Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Conversion of .SRT into a CSV for ESRI FMV add-on
8177 6 2016-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pinpointmapping
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>

Aloha fellow Inspire Pilots and DJI Tech Staff,
I'm looking for information to convert the .SRT file that can be captured (when Subtitles are turned on).  The attached image shows the suggested metadata that to make the data most useful for the Full Motion Viewer.  I've gotten the SRT file opened using software called Subtitle Edit, but am struggeling to get it into a useful .csv file that splits out the data captured into seperate Comma Delimited data....  Has anyone here had success with using DJI Inspire 1 imagery with the new ESRI Full Motion Video Add-in?  The image work great in the Drone2Map extension, what am I missing to leverage the video as well?

Screen Grab from ESRI, the URL is visible along the top

Screen Grab from ESRI, the URL is visible along the top
2016-5-29
Use props
terrylewis
Captain
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Take a look at this forum thread about SRT Files Explained. Click this link to view the thread. In post number 6, bornish provides a conversion utility available @ click here to view the article on the Batch Subtitle Converter Utility.
The SRT doesn't appear to provide all the metadata you are looking for, but you may be able to derive some of it once converted to csv.

Good luck and fly/map safely!
2016-5-31
Use props
davidherries
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3768451 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Welcome any update on how you got on with SRT files for esri fmv
2016-9-15
Use props
GeoTrapper
lvl.1

United States

Hi All - There was some out-of-date information and links in this old post and we have released many new geospatial tools and capabilities to work with DJI videos and metadata since then.

This link offers a brief summary of some information and videos of the different ways to geo-reference and map DJI flight videos (and a value add for those using still photos in Pix4D!): https://www.remotegeo.com/dji/

--Remote Geo

DJI Videos with Remote Geo’s "Camera-Target Footprint" metadata showing where the camera is looking ...

DJI Videos with Remote Geo’s "Camera-Target Footprint" metadata showing where the camera is looking ...
2016-9-16
Use props
goober
New
Flight distance : 19984 ft
United States

Is there a way to force DJI Go to create SRT files without also overlaying the info as caption on the video? I need the info from the files but don't want it in my imagery.

Thanks!
2017-2-14
Use props
fans3fe8f70a
New

United States

https://compassdrone.com/software/dji2fmv/ to beta test an app that converts P3, P4, and Inspire .SRT to MISB compliant .CSV for use in ESRI FMV multiplexer.
2017-4-18
Use props
PinpointMapping
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans3fe8f70a Posted at 2017-4-18 11:58
https://compassdrone.com/software/dji2fmv/ to beta test an app that converts P3, P4, and Inspire .SRT to MISB compliant .CSV for use in ESRI FMV multiplexer.

Mahalo fans3fe8f70a for the link, have been able to contact them and get a link for the BETA test.
2017-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules