Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal tilts during roll
647 5 2016-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChiefPilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1674354 ft
  • >>>
United States

Last week on a video shoot using my 3rd battery, my P4 gimbal tilted when rolling the aircraft left and right.  It would stay on that angle.  Also, it made a high shrill noise.  I was using the Neewer ND-16 filter made for the P4.  I then rest the aircraft for 20 minutes and it returned to normal and flew one more flight.   I use the stock DJI P4 gimbal guard and the stock props are balanced. Hence, I believe it may have overheated.  I recal'd the gimbal and IMU after the flight.  I am watching for a tendency here but this is the second camera for this unit and it was installed by DJI in April.   I have read other posts that say you should rest the P4 after 30-40 minutes of shooting.  I will watch this over time.  Attached is the link to a the video link edited with FCPX and Compressor.  Safe Flying.

LogoVerySmall.jpg

Tilting

Tilting

2016-5-29
Use props
jwt873
First Officer
Flight distance : 5946467 ft
Canada

It looks like you might have FPV mode set to 'ON'.   This mode allows the horizon to tilt in order to provide a 'pilots view' when flying FPV.  

The setting is found in the Gimbal options in the DJI Go app...

2016-5-29
Use props
jccre8n
Second Officer
Flight distance : 131716 ft
  • >>>
United States

jwt873@gmail.co Posted at 2016-5-29 09:22
It looks like you might have FPV mode set to 'ON'.   This mode allows the horizon to tilt in order t ...

Hi.  I have a Phantom 3 Pro and a Phantom 4.  FPV mode does not seem to work?  Any ideas?  I have button 2 set to change this.  Also I have tried via the gimbal settings.
2016-5-29
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23691 ft
United Kingdom

Like jwt873 said - it looks like you accidentally hit the C2 button (default operation) and triggered FPV instead of follow mode.
2016-5-29
Use props
DJI-Paladin
DJI team
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hong Kong

Hello ChiefPilot, your gimbal was probably in FPV mode at that time.
2016-5-29
Use props
ChiefPilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1674354 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-30 14:50
Hello ChiefPilot, your gimbal was probably in FPV mode at that time.

Thanks,  aviation is humbling and you learn something each time you fly.  
2016-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules