Phantom 3 Standard Loses Video Signal Before RC signal
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlfexOmega
lvl.2

United Kingdom

[size=14.6667px]So yesterday I flew my P3S about 600m away in CE mode all stock which was a new record for me and was getting the 'Image Transmission Signal Weak' warning and the video was really laggy and kept freezing however I still had full bars on the RC signal. I was wondering if this is normal as sometimes I will completely lose video signal at much less distance and the app will say 'No Signal' followed by 'Disconnected' and the RC light will turn red but will still have complete control over the Quad and Gimbal Tilting. I have never had the RC signal lost warning, it's always the video signal that disconnects first. Most videos I watch on Youtube lose RC signal before they lose the video feed which makes me wonder if this is normal. From my understanding the P3S uses 2.4ghz for the Video feed and 5.4ghz for the RC control and 2.4ghz is supposed to be able to go further correct me if i'm wrong. Help Appreciated Thanks
[size=14.6667px]

2016-5-30
Use props
lucg
New

Canada

Sometime you will lose signal after 5M from your Tx  , interferance will block the video signal very quick.  The best thing to solve that is the 10$ range booster that you put on your remote antenna (eBay it )
2016-5-30
Use props
darrenphillips1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 501913 ft
Australia

The range booster you refer to will only possibly help with your control signal as it goes over the single 5.8GHz external antenna
The video wifi signal Tx and Rx
Are fitted inside the remote
And the power output of these is reduced in the automatic CE mode
You will see it says do not cover antennas inside on top of the remote
Ensure you are not covering these antennas and that you are directing them towards the aircraft
To achieve maximum signal strength
Albeit you are already reaching more than the advertised maximum distance in CE mode
2016-5-30
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

"it's always the video signal that disconnects first. Most videos I watch on Youtube lose RC signal before they lose the video feed which makes me wonder if this is normal."

What would you prefer:
To have lost video but be able to initiate RTH or bring your Phantom back into range manually
or ..
To have lost control but still have video on your screen of a Phantom you can't control except to switch the controller off and thus initiate RTH?
2016-5-30
Use props
fans1a4598dc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 159144 ft
United States

Does anyone knows if this happens with Litchi app too or just with Dji go app??
2017-4-8
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Yes, it's normal.  However, control is 5.8 ghz, not 5.4 ghz.

I see your maps in the lower left isn't working.  I would do something about that.  

Your confusion regarding control relative to FPV is probably from watching videos of lightbridge Phantoms.  

Yes, the 2.4 ghz signal would normally have a better distance than the 5.8 if all things were equal, but they're not.  The 2.4 is a much more sophisticated and complex connection which is why it is apt to have a shorter distance relative to the simple, one-way 5.8 ghz signal.

2017-4-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

fans1a4598dc Posted at 2017-4-8 20:10
Does anyone knows if this happens with Litchi app too or just with Dji go app??

It doesn't matter what flight app you use.  
2017-4-9
Use props
djiuser_f5bOQrhsPB3k7
New

Estonia

I have the same problem- full control over my phantom 3 standard but the video is gone.
After reading all these comments i still don't understand what shall i do?

Best
2020-1-26
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

If the FPV is gone, always gone, not there, never there, but everything else works including telemetery, it's likely your NAND chip has failed.  A flash might fix it.  Good luck
2020-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules