Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
See your P4 better at night?
123Next >
4507 82 2016-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jkeller84
First Officer
Flight distance : 396955 ft
  • >>>
United States

2016-5-29
Use props
scarper
Second Officer
Flight distance : 59272 ft
Australia

Cool review...i was writing questions to ask as the video was going on and you answered them all pretty much as i was writing them down.
Great product, but i dont know that i am ready to fly in the dark yet, I haven't gone over 500 meters in distance.......and always LOS

Good job.
2016-5-29
Use props
Jkeller84
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

scarper Posted at 2016-5-29 08:00
Cool review...i was writing questions to ask as the video was going on and you answered them all pre ...

Night flying definitely is more risky. These lights help me feel more comfortable because I can see the P4 from pretty far away. I don't fly at night often, but there is something peaceful about seeing the world around you from the air at night. It is hard to explain.
2016-5-29
Use props
vandruten
lvl.4

Indonesia

Cheers JK, you just gave me another reason why it is okay to fly at night
2016-5-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I love flying at night, and find the stock LED diodes are plenty bright enough for my needs.
But I think those Lume Cube LED are pretty cool.  I also like how the 3D printed mounts, attach to our drones landing gear.
Thanks for the introduction. ;-)

RedHotPoker

2016-5-29
Use props
Jkeller84
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-5-29 17:03
I love flying at night, and find the stock LED diodes are plenty bright enough for my needs.
But I t ...

Thanks for watching! I like these lights because of their versatility beyond the Phantom. Great, durable lights for photography with the bonus that they can quickly snap on and off of the P3 and P4.
2016-5-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I can see how they would be handy for extra small side or back fill lighting for our regular digital photography.
You never mentioned what that second button is used for, perhaps a strobe light. I have a small LED that can be used with its steady light or strobe function.
What about the charging of them tiny cubes, you were going to demonstrate that later feature, you said? ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-5-29
Use props
Kneepuck
Captain
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

I am contemplating sending my Standard on a night flight,  after dousing it with gasoline and igniting it.  Should be pretty visible, and I will make my Advanced watch it happen,  as an object lesson.  Just in case.
2016-5-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

"Cruel to be kind, in the right measure"... ;-)
"Come On Baby, light my fire" hahaha
"Burnin' down the house" be careful with that...
Please post the video, please?!! Eh...

RedHotPoker

2016-5-29
Use props
Jkeller84
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-5-29 17:48
I can see how they would be handy for extra small side or back fill lighting for our regular digital ...

Yes they are great for backlighting as they also serve as an optical slave flash. The other button toggles between flash modes, I forgot to mention that. The little cover is a waterproof plug that houses the charging port. Takes about an hour to fully charge from 0% and these will last about an hour and a half on full charge.
2016-5-29
Use props
Jkeller84
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-5-29 17:49
I am contemplating sending my Standard on a night flight,  after dousing it with gasoline and igniti ...

I agree, please record this and share lol!
2016-5-29
Use props
Phantomski
Captain
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Looking forward to the P3S on gas.. I mean fire ;)
I like the idea of the lights, vbut anymore u can use many LED products, but these do look pretty good.
2016-5-29
Use props
husstodd
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for sharing the review.  Def going to get a pair of those.

Question - how did you make your real cool logo of JK Aerial Photography?  Would like to do something similar but have no idea how.
2016-5-30
Use props
Jkeller84
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

husstodd@gmail. Posted at 2016-5-30 07:05
Thanks for sharing the review.  Def going to get a pair of those.

Question - how did you make your  ...

Thanks for watching!

I designed that logo as a 2D image in Adobe Illustrator and I 3D modeled it in Blender.
2016-5-30
Use props
Sam999
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20856 ft
Greece

Thanks for sharing was looking for lights for my p4
2016-5-30
Use props
Jkeller84
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sam999 Posted at 2016-5-30 11:57
Thanks for sharing was looking for lights for my p4

no problem! Thanks for watching
2016-5-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Funny how many times I have shared or watched that video, and never realized it was you. Haha
Anyway, I did order my Lume Cube Phantom 3 drone kit and it arrived here in Edmonton Alta., from San Diego Ca., the very next day. My own Lume Cube thread resides here:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-60034-1-3.html
Yes, they are very high quality, great design and extremely tight fit and fine finish. Really awesome.
I'm glad too, that we are granted the opportunity to share and discuss our likes about these awesome products, on a public forum.

I would happily and strongly recommend Lume Cubes as an alternative to natural lighting. They are a blast of clean light, where and when you need it.

RedHotPoker

2016-8-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hey JKeller84 thanks for that, it's on my wish list be nice if they did them in white , but I guess they will be a good match for my Osmo, cheers
2016-8-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Visit the website, they have greyish, black and gun metal grey.
Yeah, Those gun metal grey bad boys are what I chose, with the blue and white brackets... ;-)
Yes, lighter colored Lume Cubes are available. Ha
http://www.lumecube.com/164.html

RedHotPoker

2016-8-9
Use props
Jkeller84
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-8-9 10:29
Hey JKeller84 thanks for that, it's on my wish list be nice if they did them in white , but I guess  ...

Thanks for watching! And yes, as RHP pointed out, there are other colors available. Love my Lume Cubes.
2016-8-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Love mine as well, yes Me too!! ;-)
You know, they truly live up to their hype. No wonder their Kickstarter program far exceeded its original goal.
I see by early videos that they have had a few iterations. I am happy they dropped the rubber sleeve and opted for this fine metallic body.
When the add ons, are released next month, it will be an even more appealing option for variety in creative light to your photography and video needs.

RedHotPoker
2016-8-11
Use props
Jkeller84
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-8-11 08:11
Love mine as well, yes Me too!! ;-)
You know, they truly live up to their hype. No wonder their Kick ...

For sure. I use mine for everything. Use them just last week for some underwater video work with a go pro.
2016-8-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I haven't even begun to see the full potential uses for these, in my photography, drone or DSLR. Not sure if this following situation has affected your cube use.
Even though connected through Bluetooth, I was having difficulty getting the control sliders to work realtime. And discovered by tapping the top right corner, Light All button, it activated the sliders for me.
I could dim, then have to turn off and on to change brightness, but that Tab, makes everything run as expected. ;-)
Loving the three strobe settings. Yeah, with red and blue filters, that will be a lot of fun. Hahaha

What are you doing underwater? Scenic Scuba diving, or perhaps some salvage with a metal detector? ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-8-11
Use props
Jkeller84
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-8-11 08:43
I haven't even begun to see the full  potentials for these, in my photography. Not sure if this foll ...

Honestly, I rarely use the app. I only use it to put them into strobe mode. For general use, I use the buttons on the top of them.

I was doing some vacation filming while in Florida and the ocean water was pretty murky. I used the Lume Cube attached to a go pro stick to get a little more visibility.
If you are bored, here is the quick edit of my vacation. The very last scene is underwater and lit by these Lume Cubes. Also, a couple of P3 shots in the middle of this one. Poorly color graded because I was trying some new LUTs, but I gave up and it looks "ok" to me.

2016-8-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Looks like some people were having plenty of Fun. ;-)  
Yeah that water was like 'pea' soup. The cube, really helped to take the underwater video...

I wonder how much extra battery time, using the strobe functions, would give? Slow down the battery depletion.

RedHotPoker
2016-8-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks to you and RedHotPoker, ordered last night and I'm out $200.
I got the P4 set and GoPro mount, can't wait to check them out.
2016-8-11
Use props
Jkeller84
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-11 09:59
Thanks to you and RedHotPoker, ordered last night and I'm out $200.
I got the P4 set and GoPro moun ...

I don't think you will be disappointed. Let us know what you think of them.
2016-8-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jkeller84 Posted at 2016-8-12 01:37
I don't think you will be disappointed. Let us know what you think of them.

Sounds good, looking forward to it.
2016-8-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Don't blame us for your happiness. Pat yourself on the back for shopping wisely, and buying high quality products.
Honestly, I would rate this on par with my Nikon D800. Build and design is superb. And the brilliant light is surprising, even on low serttings.

RedHotPoker
2016-8-11
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.4

United States

I looked on their site to see what it says if anything about flashing or strobe mode, not strobe as in slave mode, but actual pulsing flash or strobe and rate etc.
Will these lights do that?  Thinking again red/blue and pulsing.

So far I've managed my finger on the impulse buy button... not sure how long I'll be able to hold out  lol.

Found this, I imagine the app lets you control the rate?

• CONSTANT LIGHT AND FLASH MODES

2016-8-11
Use props
Jkeller84
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MicroFPV Posted at 2016-8-11 11:07
I looked on their site to see what it says if anything about flashing or strobe mode, not strobe as  ...

Yes you can control the strobe function in the app. There is a "duration" slider and putting it all the way to the right will start different strobe durations.
2016-8-11
Use props
Jkeller84
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MicroFPV Posted at 2016-8-11 11:07
I looked on their site to see what it says if anything about flashing or strobe mode, not strobe as  ...

***Duplicate***
2016-8-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I like the middle 5mgz strobe setting best.  But the faster or slower mode settings work very well too. Hahaha
So what do we know so far? Well, we can light up the night, or throw a disco dance party... Haha
Strobes on brightness Ten, are visually disorientating...

RedHotPoker
2016-8-11
Use props
Jkeller84
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-8-11 11:35
I like the middle 5mgz strobe setting best.  But the faster or slower mode settings work very well t ...

And potentially impersonate a police chopper...
2016-8-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Yeah, but that has to be tested to know fo' sho'! Ha
Wait till the gel cages gets released, likely next month. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-8-11
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.4

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-8-11 13:45
Yeah, but that has to be tested to know fo' sho'! Ha
Wait till the gel cages gets released, likely n ...

Yep that's the thing I'm liking is red/blue strobes...

I posted a ? to the mfg on site about possibly a white case since Phantoms are white, and about some colors for the lights.  Saw in your other post talk about colors.  clip-on or magnetic lenses would be great.

So who's got a tiny mirror ball  ha!
2016-8-11
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.4

United States

Having an already proofed Litchi mission would make me feel better at night I guess.
2016-8-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hey, these Lume Cubes are so darn bright, you can use a full sized mirror ball...
SaturdayNight Drone-Fever... Haha

Or not... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-8-11
Use props
Jkeller84
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-8-11 11:54
Hey, these Lume Cubes are so darn bright, you can use a full sized mirror ball...
SaturdayNight Dro ...

lol party in the sky
2016-8-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Well heck yeah. "Put on your sailin' shoes"

Time for a quick awesome tune before I evacuate the premises...

In such an elevated mood today... Thanks

RedHotPoker
2016-8-11
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules