moving files to windows pc
2813 14 2016-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jag
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108 ft

hello
I am having problems after moving my files to my pc.

they are no longer in motion, the video runs like a slide show. the files play fine on my djigo app but when I copy them or cut and paste them they turn into a slide show with no motion.
2016-5-30
Use props
tnhwyman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 347697 ft
United States

What window's version are you using? What is your default program for using said files? Are these files saved as "mov or avi" files from the Phantom?

More details would be most helpful.
2016-5-30
Use props
Jag
lvl.1

tnhwyman@gmail. Posted at 2016-5-31 02:06
What window's version are you using? What is your default program for using said files? Are these fi ...

windows 10, windows xp, files are .mov and mp4. and I use ALV media Player.
How do you move the phantom 4 files from the Phantom 4?
2016-5-30
Use props
broadlandboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1654222 ft
United Kingdom

Remove micro sd card, insert it into sd card adapter, insert into card reader on computer & away you go
2016-5-30
Use props
Jag
lvl.1

broadlandboy Posted at 2016-5-31 03:39
Remove micro sd card, insert it into sd card adapter, insert into card reader on computer & away you ...

I did that, copy to my pc, and cut and paste the files. Iam new to DJI Not Computers.
How do you move your phantom 4 files to Windows?
2016-5-30
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Jag Posted at 2016-5-30 22:27
I did that, copy to my pc, and cut and paste the files. Iam new to DJI Not Computers.
How do you m ...

As said, take the SD card out of your Phantom and plug it in your PC. If the movies can not be played fluently this probably means that either your PC or your programù has too little processing power to process the very heavy datastream of HD andK files.
2016-5-30
Use props
Jag
lvl.1

PhanFran Posted at 2016-5-31 04:40
As said, take the SD card out of your Phantom and plug it in your PC. If the movies can not be pla ...

ok. someone with a better reply.
I never tried to play a file just move them to my pc, this pc has never had a problem playing movies in avi, mp4. I will check it out. and be back.
thanks
2016-5-30
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

Jag Posted at 2016-5-30 22:51
ok. someone with a better reply.
I never tried to play a file just move them to my pc, this pc ha ...

One more thing: copy or transfer the movies from your SD card to your PC, some SD-readers are too slow in transferring the data and playing them from the PC directly could help. If that does not help i fear it is the PC or the app...
I have a brandnew Win10 PC with 16 Gb of memory and iNtel core I7 processor and even with that machine sometimes the movies play very hesitatingly or just don't play: black screen or screenshot of the first frame.

The latest version of Lightroom for instance doesn't play 4K files....
2016-5-30
Use props
Jag
lvl.1

PhanFran Posted at 2016-5-31 05:12
One more thing: copy or transfer the movies from your SD card to your PC, some SD-readers are too s ...

sounds like i shoot in 1080 or lower to make a movie from my phantom, dang hate when that happends
2016-5-30
Use props
Jag
lvl.1

got it. 4k is to big for pc to process switched to 1080 in phantom 4 djigo settings and no problems. but i can sent the 4k files to my LG 4k TV. thanks for the help Phanfan.
I Found a open source player that plays files with no lag.Find it here. https://mpc-hc.org   
2016-5-30
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23691 ft
United Kingdom

If you get a video editing program such as Corel Video Director (£79.99) or CyberLink Power Director (£39.99 - £99.99 depending on current offer availability) you can load the 4K videos to edit using in-app 720p interim format and then save out to 1080p HD or other formats including 4K (in the newest software versions) or for video streaming to youtube etc.  Doesn't matter if your PC struggles to play 4K or not because the video editor only edits and saves in 4K, but plays in 720p.
2016-5-31
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

Hong Kong

You mostly need an i7 CPU to watch 4K on your PC. If you have any  CPUs other than i7, don't try editing 4K files or converting them to 1080P, it will take a very long time that you don't wait.
2016-5-31
Use props
calls4u2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 211604 ft
United Kingdom

Try playing them in vlc, or convert em to 1080 using same. Even a decent i3 will play 4k from testing on machines at work.
2016-6-1
Use props
kateelliott2010
New

United States

Hi there. I was able to transfer my first 3 files to my PC, Windows 10,  via the original supplied SD card in an adapter, and they played fine. As soon as I tried to edit them in Windows Movie Maker all the files got corrupted and unusable. Does anyone have a recommendation for a film editing program for the Phantom 3 movie files? I don't mind paying for it as long as it's not too complicated.  Thanks!
2016-8-14
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
  • >>>

kateelliott2010 Posted at 2016-8-15 09:57
Hi there. I was able to transfer my first 3 files to my PC, Windows 10,  via the original supplied S ...

I usqe moviemaker on  more or less the same PC as yours (I think) and it works fine. Also Adobe Premiere Elemnets might be a good choice: a bit more complex as Moviemaker but far from the 'professional' version with a huge learning curve (Adobe Premiere Pro)
2016-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules