New Firmware for Phantom 4 v1.1.410
29694 281 2016-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ridge11103
lvl.1
United Kingdom

windsun33@gmail Posted at 2016-5-31 19:36
Updated P4 to latest firmware. Seems to have fixed most of the gimbal issues going by the limited te ...

I've update P4 to v1.1.410 today, and find that on auto takeoff ac goes to 1.2 metres, but very slowly descends thereafter - VS reading = 0.0 throughout, but height above ground is reported correctly.

It's a slow drop - but still a worry. I had recalibrated IMU and Compass before test.
2016-6-3
Use props
cerin2209
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59846 ft
Croatia

Solution for blur, after upgrade you must restart the color settings... after that i am OK

2016-6-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

ridge11103@btin Posted at 2016-6-4 00:52
I've update P4 to v1.1.410 today, and find that on auto takeoff ac goes to 1.2 metres, but very slo ...

After power cycling the aircraft, do you still see that?
2016-6-3
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

Should I do the firmware update first, since I am running app 2.81?

Or should I upgrade the app first to 2.8.3?

I am planning to use the DJI program using a WIN 7 pc.
I see a lot of cases where it gets stuck at 90% or 99%.
What should I do if that occurs?  or what is causing the hang up?

Any hints, please feel free to elaborate.

2016-6-3
Use props
clayton6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 557802 ft
Australia

I'm new to drone flying and have a P4. I did the upgrade via my iPad with the same 99% result as others have had. I then did it via computer and reloaded it without any issues (Windows 10). I then did a recal on the IMU successfully and then went to do one on the gimbal. It started making squeaking noises and the camera was shuddering like it was having a fit. This was via the iPad. It would only get to 72%. I tried this several times all with the same result.
Has anyone any ideas on what is happening here? Thanks.
2016-6-3
Use props
tedfenlon
New

United Kingdom

I'm so frustrated, I read about how good the p4 is, so I save up and buy one. It cost me £1200. What a piece of junk I've had mine for a week, it's updated firmware twice, and now most of the dji go features are unusable because of the terrible signal. I have nearly lost drone twice because of this. My question is " will dji take responsibility for any crashes because of signal problems. And lastly, why should I have to pay all this money for a drone that doesn't do what it's supposed to?
2016-6-4
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

I'm not updating my Firmware until these video/photo quality issues are fixed. The sole purpose of my p4 is to be able to get good photos/videos for my business, and I am not risking my upcoming business on (sorry to say) what sounds like a shoddy FW update. I'm staying at the previous firmware until I'm forced to update. I'm so so so sick of everytime there's a fix, it creates another issue. This has happened with almost EVERY update. DJI - I'm starting to lose faith in your technology, and in your ability to fix issues with your technology. I doubt I'll be getting a 2ND P4 now, because these issues are ridiculous. They really are. Your the top drone company IN THE WORLD. Yet your new flagship product is plagued with problems on the users end. And to say the P4 betas have zero of these issues...logically makes zero sense, and logically can't be true, unless the betas are different than the ones you sold to consumers. What the heck is going on? Cus it sure seems like you got in way over your head releasing the Phantom 4 early, just to try and beat Yuneec's release. By doing so, you have pissed off a huge amount of your loyal customers, and have even pushed some of them to your competitors. The P4's reputation is ruined on the global market. Very poor decision making. Very dissapointed in who is supposed to be the top drone company globally. Get your s*** together DJI, quit creating more problems with your fixes!! Thank you for letting me vent.
2016-6-4
Use props
tedfenlon
New

United Kingdom

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-6-4 13:36
I'm not updating my Firmware until these video/photo quality issues are fixed. The sole purpose of m ...

Well said
2016-6-4
Use props
mactech
lvl.2
United States

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-6-4 08:36
I'm not updating my Firmware until these video/photo quality issues are fixed. The sole purpose of m ...

What he said above is exactly how I feel.
2016-6-4
Use props
Alari
lvl.2

Switzerland

I'm afraid to update, is it possible to lose my 100% perfect gimbal level?
2016-6-4
Use props
JACKODOG-ANDROI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 208383 ft

haven't took mine out of case in over 30 days, just been wating.....
2016-6-4
Use props
desertstormarti
lvl.2
Flight distance : 710587 ft
United States

Has anyone been getting blurry video after this update?  
2016-6-4
Use props
Mr.buGSy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 820712 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Everyone seem to believe that the firmware is to blame, it could be hardware related too. Otherwise everyone would have had the exact same issues. The reason there are some without issue – well at last some with less issues – could be bad hardware. Remember the electronics in these drones are mass produced, and sometimes when an error is not detected in a production line, it effects the whole series produced by that factory. As a software engineer I can tell you that software bugs — that are actually caused by bad hard — are not that different from bugs generated by bad code. So sometimes finding the real cause can be.. well ass-breaking for the developer. But I'm only guessing of course.

Like mister Jack here I also haven't opened the box yet, although mine is going back to the store today. No more jack in the box for me.
2016-6-4
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

desertstormarti Posted at 2016-6-4 22:05
Has anyone been getting blurry video after this update?

Yes... Blurred video after update... There are a couple of threads in this forum with a growing number of angry users.
2016-6-4
Use props
cedthered
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1225827 ft
Sweden

As a commercial UAS pilot, I fly big industrial machinery for mapping and have been flying for about 7 years. I have been involved with multi rotors since the beginning with KK, DJI naza, APM and Aibotix. I have a few home built machines all from tri-copters to octa-copters as well as fixed wing planes and even cars with APM 2.6 IMUs. I have crashed more systems than most of the people on this forum. I recently treated myself to a out of the box system that did not require any building, engineering degree or ace pilot skills. I got a Phantom 4. WOW! What a nice machine to fly! My system has worked like a charm from day one. I do long flights with confidence and have never had any issues. I have not upgraded the firmware yet, as I have some horror stories to tell about system crashes over the years I have been involved in this game. I will wait...
I have updated the DJI go app and it works fine, not that I had any issues with it before.
For the moment, I am happy.
2016-6-4
Use props
cayalag
lvl.3
Flight distance : 470656 ft
Portugal

Good for you... as I write I am rolling back to v1.1.301 because of the same reason. It proved to be real solid ! With the new v.1.1.410 I am starting to have silly things, like altitude drop, blurry footage and weak transmitter signal after 700 m in the same place I could do 2 km before.
2016-6-5
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Mabou2 Posted at 2016-6-5 06:17
Yes... Blurred video after update... There are a couple of threads in this forum with a growing nu ...

3 days of footage ruined for me after the update. Cycling between styles does´nt solve the problem only shooting in standard style wich I don´t want. I want LOG! {:4_142:}
2016-6-5
Use props
tiansimpson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 593120 ft

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-4 04:16
After power cycling the aircraft, do you still see that?

People are talking a lot about "power cycling" Could someone tell me what power cycling is?
Thanks
2016-6-5
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

tiansimpson Posted at 2016-6-5 11:44
People are talking a lot about "power cycling" Could someone tell me what power cycling is?
Thanks ...

Re-boot, switch it off then switch it on again.
2016-6-5
Use props
dan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 587726 ft
Czechia

Aardvark Posted at 2016-6-5 13:32

But this bug will occur also even after switching to photo and video back on. I do not understand why, in my opinion, the simple fix is not done :-( I downgraded and wait for next update ...
2016-6-5
Use props
waynehwlam
lvl.1
Flight distance : 944656 ft
Hong Kong

Swedrone Posted at 2016-6-5 17:21
3 days of footage ruined for me after the update. Cycling between styles does´nt solve the proble ...

After upgrade, I notice the live feed image quality went down.  The 4K quality looked worst than 720P live feed saved on the device.  4K video qualty returned to normal after I reset the camera setting in the Go App.  By the way, I had 1 day of flying wasted. No amount of sharpening could salvage my 4k footage and I had to down rez them to 1080p so they did not look as awful.
A friend and I flew 8 batteries together and we had no problem with flight control, it was really stable.  Live feed connection was ok also.   
2016-6-5
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

waynehwlam Posted at 2016-6-5 17:20
After upgrade, I notice the live feed quality went down.  The 4K quality looks worst than 720P liv ...

I feel sorry for you too. Now I don´t only have to doublecheck if the bird has recorded anything but also check the footage quality in the field. I´m currently downgrading to the earlier working FW release using the DJI Assistant.
Screen Shot 2016-06-05 at 17.30.54.png

Screen Shot 2016-06-05 at 17.34.30.png

Should say "downgrade" successsful really

Screen Shot 2016-06-05 at 17.35.29.png
2016-6-5
Use props
simonmd
lvl.1

Colombia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-2 12:13
No problem, let me know if there are any issues.

I can confirm that the 2.8.3 update fixes the weak video signal problem. It also seems to work well with the new firmware.

Thanks!
2016-6-5
Use props
tiansimpson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 593120 ft

Aardvark Posted at 2016-6-5 19:32

Thanks, I feel daft now
2016-6-5
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1064780 ft
United Kingdom

tiansimpson Posted at 2016-6-5 18:15
Thanks, I feel daft now

It is that simple but fixes nothing :-(
2016-6-5
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1064780 ft
United Kingdom

Wish I had not upgraded the firmware, had no problems before and the main thing I want out the bird it the video quality
2016-6-5
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

cedthered Posted at 2016-6-5 03:59
As a commercial UAS pilot, I fly big industrial machinery for mapping and have been flying for about ...

Dont do anything else... if it works and you are happy... stay there.  Turn off auto update on your phone/tablet.  If you are good with the DJI Go... leave it.  I beg of you... for the love of all that is good in the world... don't update ANYTHING!!!!!!!   You will start sliding down the slippery slope that the rest of us are desperately trying to climb back up.
2016-6-5
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

Even though video streaming to the RC should have nothing to do with the actual video
quality captured and stored, I just wonder if they are all part of the same issue:

They are trying to fix the video stream issue, so they are screwing with the video quality maybe??

Ironically, the first issue I reported here when I first got my P4 was video stream issue.  I used
the same iphone 5 I used with P3s, and P3's had no streaming issues.

But when I use my Iphone 6 P, the streaming issue improved.  I only get it sporadically.  Ironically, the
issue seems to be when the RC is close to the craft.  I am also getting streaming issues when I use
the POI mode.  This tells me that the video issue may be due to internal circuitry/internal
processing bandwidth; (i.e. when the POI is on the internal processing must be at peak).

I am only guessing here (and I DO WELCOME DJI feedback) but maybe,
they are trying to fix an internal hardware issue with software patches, which may compromise performance.
And as some have said above, not all hardware are going to be the same.  Software is always constant,
but hardware performance varies, especially on commercial grade chips.  
2016-6-5
Use props
rimvydas.gudeli
New

Denmark

SKIP 1.1.410 Firmware (Possibly 1.1.411 is going to be our golden nugget! )

I have Phantom 4 with 2h+ flight time. Came out of the box with 1.1.301 firmware. And all seemed to work fine.
I shoot 4k 30fps, D-Log with custom style settings
Then I upgraded to 1.1.410 (so far latest). Android app is also latest.
Right after update, first video clip was fine all nice and crisp. Then I change to photo mode, and live view showed up all blurry while images on card were all good.
And now after flying 4 batteries worth of flight time, I checked recorded videos, and it were all blurry (4k 30fps). While with previous firmware was all crisp.

Just did a DOWNGRADE to 1.1.310 with DJI assistant and seems that all came back to normal. I will check how it looks in the air, but waiting for firmware fix.
Edit: Now having issues with 1.1.310firmware. Altitude drop and even in quite close distence live view gets pixelated and stuck. Didnt notice it so much before.

I saw new 1.1.411 firmware was released. Updated with 1.0.4 DJI Assistant and now live feed when switching between photo and vide looks nice and sharp as well as 4k D-Log, looking forward for tomorows flight and hope that altitude drop will not occur

2016-6-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

simonmd Posted at 2016-6-6 00:04
I can confirm that the 2.8.3 update fixes the weak video signal problem. It also seems to work wel ...

Great, glad you a re all up and running.
2016-6-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

rimvydas.gudeli Posted at 2016-6-6 07:09
DO NOT UPGRADE to 1.1.410

I have Phantom 4 with 2h+ flight time. Came out of the box with 1.1.301 f ...

A fix will be available in the next few days. 1.4 is fine and you do not have to downgrade. You change change the color to None and the videos will not be blurry anymore.
2016-6-5
Use props
waynehwlam
lvl.1
Flight distance : 944656 ft
Hong Kong

Swedrone Posted at 2016-6-5 23:31
I feel sorry for you too. Now I don´t only have to doublecheck if the bird has recorded anything b ...

My phantom 4 failed to downgrade on the Mac version of DJI assistant, very strange.  As the blurry video issue has been resolved, I will keep the current version.
2016-6-5
Use props
sguisset
lvl.2
Flight distance : 114177 ft
France

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-6-4 14:36

. Do you have the drop altitude problem ? I'm suppose to work with this P4 but it's impossible to have a steady footage because of the drop altitude and also when the ground is changing. (ex : crossing river..)
DJI we are suppose to work with your bird....
2016-6-6
Use props
brewer65
lvl.1

United States

Mabou2 Posted at 2016-6-5 17:45
Dont do anything else... if it works and you are happy... stay there.  Turn off auto update on you ...

Where is auto update?
2016-6-6
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

waynehwlam Posted at 2016-6-6 09:35
My phantom 4 failed to downgrade on the Mac version of DJI assistant, very strange.  As the blurry ...

Downgrade failed for me too using DJI Assistant so I used the GO app instead. Now everying is crisp and back to normal thank's god.
2016-6-6
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I am now confused as to which method to use to upgrade/downgrade?
I thought the assistant was a better more stable option, besides, my LAN speed is 350 MB/Sec.

Why couldn't you downgrade?  Did it hang up?

Someone from DJI:
Please explain what causes the hang ups using the DJI assistant?
and how can we avoid them.
2016-6-6
Use props
andreypereskoko
lvl.1

Ukraine

After update - VISION SYSTEM ERROR. In ATTI mode vision sensors working. and P4 sometimes in GPS mode go in to sport mode. And error on the screen VISION SYSTEM ERROR. twice i try to downgrade then upgrade againe and problem againe and againe... So i downgrade to 1.03.... and waiting for new release
2016-6-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-6-6 22:54
I am now confused as to which method to use to upgrade/downgrade?
I thought the assistant was a bett ...

There's a new 1.4 version of the Assistant2 software and they should eliminate the lad in the progress bar.
And you should be able to downgrade the P4 firmware if you want.
2016-6-6
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm keeping my mouth shut until I see that DJI can release a firmware that's keeps us all happy

2016-6-6
Use props
keithdelarosa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51654 ft
United States

I upgraded to 410... then I downgraded back to 301, or 310. I'm not sure which one is before it.

I'm not a fan of having to switch the color styles before hitting record to get rid of the fuzziness of the image.
2016-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules