also. I have 4 sets. The hubs are tight with the hex screws.
2017-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules