My Flight Today - The Expected, The Bad and The Good
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
knobbydave
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18504 ft
United Kingdom

Hello Peeps

P3S, Firmware 1.6.80, DJI GO 2.8.2, Litchi 1.7.0, No modifications, plenty of previous flights

The Expected: Firmware updated several flights ago DJI GO 2.8.2 set up yesterday. Went to a local Country Park (Chasewater Reservoir if you're in the UK) to fly a mission set up previously in Litchi. Waited for warm up, did pre flight checks in GO, set RTH, Not in beginner mode etc. all fine and as expected. Hovered, Landed, closed GO. Loaded up the mission in Litchi and adjusted a couple of waypoints to allow for Google Maps. Took off again, hovered, sent waypoints to Litchi and was just about to point the gimbal down slightly when this geezer appeared just as I pressed start the mission

The Bad: This geezer started having a go at me just as I heard the words 'Disconnected' from my iPhone. I have to say it was not totally unexpected but I was only at about 100 feet up and 50 feet away but hey ho, not going to complain here there are plenty of other threads moaning about that and I'm sure it will be fixed (but not over night). Well this wank stain began telling me I was on private land (I wasn't) and I shouldn't be doing it. I replied 'good morning'. He then told me I should contact the local Council for permission (tosser). I politely asked him who I should contact in the council and which bit of the CAA they governed. Obviously no answer to that one. All this time thie Litchi woman is shouting at me telling me she was disconnected and I had no idea where my baby had gone.

The Good: I didn't panic. I thought I could hear my baby but had no idea where she was as there was no video and the controller had become disconnected. I knew the route she should be flying and how long the flight should have been so I estimated where she should be and waited and yaaaaay, just as planned she came back - thank you Litchi

The Good: After I'd landed this really scabby bloke with his hard dog came up to me and said 'Is that one of them drone things? Does it have a camera and stuff' I said yeah 'Cooooooool' was his reply. I made sure he was clear and I took off and hovered for him. I held his dog (who was gorgeous and soft as hell) and I let him have his first fly. He was really grateful. What a contrast

The Good: I never did adjust the gimbal so I will have to go back again and fly the same mission. Maybe I will meet the second guy and his dog again

Not much of a thread, but I feel better for telling you all. That first bloke really got up my nose
2016-5-28
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have close to 300 flights under my belt. I have never had a bad encounter with someone having any problem with me flying my P3P. In fact, the problem I have 9not really a problem) is people are so intrigued with the Phantom a crowd will gather to watch and ask a bunch of questions.
2016-5-28
Use props
michaelfinney_h
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I agree that the vast majority of people are very positive when they see a drone. I go by the tone of voice. If their tone is cautious/aggressive they usually ask if it has a camera. I just say NO and it avoids problems.
2016-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules