Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
wi fi turn on on a tablet while fly.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
starfighters
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1358215 ft
United Kingdom

Hi to all of you and apologies wheter the issue has already been discussed before,but i didn't find it in the forum..
I have a P3A with samsung galaxy tab E, FW 1.8.80 ,1.6 on RC,and latest app,in the last flight i came up with that i was flying with wi-fi of the tablet switched on,and GPS on too.
Do you think that tablet or whatever device used with it's own wi-fi and gps on could affect or be dangerous for RX-TX between remote and copter???
I swithced it off as soon as i catch it up,but want know some opinion by others...do you use to fly with tablet or phone wi-fi and gps on too?
Thank you

2016-5-31
Use props
labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It will make no difference at all.
2016-5-31
Use props
starfighters
lvl.4
Italy

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-5-31 13:15
It will make no difference at all.

Thank you for your answer.
2016-5-31
Use props
Airspace Explor
lvl.4
United States

Both Lightbridge, used by P3A, and WiFi share the same working frequency, 2.4 GHz. So unless you're flying in a crowded WiFi area, and you should know how to determine that, there should be no problem.

If your mobile device WiFi is off, you'll not be able to connect it to an AP and hence to the internet. Live Streaming to YouTube is one such need to connect.

WiFi draws power from your mobile device battery so disabling it during flight will extend MD battery life by a small amount.

Several features of DJI GO app rely on your Mobile Device GPS. The User Guide describes these features.
2016-5-31
Use props
starfighters
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Airspace Explor Posted at 2016-5-31 22:37
Both Lightbridge, used by P3A, and WiFi share the same working frequency, 2.4 GHz. So unless you're  ...

thanks so unless i want live stream WI-FI is useless....gps it's more important....
Thank you for your help
2016-5-31
Use props
labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

starfighters Posted at 2016-6-1 16:36
thanks so unless i want live stream WI-FI is useless....gps it's more important....
Thank you for  ...

The GPS in your tablet is of no use at all in flying except for Follow-me and resetting your home point to the current location of the controller.
The Phantom's own GPS handles everything else.
2016-6-1
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Even if your phone's wifi conflicts with the Lightbridge, the plane and RC will be smart enough to choose another channel.
2016-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules