821 3 2016-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jprime
New
United States

Hey all,

Phantom Vision 2 Plus here.

Short story is I upgrade the antennas on my wifi extender, and had a few successful flights (out to 1500 feet altitude).  Then, it started to have issues where my phone would not hold its connection to the wifi network, or it would have trouble joining.  I feel like I got frustrated and just put the whole thing in a box for a while.  Recently, I got it back out set on getting it running again.  I started off by removing the customizations and reverting back to the stock antennas.  I finished doing this, charged everything up, made sure I was on the latest drivers all around, and tried to fly it.

The good news, is that the radio control works great.  The bad news, is that now I do not see any phantom WiFi to join at all.  I have tried multiple devices, and reset everything multiple times.  Indicator lights:  The WiFi extender has a solid green Power light, and a completely off System light.  On the camera on the drone, a solid green light is shown (the manual says this is camera idle, no wifi).  I was going to try and follow the steps to bind the extender again, but pushing the reset button on the extender seems to do nothing.  The system light never blinks.

Is my extender bricked somehow?  Could this be something on board the drone?  Like I said, I can sight fly it just fine.  I just can't connect the DJI app to it.  I have never cracked open the drone, only the extender.  FWIW, I bought this refurbished.

I grabbed a used extender off of ebay, but it has not arrived yet.  How likely is that to be the issue?

Thanks,
Jeff
2016-5-30
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Are you running iOS or android, there have been numerous problems with an android updat bricking wifi extenders

Problem is likely with the extender and or RC if I am correct in assuming the mod you made was the it itelite panel...fwiw, I have that mod and it works great, bought a second RC with re on eBay for $50.00 and have it working a back up and no problems switching between the two.

those little connectors on the wifi are super finicky, double check them

Another re may solve the issue but as mentioned, it could be in the RC as well!, I doubt the issue is with the Phantom but double check your connections at the base of the gimbal
2016-5-30
Use props
jprime
New
United States

I am using iOS.  I did order the backup one so we will see what that does when it comes in.

My mod was basically just unplugging the antennas and using a direction long range antenna and nicer near field one for close range.  I got them from FPVLR.
2016-5-31
Use props
jprime
New
United States

Update - the new range extender has fixed the wifi issue, and I can not connect normally.  I can see all of he telemetry, and I can have the camera take photos and videos, and operate the gimbal, but I have NO preview.
2016-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules