4479 12 2016-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sjwilkes1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5043 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All
i have upgrade my DJI Inspire to the newest software upgrade, today  but none of my controllers will upgrade. I put the usb in the back and absolutley nothing happens!! im still on the original software for my controllers as they will not upgrade?
My inspire is now constantly flashing yellow and my controllers will not connect to the Inspire.

Help please?

2016-5-29
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

see this step by step from project41
Firstly i was upgrading from 1.5.00.30 and there are a few things to note.

The firmware upgrade on the aircraft is done from the micro SD card.
The firmware upgrade for the transmitter is done via The Go App and NOT the micro SD card.

This  is important, also ignore what the Go App says when you turn it on, if i  had updated the transmitter following the Go app i would have been in a world of pain.

These are the steps i took.

Preperation
1. Download the firmware update from the DJI Website, extract the zip file to get the .BIN file.
2. format the micro SD card in the inspire 1 (i did it via the go app as i know this works)
3. Copy the firmware .BIN file onto the micro SD card and put it onto the root of the card.
4. Take the inspire 1 out of transport mode and fit the camera gimbal
5. Make sure your transmitter(s) and flight batteries are at least 75% chaged to be on the safe side.
6. Make sure your DJI GO App is up to date, the current version is 2.8.1
6.. TURN OFF EVERYTHING.... AIRCRAFT, TRANSMITTER and GO APP, this is the best place to start to make sure nothing goes wrong.

Inspire 1 firmware upgrade
1. Insert the micro SD card into the slot in the camera
2. Make sure your transmitter is turned off.
3. Power up the Inspire 1
This  will now go through its start up proceedure, it will sart to bleep with  4 short tones and then a pause so dddd - dddd - dddd -dddd and so on.  This is letting you know thet the firmware upgrade has started.
IMportant.....  be patient it takes time, in my case it took around 15 mins to do the  firmware upgrade, do not be tempted to power it off, the light at the  back of the inspire will flash in various colours and patterns
but ignore it.
Wait  for the tone out of the inspire to change to one long beep and two  short so d-dd  d-dd d-dd and so on, this is letting you know that the  Inspire 1 firmware upgrade is completed.

4. power down the  Inspire 1 and take out the micro SD cardand put it into your computer,  on this card you will find a .txt file, open this and confirm that the  firmware upgrade has been sucessful.
5. do not remove the firmware  .BIN file off the micro SD card, you will need this latter to upgrade  the firmware in the batteries. Better to do it now than in the field.
6. Reinsert the micro SD card in the Inspire 1 but do not power it up at the moment.
Thats the Inspire 1 upgraded.

Transmitter upgrade.
This is done from the DJI Go app.

1.turn on the transmitter and connect it to the ipad.
2. Run up the Go App and connect it to camera view.
3. Press the status bar next to the DJI logo in the top left, it will say aircraft disconnected.
4.  You will see a red triangle with transmitter firmware needs updating.  This is done via the internet so make sure you have a good wifi  connection to the internet to do this.
5. Follow the prompts to do  the firmware update, again be patient, you will know when it has updated  the firmware on the transmitter as it will tell you and you will see a  green tick on the screen.
6. Power down the transmitter, asnd back up again, power up the Inspire 1 and then the Go APP.
7. In the Go App press the general settings button (top right of the screen 3 dots.
8.  Go to the bottom of this screen and press about., this should now show  you that the aircraft and camera is on version 1.8.01.00 and the  transmitter is on 1.6.0, this is the case on my setup.

Batteries
Yep these need doing as well but you have already done one on the initial firmware upgrade of the Inspire 1.
Any additional batteries will need to be upgraded but this is straight forward if you have followed the above proceedure.
As  you still have the firmware .BIN file on the micro SD card that is in  the camera gimbal you have the files you need to do this, now you see  why it was left on there.

1. Unplug the battery in the Inspire 1 that you used to do the firmware upgrade.
2. plug in a battery that needs to be upgraded (at least 50% power)
3. Turn on the Inspire 1
4.  The inspire 1 will go into the firmware upgrade process again but this  time it will only update the battery firmware as that is detected. This  is a lot faster than before and only took me a few minutes but best to  do it in a workshop and not the field.
5. Follow the bleep tones as before for the Inspire 1 firmware update, again be patient, its so worth it in the long run.
6. Once the firmware update has been done power down the Inspire 1 and repeat for all of you batteries.

Ok  thats the firmware upgrade done in the Inspire 1, camera, batteries and  transmitter but you are not quite done yet. The final step is  important.

REMEMBER
RECALIBRATE THE IMU, GIMBAL AND TRANSMITTER before flying, this is good practice after every firmware update.
On your first flight after a Firmware update make sure that all functions  and controls work as expected and that includes landing gear and  return to home

by project41

Rich
2016-5-29
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

To supplement the detailed answer provided by Rich. If your controller has really early firmware (before 1.3.0.0), then you must download the old v1.3.0.00 firmware from the Inspire downloads page and install it using the old All-In-One USB methodology. After v1.3.00, DJI no longer packages the RC firmware along with the aircraft firmware. Instead, after 1.3.0.00, you use the GO App to upgrade your RCs...
2016-5-29
Use props
sjwilkes1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5043 ft
United Kingdom

terrylewis Posted at 2016-5-29 19:12
To supplement the detailed answer provided by Rich. If your controller has really early firmware (be ...

Guys , thanks for this advice. I have downloaded to the v1.3.0.00 file and put onto usb but when i plug into my controller it just has a red light and nothing happens.
DJI Go App is 2.82. and my inspire has update its software to the current v1.81.. The light on the Inspire is continuously flashing a yellow light and  will not connect to the two controllers? Really confused over this!!im using my apple Mac to upoad this but cannot see that that is the problem.
2016-5-30
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

sjwilkes1@hotma Posted at 2016-5-30 20:05
Guys , thanks for this advice. I have downloaded to the v1.3.0.00 file and put onto usb but when i  ...

If our Aircraft has been upgraded to v.1.8.1, then that's great! We just need to get your RC(s) upgraded. You won't need the old v1.3.0.00. It's normal for the older RC not to talk with the aircraft after upgrading to v1.8.1. That's because DJI changed the encryption, so they won't talk until we get your RC(s) upgraded.

1) Turn the Inspire Off - power it down. To upgrade the RC, we will use only the RC and your mobile device.
2) Mount the mobile device and connect the cable.
3) Power on the RC and the mobile device. Make sure the mobile device has internet connectivity (wifi or mobile data).
4) Launch the Go App. Slide the products pictures right <-> left so that you see the Inspire. Select your edition, Inspire, Pro, Raw. If the lower button reads "Camera", than tap the button to enter. If the button only provides "How to Connect", then we will go directly to step 7 below.

Camera_View

Camera_View

5) Tap Camera to enter the GO App main screen. And then tap the Aircraft Disconnected to bring up the Aircraft Status.
Main_GO_Screen.png
6) On the top line, the Aircraft Status will tell you that the RC upgrade is required. Tap it and follow the instructions to downoad, stage and upgrade your RC.
C1_FW_Upgrade.png
7) If the initial camera view page of the GO App won't let you enter the GO App, then there is still a means to upgrade the firnware.
8) In a recent upgrade to the DJI GO App, DJI has added the ability to see the RC firmware upgrade and downgrade within the GO App. You must go to the Camera View page and press on the Academy "Graduation Cap" icon in the upper right corner for at 10 seconds. This will show the RC firmware and with internet connectivity you can upgrade or downgrade RC firmware.

Hold_Academy_Button

Hold_Academy_Button

9) If you see THIS sceen, then you didn't hold the icon pressed for LONG enough.
Academy.png
10) If you held the press long enough, this screen will appear.
RC_FW_Status.png
11) The version box will allow both upgrade and downgrade.
12) This video shows the procedure

2016-5-30
Use props
marcelotorresp
New

Mexico

Does anyone have the 1.3.0.00 firmware file? i don't find it anywhere
2016-7-30
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

marcelotorresp Posted at 2016-7-30 13:55
Does anyone have the 1.3.0.00 firmware file? i don't find it anywhere

Here you go:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q76aa ... 3edwSOXaLpHBHa?dl=0
2016-7-30
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

sjwilkes1@hotma Posted at 2016-5-30 07:05
Guys , thanks for this advice. I have downloaded to the v1.3.0.00 file and put onto usb but when i  ...

Terry , this is the file I was able to get off the GO App "Logs " file .  At least this told me the URL that the Go App uses to get the file.  It just wont work . I am not sure why either .

I have tried it on my slave RC after I rolled it back to 1.6 via the go App. Then tried to load this file  directly to the RC with a Clean formatted Thumb drive .  

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/inspire_1/C1_FW_v01.07.0040.bin
I dont get any response what so ever , very strange.  Let me know what you think.  Could DJI have put a kink in the system to prevent us from doing this ?  If so I am sure gonna regeret putting it out there.

Let me know.

thanks

donnie
2016-9-10
Use props
Salty777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117077 ft
Malaysia

Dear All

Sorry to resurrect this older thread, but.....

Got my new "pre-loved" Inspire home today, full of excitement ( ) and read the manual, viewed tutorials and I have hit the same brick.... the GO app says I need to upgrade controller to 1.3.00.0, found it on the DJI site, downloaded, made sure it's the ONLY file on the thumb drive, inserted into controller and.... nothing. Just sits there with a red light and 3 white lights forever.

Does anyone have any ideas what I might be doing wrong??

Cheers
2016-11-21
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Salty777 Posted at 2016-11-21 04:56
Dear All

What does the 'About " page  on the Go app say that you are currently on ?  also I hope you update the Aircraft before you update the RC.  You will want to make sure you do that .

First off , does the system work the way it is right now ?  can you start the motors and what not ?  

If yes , then continue .  IF you have already updated the Aircraft.....If not then do that first .  Now make sure that the USB thumb drive that you are using is clean and formatted with only the 1.3 bin file on it .  If you are using a MAC you may wish to try a PC instead.  follow my tutorial on how to load SD card  with a thumb drive but you of course will want to use the 1.3 file that I will also provide here .

You are going to want to make sure that 1.3 is indeed the one that is next, if you go to the "About " page and list the RC version we can confirm this . If you are positive then continue .

In my next post #11  is the Bin file for the Transmitter only that you want .  Just load it as per the instructions I give in my tutorial here .
http://forum.dji.com/thread-47572-1-1.html

donnie

2016-11-21
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Salty777 Posted at 2016-11-21 04:56
Dear All

http://download.dji-innovations. ... _FW_V01.03.0020.bin
2016-11-21
Use props
Salty777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117077 ft
Malaysia

Thanks Donnie.

I solved it by using a different thumb drive! Weird.... both copied the exact same software, no issues.... one worked, the other didn't.

Cheers
2016-11-21
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Salty777 Posted at 2016-11-21 08:47
Thanks Donnie.

I solved it by using a different thumb drive! Weird.... both copied the exact same s ...

Ok great , glad you have it sorted.

donnie
2016-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules