29645 285 2016-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jruizo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 546545 ft
Spain

vincentnursalim Posted at 2016-6-1 22:00
Anyone , did the new Firmware fix the tilt gimbal issue ?

I didn´t had that tilting, and it semms it continues OK
2016-6-1
Use props
brewer65
lvl.1

United States

I tried the firmware update per video, it fails.  I re-booted the F4 and it still fails.  I then tried through the DJI app, doesn't even prompt me for the upgrade.  On my mac it shows an update is needed.
2016-6-1
Use props
brewer65
lvl.1

United States

Never mind, I got it.
2016-6-1
Use props
M Stuart K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

brewer65 Posted at 2016-6-1 19:30
Never mind, I got it.

I have the very same issues; what did you do to resolve it.  On the DJI assistant it constantly fails and on the app it does not prompt me for an update.  
2016-6-1
Use props
energy947
New

United States

Just updated, on video mode the quality is horrible when recording, hopefully DJI fixes this issue quick.
2016-6-1
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

net_box Posted at 2016-5-31 22:41
I admit it: I am still scared to do a firmware update!

Some say use the app, some say use  ...

Hey i flew fine today on 2.8.1 on the former firmware, it didnt even tell me there was a FW upgrade. Works fine withoit upgrading for me!
2016-6-1
Use props
Vincent2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622841 ft
United States

I love updating the firmware, fun part of the hobby and it always seems to help my issues. It does mention prop guards. Does this allow front sensors to operate with guards attached.
2016-6-1
Use props
asdisp
lvl.1

Indonesia

Today I flew 250m altitude, the RC signal is lost so it go RTH.
Before update never had this problem.
2016-6-1
Use props
net_box
lvl.4
United States

I was afraid of that! the range is limited and the video transmission breaks up now.

I wonder why can't we adjust the video quality lower in the auto mode?  Maybe that will help the video transmission.
I don't think it makes sense to go custom, and rely only on one channel frequency.

2016-6-1
Use props
Swedrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I updated thru the app on iOS and it was hanging on 99% för 15 minutes and also prompting me to unplug and reconnect the cable 2 times. At the end i switched on the transmitter and the it completed. Was afraid of being bricked
2016-6-1
Use props
Swedrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-6-2 04:47
Hey i flew fine today on 2.8.1 on the former firmware, it didnt even tell me there was a FW upgrad ...

Maybe you flew without an internet connection?
2016-6-1
Use props
v.razaitis
New

Lithuania

M Stuart K Posted at 2016-6-2 03:47
I have the very same issues; what did you do to resolve it.  On the DJI assistant it constantly fa ...

Same goes to me...
Any solution?
2016-6-2
Use props
brewer65
lvl.1

United States

M Stuart K Posted at 2016-6-1 20:47
I have the very same issues; what did you do to resolve it.  On the DJI assistant it constantly fa ...

I used the DJI software on my Ipad.  You have to hook up the Ipad directly to the drone.  I forgot I had the little cable that aloud me to hook up the USB cable to the drone.  Once I did that, everything went smooth.  Tech support told me they prefer to use the app instead of the asst. Doin't forget to calibrate the IMU after the upgrade.
2016-6-2
Use props
luizhmax
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1399058 ft

ville.honkonen@ Posted at 2016-5-31 23:35
Tested... This is NOT HELP THE IMAGE TRANSFER PROBLEM!

Firmware updated, push the camera button and ...

I'm having the pixelation as well in photo mode. It sucks!
2016-6-2
Use props
luizhmax
lvl.1

Here a comparison of the two camera modes: In Photo mode, camera looses resolution at the viewer (actual photos taken will be fine... it's just the visualization). In Film camera mode, everything is normal.

Photo Mode

Photo Mode

Film Mode

Film Mode
2016-6-2
Use props
mag_75
New

United States

Yep....2.8.3 is out no won iOS.  
2016-6-2
Use props
john_pullen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20778 ft

luizhmax@gmail. Posted at 2016-6-2 20:09
Here a comparison of the two camera modes: In Photo mode, camera looses resolution at the viewer (ac ...

I have commented on this already in this thread and DJI have acknowledged this problem. You can resolve the blurry live feed issue by selecting a different color style/mode and switching back again. For example, if your color mode was D-LOG switch to "None" and then back to D-LOG and the live feed should be fine for your session. If you restart the P4 or preview images using the app the blurry view comes back and you have to repeat the workaround. This problem is with the recent firmware because I get the same problem with DJI GO on iOS and Android, and the Litchi app also gets this problem. The workaround works for Litchi.
2016-6-2
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have now tested this in flight and all appears to be working reasonably well using all the latest firmware builds and DJI GO 2.8.3.

After doing all the updates I ran through all the calibrations, Sensor cameras, IMU, Gimbal, Compass & RC controls (5 items)

I also adjusted the horizon level on camera by holding 'C2' button on RC operated and using right hand wheel to change, aligning it to a long high wall in my garden. I had been having intermittent horizon not level on previous videos after yaw turns with camera levelling off after a short period of time. I have not noticed any problems on video I took yesterday. So hopefully this horizon tilt may have disappeared.
However one outstanding problem seems to be the drop after sudden stop, with the aircraft dropping about 8-10m feet after full forward throttle released. This is well documented in another thread with many examples.

So bottom line for me after flight test yesterday (about 30 minutes or so)
So far firmware 1.1.410 seems pretty stable.
DJI GO 2.8.3 seems to be working well with new firmware 1.1.410
2016-6-2
Use props
david.p.mann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Tim

Does the V1.1.410 firmware include a battery firmware update or RC firmware update?  None are mentioned in the release notes.  After the update, my RC firmware version is still 1.6.0 - is that correct?  Do I need to update firmware of my other batteries?

EDIT - I answered my own question.  YES - There definitely is a battery firmware update in firmware 1.1.410 (as confirmed by several other forum posters, including Sploodge - Thanks!)   You will need to put each of your spare batteries in the P4 after completing the firmware update the first time, power cycle the P4, kill the DJI GO app and restart it, then go to the main screen of the DJI GO app (where you select your aircraft and graphic of P4 appears) and in less than a minute a message will appear indicating "Inconsistent firmware version" and instructing you to update firmware.  Initiating this update will update just the battery firmware, which you can see is proceeding by the changing LED light pattern on the P4 battery (middle two LEDs will start blinking).  When update is 100% completed, power off the P4, insert next battery and repeat.

DJI should really indicate on the release notes that a battery firmware update is included in Firmware 1.1.410.

As best I can tell there is NO RC firmware update included in this firmware release.

2016-6-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

broadlandboy Posted at 2016-6-1 00:06
Just updated. Map has disappeared

Can you post a screenshot, we've updated many of them here and all is fine.
2016-6-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

simonmd Posted at 2016-6-1 00:07
I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed that the updates don't address what I believe is a far more pr ...

It was addressed in the new version, if you are still experiencing it, please post a video. All users so far have said video is great.
From the release notes:  Fixed an issue which may cause Phantom 4 transmission weakness.
2016-6-2
Use props
simonmd
lvl.1

Colombia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-2 11:03
It was addressed in the new version, if you are still experiencing it, please post a video. All us ...

Thank you Ken. I will update and try this weekend.

Cheers!
2016-6-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

simonmd Posted at 2016-6-3 01:02
Thank you Ken. I will update and try this weekend.

Cheers!

No problem, let me know if there are any issues.
2016-6-2
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Folks, remember to cycle your batteries, do an IMU Calibration, Calibrate your Compass and go through all of your settings once your update is complete.
2016-6-2
Use props
Mabou2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Updated everything in one shot... setting setting aside the drop in elevation problem, everything else seems to be working well.

OF NOTE:  Using the DJI assistant on the Mac, I could not successfully update the firmware.  Tried three times, failed at different points each time (90%, 62%, 82%).  So I decided to try updating the firmware via DJI Go app.  Worked perfectly the first time.  With the previous FW update, the DJI GO app wouldn't work at all (would make it about 85% then bail out)  and the DJI Assistant saved my bacon on the first try.... heh... go figure.  

So if your update isn't working with one option, try the other option.
2016-6-2
Use props
coolbeans
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20778 ft

I have already mentioned the problems with blurry live feed and the workaround but I have noticed one other problem. Its too windy in the UK for me to fly but I took it into the garden to take some pictures to make sure the actual pictures and video were okay stored on the P4 and they were. However, when I preview the images within the app (Android) there is a horrible lag and the screen initially goes purple or green and more often than not the preview comes back corrupted. I also get this when initially taking the photo when the preview flashes up for a second. I had none of these problems before the recent updates. I am standing right next to the P4 when I preview images. Not a show stopper but please fix DJI!
2016-6-2
Use props
luizhmax
lvl.1
Brazil

john_pullen@yah Posted at 2016-6-2 10:49
I have commented on this already in this thread and DJI have acknowledged this problem. You can res ...

Thanks for the reply. Yes I had found out the work around as well. I hope DJI fix it as this workaround is completely unacceptable. Everything was fine before the firmware update.
2016-6-2
Use props
Athlon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 675364 ft
Germany

luizhmax@gmail. Posted at 2016-6-2 14:09
Here a comparison of the two camera modes: In Photo mode, camera looses resolution at the viewer (ac ...

The same situation here by me :-(
Bad quality in photomodus and good quality in video mode. Update all, made an IMU-
and a Gimbalcalibration.

A new Issue with the updates???
2016-6-2
Use props
calls4u2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 211604 ft
United Kingdom

So first flight in about a fortnight, worried that the firmware would introduce some of the many issues people have been having. Me personally I was having the altitude drop/rise/yoyo, squeaking gimbal on startup, and SLOW speed ~5M/S max in standard mode.

I calibrated everything, the sensors via the PC, the IMU, Controller and of course the compass.

Altitude drop is still there, sometimes drops as much as 10ft - doesn't seem to do this when VPS is active and drone is within range of the ground.
Gimbal noise - Was that really a sound effect previously? sounded like something catching - anyways, appears to be fixed - no noisy gimbal on startup!
Speed - Still slow, though *perhaps* slightly faster, though it is windy today, whether against the wind or into the wind the results were pretty much the same <10M/S

This is my second bird and the first one was MUCH MUCH faster, didn't have altitude issues, but did have another odd issue that probably would never have occurred again (just weird circumstances I think!) but DJI recommended I get it replaced.

Horizon seems okay, but tbh my bird had only had 2 flights previous to the update and I think the horizon was okay anyway.

I can't find where I set the resolution for stills in the 2.8.1 app - I'm sure it was in there previously, anyone wanna chime in and tell me where I'm missing it?  or is it still in China? ;)
2016-6-2
Use props
calls4u2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 211604 ft
United Kingdom

...Oh and I forgot...

Battery seems to NOT last near as long - but it is a little windy so not optimal conditions, I'll monitor it but thought I'd mention it in case anyone else is thinking the same.
2016-6-2
Use props
wmphoto
New

United States

Tried to update tonight. Update failed as did attempt to send report to DJI. Will call support in the morning.

2016-6-2
Use props
lpfreeking976
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131224 ft

I did the update to .410 tonight as well as 2 additional batteries, it went very well. I also did a IMU calbration. This was my first time.   I can see how easy it would be to over think the process.  I thank those who have gone before, posted questions,  provided answers,  and made Videos.

2016-6-2
Use props
yavor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5296509 ft
Bulgaria

After updating to 1.1.410 I notice a big problem in video quality . 100% Crop of 4K

100% crop - 4k@25fps

100% crop - 4k@25fps

2016-6-2
Use props
roopshenoy1210
New

Singapore

thanostc Posted at 2016-5-31 21:41
What is changed in gimbal initialization tone?

No more noise when the aircraft starts
2016-6-3
Use props
mactech
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for fixing one problem and creating another one DJI.  Now everyone is dealing with blurry video image.  Switching color settings is only a temporary fix.  It goes blurry when switching from camera mode to video and back.

This is depressing.
2016-6-3
Use props
mmarkoe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Ken,
Please pass on to firmware developers a wish to be able to save settings before update and then restore settings after.
2016-6-3
Use props
Jeffo C
lvl.2
Flight distance : 159488 ft
Australia

I completed the update yesterday then I did the IMU calibration, all looked well. I took my Phantom out today calibrated the compass before my flight with the Go app and all was well. After this I had 5 flights using the Litchi app no problems all went well.
2016-6-3
Use props
yavor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5296509 ft
Bulgaria

After returning to the firmware 1.1.0301, everything in 4K video is OK.
4k_sample.jpg
2016-6-3
Use props
bro-ris
New

Norway

Hei, tryed to upgrade my phantom 4 and it went error. Tryed to downgrade on assistant with no luck. What to do?
2016-6-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

bro-ris Posted at 2016-6-3 22:53
Hei, tryed to upgrade my phantom 4 and it went error. Tryed to downgrade on assistant with no luck.  ...

Can you please give more details?
What errors were happening while trying to update through the app?
And what happens from the  Assistant2 software? You said you tried to downgrade from the Assistant?
2016-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules