Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Firmware for Phantom 4 v1.1.410
29553 281 2016-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
niek
New

Netherlands

After a worse phantom 2 and 3 gold, I now have the 4
But again its worse after an update.   Its always something with DJI  ..  you cant trust the Phantom 4.
When you want te shoot a movie or take pictures ... it sometimes wont fly.    Bad !

I have now update to 01.01.0410
I have Android and ap 2.8.1
My android version is 5.0.2.
Samsung Tab SM-T700

This evening i went outside after the update.   Only after 3 times on and off of the Airplane , and 3 time doing the compas callibration I cood fly.
But the Video signal is  with stripes and blocks and sometimes even the sign 'signal lost' is coming.
I set the colors from DJI color to black and white etc.   Its stil not good , not working good.

Is DJI serious with us ?  What are they doing?
a guy with a big smile is telling in the video about updates ..  there is nothing to smile over here in Holland.  
When the updates don't  bring what we asked for.
I simply want a good working phantom,  whit no errors and good video signal.  
Why is this not working?   DJI  ??  

2016-6-6
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The latest updates are 01.01.0411 for the aircraft (fixes 'blurred images') , and 2.8.3 (resolves the weak video transmission introduced in 2.8.2).....And perhaps try another tablet, or optimise what you have, is USB debugging enabled & USB protocol set to multimedia (I think photo works as well ). These may help sort some of the problems you're seeing.
2016-6-6
Use props
RimG
New

Denmark

rimvydas.gudeli Posted at 2016-6-6 01:09
SKIP 1.1.410 Firmware (Possibly 1.1.411 is going to be our golden nugget!  )

I have Phantom 4 wit ...

Guys check new firmware hot fix 1.1.411. Seems that it fixed blurry video issue, but I still have to check if threre is no more altitude drop and how is live view signal.
2016-6-6
Use props
shayxf
New

Israel

Aardvark Posted at 2016-6-7 00:03
The latest updates are 01.01.0411 for the aircraft (fixes 'blurred images') , and 2.8.3 (resolves th ...

Not updated the 01.01.0410  Can I update the new 01.01.0411 . (update the old? And after that the new?)
2016-6-6
Use props
RimG
New

Denmark

shayxf Posted at 2016-6-6 23:44
Not updated the 01.01.0410  Can I update the new 01.01.0411 . (update the old? And after that the  ...

You should be able to update straight to 1.1.411. But after update, first test it safely at close range do compas calibrations and reset and dial again your photo/video settings.
2016-6-6
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

shayxf Posted at 2016-6-6 22:44
Not updated the 01.01.0410  Can I update the new 01.01.0411 . (update the old? And after that the  ...

Probably good working practice to calibrate sensors (in DJI Assistant 2), IMU, Gimbal, RC and Compass.
I also check and adjust gimbal level (Holding C2 button operated & right hand wheel to adjust) Seems to hold level after that.
2016-6-6
Use props
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Jakebilling@goo Posted at 2016-5-31 16:51
Very Windy today here in the UK

I'm in uk too, where are u using it ?
2016-6-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

The latest version is 1.1.411 released yesterday to take care of the blurry picture when using a color profile.
2016-6-7
Use props
Tyler
New

Norway

After updating to the new firmware this happened without warning. I assume compass fail but can not confirm.
App Version 2.8.3
Firmware Version 01.01.0411
Remote Controller Version 1.6.0

Can anyone please help?
2016-6-11
Use props
mattd
lvl.4

Australia

Tyler@tylerspar Posted at 2016-6-11 23:48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hdIiMg7YYI

After updating to the new firmware this happened withou ...

upload the logs to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

and then paste link here so we can see
2016-6-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Tyler@tylerspar Posted at 2016-6-11 21:48

After updating to the new firmware this happened withou ...

Can you please do a IMU and compass calibration, it should be fine after that.
Also, after this update, you may have to reset your settings.
2016-6-13
Use props
thorsten.yachtc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

Uh-oh.
Haven't don the second last update because some forums talk about the range will be decreased. In general I like to have a proper firmware. But I don't buy a brand new model drone with high range and getting a firmware how cut this down.
So I would like to ask here for experiance.
This drones are expensive so I can expect proper firmware?
Thanks for reply..
2016-6-13
Use props
AlienWarrior
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1047201 ft
  • >>>
Australia

My P4 flies like a yoyo.
Makes getting usable video nearly impossible as it is constantly changing altitude and is very noticible in the video.
Goes up and down up to 10 metres.
2016-6-14
Use props
ivan.dovala
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7349334 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

AlienWarrior Posted at 2016-6-14 23:10
My P4 flies like a yoyo.
Makes getting usable video nearly impossible as it is constantly changing a ...

AlienWarrior If you use gimbal protector remove it., it blocks optic sensors on the bottom side. Then flying like yoyo
2016-6-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

AlienWarrior Posted at 2016-6-15 05:10
My P4 flies like a yoyo.
Makes getting usable video nearly impossible as it is constantly changing a ...

There is nothing wrong with the P4, if it is going up and down like a yoyo then you must have a gimbal protector installed.
Please read the entire manual as it addresses things like this.
2016-6-15
Use props
AlienWarrior
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

No gimbal protector installed. Stock standard setup. Have calbrated IMU several times.
Flies like a yoyo without any input from the left stick. Yoyo up to 10 metres.
Have read manual but can not find section that deals with altitude management.
Please advise where in manual the altitude variations are addressed.
Cheers.

EDIT: Please see phantompilots.com for other people experiencing the same issue.
Also, have not mentioned the crooked horizon however that too remains an issue but can be compensated for with constant adjustment.
2016-6-15
Use props
rliamharpurb
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I also have altitude fluctuations from 1m-8m

This is an issue DJI many people are having the same problem and yes we are aware to remove the gimbal guard

Liam
2016-6-16
Use props
saifulazman.633
lvl.1

Malaysia

Hi everyone,

Just buy the phantom 4 today, suddenly when everything is on the the Dji go apps ask for the firmware update. The shop that I bought say do not updated first because one of the customers just updated the firmware the Phantom lost signal and crash. Now I'm really afraid to updated it. I'm newbies please advise, what happen actually.
2016-6-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

saifulazman.633 Posted at 2016-6-17 01:22
Hi everyone,

Just buy the phantom 4 today, suddenly when everything is on the the Dji go apps ask f ...

I can assure you that the update is fine and whomever lost signal and crashed was not a fault of the firmware.
DJI recommends being on the latest update but you are free to do as you choose, I've updated and flown several P4's and have not had any issues.
2016-6-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

rliamharpurb Posted at 2016-6-16 22:59
I also have altitude fluctuations from 1m-8m

Honestly I had a very slight altitude adjustment on the last firmware and the latest one cured it.
2016-6-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

AlienWarrior Posted at 2016-6-16 04:27
No gimbal protector installed. Stock standard setup. Have calbrated IMU several times.
Flies like a  ...

Please post a video clip of your P4 experiencing this. If all the troubleshooting steps have not cured it then please contact support to have your P4 repaired as it may be a VPS sensor issue.
http://www.dji.com/service/repair
2016-6-17
Use props
Vincent D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622841 ft
United States

God I can't stand it when everyone complains about the firmware updates, I look forward to them. I have never had anything but better performance every-time one comes out. People stop blaming your bad flying or inability to read and install the firmware correctly on DJI. They release them to fix things not to make them worse.
2016-6-17
Use props
rliamharpurb
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Vincent I don't know how you expect technology to advance and work correctly but if people don't complain about their expirieneces when they aren't how they should be DJI would never need to update or improve anything, and that has nothing to do with people's Inability to fly or install firmware correctly,

I like DJI a lot as a brand but with comments like that you sound like a fanboy which is really lame, this isn't a flame war between xbox and PlayStation and we aren't 12 years old

I agree that some people probably don't read the instructions and probably aren't the smoothest operators in the air but the vast majority are. Just because you haven't expiriecened any problems doesn't mean that everyone who has is wrong in someway

Liam
2016-6-18
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
Second Officer

United States

Swedrone Posted at 2016-6-2 03:53
Maybe you flew without an internet connection?

your supposed to fly without an internet connection. Having an internet connection turned on when flying will cause interference in your flight and range. I STILL have not updated (or synced my flights, or even connected my FPV tablet to the internet since the FW upgrade came out) and i'm able to fly perfectly fine. Until all these issues are resolved, I will not be updating the firmware or syncing my flights. I am not able to be grounded for an extended amount of time (until DJI fixes it) so I am choosing to use the Firmware that works just fine, and not upgrade to the version that is bricking a lot of people's Phantom 4's. Not flying is not an option for me, as I use it to capture aerial photos/videos for my business every day. When DJI gives us an actual fix, I will upgrade my FW.
2016-6-18
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
Second Officer

United States

I haven't had maps in weeks. My maps stopped working on the LAST Go App update, from 2.8.0 to 2.8.1, which I am still currently at. The maps are completely useless on the P4 and do not work, regardless of downloading for offline use or ANYTHING. It just either shows a giant map of the US and an arrow in the state that i'm currently flying in, or just an arrow over a completely blank, beige screen. So tired of the issues with this drone. I've reported the maps not working several times on these forums, and no help has been offered by DJI. They don't care if your maps aren't working, because it doesn't actually effect the ability of the aircraft to fly. But, it makes my flights WAY more dangerous because I can no longer see if I am near a NFZ or IN a NFZ, because I also have a glitch somewhere in my P4 that allows me to launch inside of NFZs with no issue. I just have so many problems I gave up on trying to fix anything and just do what I can. I am not upgrading anything until there's no more issues. DJI needs to do better, plain and simple, or the H is going to take over the market instead of the P4. WAKE UP DJI!!! you have SEVERAL problems with your P4s and the DJI Go App that you are not acknowledging!!!
2016-6-18
Use props
usere864619feb
lvl.1

Israel

Afrer my updaite my gimbal dosent balance
2016-6-18
Use props
usere864619feb
lvl.1

Israel

Afrer my updaite my gimbal dosent balance
2016-6-18
Use props
manicha_1
New
Flight distance : 239377 ft
Canada

I noticed that when I was flying at the cottage over looking Firework display at night, my Drone was saying max altitude reached. It was at 120 meters. Before I did this update yesterday night I'm almost sure my drone was Maxing 500meters before. Is this because it was at night and the lighting sencers can tell and automatically limited the altitude or did I just lost an extra 380 meters of altitude because I did my first firm update??
Please advise if anyone knows about this.
2016-6-19
Use props
AlienWarrior
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-6-18 20:54
I haven't had maps in weeks. My maps stopped working on the LAST Go App update, from 2.8.0 to 2.8.1, ...

Same happened to me, I updated the GO App and lost maps. After much testing I discovered the app was no longer compatible with my Android tablet. I solved it by running an Operating System Upgrade.
All good now with maps.
2016-6-19
Use props
AlienWarrior
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-17 23:36
Please post a video clip of your P4 experiencing this. If all the troubleshooting steps have not c ...

Thanks for your reply DJI-Ken.
Want to rule out VPS calibration.
Purchased larger computer screen and re-calibrated VPS sensors exactly as outlined in the manual.
Not sure if this will help as it yoyo's at higher altitudes as well.
Weather has been unforgiving and will test at first opportunity.
2016-6-19
Use props
AlienWarrior
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

Vincent D Posted at 2016-6-18 10:18
God I can't stand it when everyone complains about the firmware updates, I look forward to them. I h ...

Gee whizz, you are a lucky one who experiences no problems or possibly you don't fly enough to notice things don't always work as they should.
Lucky you :-}
2016-6-19
Use props
Swedrone
Captain
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-6-18 14:45
your supposed to fly without an internet connection. Having an internet connection turned on when  ...

Total BS, been flyin 250 flights with a internet connection only a few without and no difference.
2016-6-19
Use props
Hemiboy899
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18205 ft
South Korea

Hello I just got My Phantom 4 and DJI go App asked me to update I have Version 2.8.3 IOS do I need to update or this is old update?
2016-6-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Hemiboy899 Posted at 2016-6-20 08:51
Hello I just got My Phantom 4 and DJI go App asked me to update I have Version 2.8.3 IOS do I need t ...

yes, you want to update to IOS 2.8.3.
2016-6-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

AlienWarrior Posted at 2016-6-20 05:00
Thanks for your reply DJI-Ken.
Want to rule out VPS calibration.
Purchased larger computer screen  ...

It shouldn't do that at all.
If you have everything calibrated and waiting a minute or so so the aircraft acclimate and you don't have a gimbal guard attached and it still does that then you should contact support and have it sent it.
It should hold altitude and not yoyo up and down quite a bit at hover.
2016-6-20
Use props
gioffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260381 ft
Italy

Thanks {:4_181:}
2016-6-20
Use props
nikolaoskrikeli
lvl.1

Greece

I am having a problem with altitude drop. I tried to calibrate through Dji assistant 2 but when it reaches 66% it fails.
Can anyone help me?
2016-6-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

nikolaoskrikeli Posted at 2016-6-23 16:18
I am having a problem with altitude drop. I tried to calibrate through Dji assistant 2 but when it r ...

Do you have the latest version V1.04 installed.
Regardless, the calibration in the Assistant2 is for the camera sensors and not the sonar sensors.
Have you done a IMU calibration?
And you are on the latest firmware correct?
What exactly are you experiencing, if you have a slight altitude adjustment from stopping in Sport Mode then that is normal. BUT if you are moving slowly and stop and it drops a lot then there is an issue.
You don't have a gimbal guard or anything attached to the legs do you?
2016-6-23
Use props
nikolaoskrikeli
lvl.1

Greece

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-23 17:17
Do you have the latest version V1.04 installed.
Regardless, the calibration in the Assistant2 is f ...

Hi Thanks for the fast reply, Yes i am in the latest update. I have done the emu calibration and compass. It drops in slow movement about 1 meter and then it tries to back up again. No i don't have any gimbal guard.
And also it is not that stable in the air like my old phantom 3 advance...What is wrong with my copter?
Thanks
Nikos
2016-6-23
Use props
Vincent D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622841 ft
United States

rliamharpurb Posted at 2016-6-18 06:01
Vincent I don't know how you expect technology to advance and work correctly but if people don't com ...

I appreciate your response and I agree they need feedback to improve. But if the problems presented in the forum are not accurate than DJI wastes time trying to fix things that are not broken, when they could be working on things that do need to be addressed IMHO. I have installed every firmware update released, that includes my 3 advanced and never experienced worse problems that prior to the upgrade. Maybe i'm lucky but I am pretty sure the majority are bad install problems, aircraft or transmitter specific hardware issues or operator error. Again in my opinion. I will say i have had many times when I have installed an update and had problems, they were always fixed by a reinstall.
So I'm no fan boy ( that hurt it a bit), hell the thing is manufacrted in china.......... I'm just say raely firmware updates are the problem. I love them, keep them coming DJI
2016-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules