Loss of Recording ability
1297 17 2016-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rogersgjuk2
New
United Kingdom

Hi,

I have a 2 month old P3S.. its on the latestes firmware and is behaving brilliantly under flight controls... however, I do loose video feed (but not control of the quad)... as I send the quad away on a mission.. I wait for the record function to kick in (does it always take about 5-10 seconds to respond with a beep?).. when its underway on a mission.. It is now loosing signal and disconecting the video recording function... the red button on the display goes white... then it comes back and I have lost the video feed... If i start again (whilst in the air) it is fine again.. but still occasionally loses connectivity..

I am only using a basic Huwawei Tab... nothing fancy... as mentioned. its on the latest firnmware.. Its not being obstructed by ANYTHING.. greenery or building wise.. no power lines.. any suggestions would be a great help..

Thanks in advance all.

Regards Gareth
2016-5-29
Use props
tytlyf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72867 ft
United States

My P3A the other day recorded a 15 minute flight but I ended up with 2 separate video files, both different sizes.  Pretty sure I never stopped the recording.
Also, the record button on the Tx is always delayed by seconds.  It has a mind of it's own.  You'd think it would be instantaneous like taking a photo.
2016-5-29
Use props
edwardcollinson
lvl.2

United Kingdom

tytlyf Posted at 2016-5-29 23:38
My P3A the other day recorded a 15 minute flight but I ended up with 2 separate video files, both di ...

Is the first of the two files ~2GB?

If so that's due to FAT32 File limitations and is perfectly normal from my experience. The phantom deals with this normally and then seamlessly starts a new file (From my experience anyway)
Unfortunately I have no idea what is wrong with Gareth's Quad. Perhaps try and reconnect the controller with the Phantom?
- Ed
2016-5-29
Use props
rogersgjuk2
New
United Kingdom

edwardcollinson Posted at 2016-5-29 23:42

If so that's due to FAT32 File limitations and is perfectly no ...

the file sizes are only at about 30 seconds to 1 min on average before they fail
2016-5-29
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

rogersgjuk2 Posted at 2016-5-30 06:48
the file sizes are only at about 30 seconds to 1 min on average before they fail

It's the size of the file that matters, not the duration of the recording.
2016-5-29
Use props
edwardcollinson
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Do you get the message "Reformatting is Suggested" in the overview in the Dji GO app?
2016-5-29
Use props
rogersgjuk2
New
United Kingdom

Not A Speck Of  Posted at 2016-5-29 23:54
It's the size of the file that matters, not the duration of the recording.

yes, i understand that just adding info..thanks
2016-5-29
Use props
rogersgjuk2
New
United Kingdom

edwardcollinson Posted at 2016-5-29 23:55
Do you get the message "Reformatting is Suggested" in the overview in the Dji GO app?

no sir i don't
2016-5-29
Use props
edwardcollinson
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Well that is peculiar, I'm stumped

Sorry I couldn't really help
If I think of something I'll reply

- Ed
2016-5-29
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Pop the SD card out of the aircraft and examine it on your computer. Are there a lot of files on the card? If so, copy them off and re-format the card in the aircraft via the app.

Do you copy, or use 'cut' to take files of the SD card? If so, then the card needs to be re-formatted, because that action leaves the file allocation table in a mess.

Is this the card that came with the aircraft? if not, what make of card is it?
2016-5-29
Use props
tytlyf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72867 ft
United States

edwardcollinson Posted at 2016-5-30 06:42

If so that's due to FAT32 File limitations and is perfectly no ...

First file is around 4GB, second is 2.5GB.  I'm pretty sure I didn't start/stop the video as I kept flying
2016-5-29
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

tytlyf Posted at 2016-5-30 13:47
First file is around 4GB, second is 2.5GB.  I'm pretty sure I didn't start/stop the video as I kep ...

Quite normal, the system breaks the file into two separate files when it reaches the 4GB limit. There will also be a slight gap in the recording between the two files.
2016-5-29
Use props
rogersgjuk2
New
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2016-5-30 01:35
Pop the SD card out of the aircraft and examine it on your computer. Are there a lot of files on th ...

Hi Geebax.. thanks for the reply..ill try reformatting in the AC.. but would that affect the recording function ? if its recording and stops.. then restarts...

thanks again
2016-5-30
Use props
rogersgjuk2
New
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2016-5-30 01:35
Pop the SD card out of the aircraft and examine it on your computer. Are there a lot of files on th ...

I'll try a different SD card.. i have a 64 GB one in bought elsewhere..thanks again
2016-5-30
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

rogersgjuk2 Posted at 2016-5-30 18:20
Hi Geebax.. thanks for the reply..ill try reformatting in the AC.. but would that affect the recor ...

Yes, it can affect the recording function.
2016-5-30
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

rogersgjuk2 Posted at 2016-5-30 16:21
I'll try a different SD card.. i have a 64 GB one in bought elsewhere..thanks again

You can also try it with the original 8GB card formatted in FAT32.
2016-5-30
Use props
rogersgjuk2
New
United Kingdom

Hi all
Thanks for the advice.... reformatting IN THE  CAMERA seems to have fixed it!

thank youuuuuu
2016-6-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

rogersgjuk2 Posted at 2016-6-28 00:54
Hi all
Thanks for the advice.... reformatting IN THE  CAMERA seems to have fixed it!

Glad it's all working foe for you again.
2016-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules