Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
"Falling over" on roll axis
1011 10 2016-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jamiemullner
lvl.1

Switzerland

I have had various issues with my Ronin over the last year or so and I am pretty much at the end of my tether. My main reason for getting it working now is so I can sell it. DJI, you are one of the worst companies I have ever had to deal with which is appauling considering how popular your products are now.

When I first purchased the Ronin it was used on a few shoots and was very successfully with few issues. The first time I did a firmware update was when the issues began. Since then I have used the Ronin on two shoots, one of which it completely ruined, which was very embarrassing. Now it sits and gathers dust as I can't even get it to work for long enough to even begin to start thinking about taking it on a shoot. I have tried to downgrade the firmware at one point but this didn't seem to solve the problem, and the "technician" I was speaking to on Skype was of no help at all. In fact I never recieved a reply after reporting of my continued problems after the downgrade.

In the video you can see my main problem. The camera will "fall" on its roll axis at random. Sometimes it will do this every few seconds, of course rendering it useless for shooting. I have tried every different configuration in terms of stabiltiy settings etc to no avail. I was hoping the new 3.1 imu would solve my problem but unfortunately not. Please can someone from DJI help otherwise the next stage for the Ronin is going to be the bin. I really do not want to have to send the unit to a DJI repair centre as I fear I will end up with a big bill and probably still with the same problem (if the stories I have heard about DJI repair centres are to be believed).

I am prepared to try downgrading the firmware one more time but I want someone to talk me through it and I want it to be an easy process as I have wasted far too many hours already.

Come on DJI, see if you can earn a tiny bit of my respect back and help a customer out.

Kind regards,
Jamie
Puzzle Media
2016-5-29
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello Jamie,
So, is the firmware of your Ronin the latest one (IMU 3.1)?
Before turning on the Ronin, have you balanced the camera well?
Did you activate the SmoothTrack in your settings?

More details about your settings would be helpful.

Thanks.
2016-5-29
Use props
jamiemullner
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hi Adela,

Yes the firmware is IMU 3.1 and the camera is well balanced. Smooth track is activated for pan and tilt.

Here are my settings:

What I have just noticed is that if I press "Test" on the roll smoothtrack the roll axis moves about 5 degrees and then the motor cuts. Interestingly this is about the same about of degrees the roll axis falls out of line when shooting.

Here is a video to show this:

Regards,
Jamie
Puzzle Media

2016-5-30
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

jamiemullner@ho Posted at 2016-5-30 21:00
Hi Adela,

Yes the firmware is IMU 3.1 and the camera is well balanced. Smooth track is activated fo ...

Thanks for your reply.
However, I can't see your pictures about the settings, could you please upload them again?
According to your video, we find it shows that the live data of roll axis is 100 which is way too high, could you please check if there's any obstruction in the roll motor? In addition, you've enabled the Briefcase mode, as you may know, in Briefcase mode, the remote control does not have pan or roll control of the Ronin.

Any further feedback would be appreciated.
2016-5-30
Use props
jamiemullner
lvl.1

Switzerland

The roll axis does not look obstructed and moves completely freely when the motors are off. The power reading of 100 is seen as the roll axis smoothtrack test is initiated, then the motor cuts out. I will re-upload the settings screenshots in a sec, although i can see them fine my end.
2016-5-31
Use props
jamiemullner
lvl.1

Switzerland

Settings pictures
Ronin settings IMU3.1.png
Ronin firmware versions.png
2016-5-31
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

jamiemullner@ho Posted at 2016-5-31 17:39
The roll axis does not look obstructed and moves completely freely when the motors are off. The powe ...

If the value of the axes' power is too high, it will turn to self-protection mode and cut the power automatically.
There might be something wrong with the motor. Could you please send it in for further test?

Any more details or feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks.
2016-5-31
Use props
jamiemullner
lvl.1

Switzerland

Please send details of where I should send the unit to be looked at to puzzle_media@outlook.com, if you really think this cannot be a software issue.
2016-5-31
Use props
jamiemullner
lvl.1

Switzerland

Also, I would like to try downgrading the firmware once more before sending it away.
2016-5-31
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

jamiemullner@ho Posted at 2016-5-31 19:32
Please send details of where I should send the unit to be looked at to , if you really think this ca ...

If you've decided to send it in for repair, please contact your dealer or email to support.eu@dji.com for further help.

Any further feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks.
2016-6-1
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

jamiemullner@ho Posted at 2016-5-31 20:07
Also, I would like to try downgrading the firmware once more before sending it away.

Hi,
Since you've upgraded the firmware to the latest one (IMU V3.1), it can't be downgraded again.

Thanks.
2016-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules