Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Firmware for Phantom 4 v1.1.410
29574 285 2016-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vincent D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622841 ft
United States

rliamharpurb Posted at 2016-6-18 06:01
Vincent I don't know how you expect technology to advance and work correctly but if people don't com ...

I appreciate your response and I agree they need feedback to improve. But if the problems presented in the forum are not accurate than DJI wastes time trying to fix things that are not broken, when they could be working on things that do need to be addressed IMHO. I have installed every firmware update released, that includes my 3 advanced and never experienced worse problems that prior to the upgrade. Maybe i'm lucky but I am pretty sure the majority are bad install problems, aircraft or transmitter specific hardware issues or operator error. Again in my opinion. I will say i have had many times when I have installed an update and had problems, they were always fixed by a reinstall.
So I'm no fan boy ( that hurt it a bit), hell the thing is manufacrted in china.......... I'm just say raely firmware updates are the problem. I love them, keep them coming DJI
2016-6-23
Use props
rliamharpurb
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Vincent D no offence intended by my comment and can only apologise if it did offend,

Maybe you are more forgiving, patient or maybe lucky that you aren't expiriencing problems some of the community are exposing,

I myself have had problems but other then a slightly tilted gimbal, inaccurate altitude readings and altitude drop I can happily say I am problem free and really enjoying my quad

Again apologises if I offended you

Liam
2016-6-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

nikolaoskrikeli Posted at 2016-6-23 23:24
Hi Thanks for the fast reply, Yes i am in the latest update. I have done the emu calibration and c ...

The P4 should be more stable when hovering due to the duel IMU's, compass's, and better VPS system.
Can you please get a quick video clip showing this instability.
2016-6-24
Use props
scatmanr1
lvl.1

United States

My P4 is also experiencing a here and there tilted horizon, altitude drop and rise, and inaccurate altitude reading. I have reset the P4 from Assistant 2, re-installed the latest software (all my batts, controller, and drone have latest software). I have done the IMU calibration several times with a gimbal alignment, and compass calibration at each flight. Where i notice it the most is if i fly straight up to lets say 50-100 ft in the air where the vision sensors cannot see anymore and let go of the sticks it will sometimes go an additional 5-10 ft up but then sometimes starts coming down as well. After i fly around when i bring her back down, the altitude reading will be off sometimes in the negative by up to 30 feet. This was flown off of a flat surface in my backyard. It seems that this all began after the last 2-3 updates, kinda a pain but just fyi it does this in P mode and S mode, never really use A mode around me.     
2016-6-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

scatmanr1@hotma Posted at 2016-6-25 00:12
My P4 is also experiencing a here and there tilted horizon, altitude drop and rise, and inaccurate a ...

If you have done all the troubleshooting steps listed in this thread and you are still experiencing this then please contact support and send it in for repair.
2016-6-24
Use props
scatmanr1
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-25 00:49
If you have done all the troubleshooting steps listed in this thread and you are still experiencing ...

I might have to, thanks Ken. Do you know what the turn around time is?
2016-6-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

scatmanr1@hotma Posted at 2016-6-25 01:58
I might have to, thanks Ken. Do you know what the turn around time is?

Call 818-235-0789, it's usually 1-2 weeks.
2016-6-24
Use props
Heebus
Second Officer

Canada

I have updated today and 1st flight my drone now wanders n drops slightly now and again. its a little windy so I didnt get much time to try calibrating again. I will wait for better weather n try again. My drone flew flawlessly before the update, would hover perfectly still till I moved it, if I cant get it stable again, cn some one tell me how to go back to earlier firmware?
2016-6-25
Use props
Heebus
Second Officer

Canada

ok, so after calibrating the IMU it seems to have stabalized the moving back n forth, but, I let my drone hover for better then 10 minutes @ 4feet in the air, it slowly decends untill its about 8 inches or so of the gournd, bringing it back up, and it does it again, is there something else I have to fix? I am on my deck, too closed to anything to calibrate the compass, so I am wondering if thats the issue
2016-6-25
Use props
sahtemeyil
lvl.1
Flight distance : 946407 ft
Turkey

Hi. Since last week i cant shoot video.  Whenever i change the mode from photo to video , camera freeze and switch back to photo automatically (in 2-3 second weak image trans. warning and switch back by it self to photo) . I have the latest version of DJI Go App , firmware updated , imu gimbal and compass calibrated. I tried with iPhone 6, ipad mini and Samsung s6. Video above will explain the problem better. Please help
2016-6-26
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
Second Officer

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-2 12:01
Can you post a screenshot, we've updated many of them here and all is fine.

Ken, I have had no maps and no restrictions in flying in NFZs for weeks now. Nobody at DJI cared, asked me what happened, nothing. I am able to fly and launch inside of every NFZ, and have been able to for weeks now. I have no maps, they stopped working with the last FW upgrade on Android. So his maps not working is important but my maps not working AND my geo fencing not working doesnt raise any red flags down there? Prioritization Tim...I can fly in DC. I can fly next to any airport(not saying im doing that) but your software no longer has flight restrictions at all in relation to NFZs. Im fine with this, im just surprised you are too.
2016-6-26
Use props
horozzi
lvl.1

Turkey

hey i have a problem about props... i upgraded the latest  firmware and then the i saw the props  on screen when flying... i tried to change gimball settings but i failed.. video size 1080p 30 fps.. i asked the tecnichal service about it they said 'its about  direct fly to sun and props shadow..' but i think not about sun.. i have video about that problem can you watch and help me pls.

simple video https://www.dropbox.com/s/ghd6dnes4z8q334/DJI_0032.MOV.avi?dl=0
2016-6-26
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
Second Officer

United States

Swedrone Posted at 2016-6-19 17:38
Total BS, been flyin 250 flights with a internet connection only a few without and no difference.

Lol, your funny. Ask any user or moderator in this forum, and you might want to read the manual again. Tablet goes in Airplane Mode, Do Not Disturb mode, AND WiFi Off! This has been so since the P4 was released. The signal from your RC to Aircraft uses that same WiFi channel. It can cause range issues/interruptions if you leave the WiFi on on your FPV tablet. This is commom knowledge dude.
2016-6-26
Use props
Swedrone
Captain
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-6-26 14:50
Lol, your funny. Ask any user or moderator in this forum, and you might want to read the manual ag ...

Not ONE word in the manual about putting your device in "flight mode" and has been working so far (over 50 hours in the air with the P3 and P4)  Same wifi? I'm on 4G for the maps. Get real man.

2016-6-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

horozzi Posted at 2016-6-26 20:35
hey i have a problem about props... i upgraded the latest  firmware and then the i saw the props  on ...

The firmware has nothing to do with the props in your video. Tilt the camera down more and also use a ND filter when flying on sunny days.
2016-6-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-6-26 20:34
Ken, I have had no maps and no restrictions in flying in NFZs for weeks now. Nobody at DJI cared,  ...

What is the serial number of your aircraft?
2016-6-26
Use props
Heebus
Second Officer

Canada

ok, so update, after calibrating my IMU n compass, she flies straight n true again, and no gradual decent or lift, she hovers again... I have notice tho, that my heights readings are way off, I've seen as much as -15.9feet when I have landed after flying, the sensors seem fine as they appear to be accurate on distance from ground, tho not sure how far up they read, I noticed them when they went red, about 3 feet off the ground...this is a minor thing tho as I dont really rely on them to tell me how high I am, how ever if someone might kno what may be up, I'm all ears...

thanx Heebus
2016-6-26
Use props
thorsten.yachtc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 287884 ft
United States

Feedback on the new firmware:

P4 still has the altitude drop be hovering . Regardless what night of altitude. If I fly low level like 1.5m... she will land. Unfortunately she will do that also from 10m.

The behave of the airplane has changed completely. Before was nice, call fligt. The can was good stabilised.
Now the airplane acts 'nervous'. By accelerating on horizontal flight the Gimbal has hard time to keep the cam calm. Accelerating and brake looks like the airplane makes some emergency manovers. The tilt is around 40 degree then.

The lost of transmission signal in a rage of 150m (altitude/distance) is not it accept. I did not bought a brand new airplane where the advertisement told me "increased range"  and it is not true.

I'm pretty sure a lot issues can be solved be changing the settings. Alone... my attempts to contact the support to get an advanced manual for the advanced settings. . Well. The support is more or less useless.
So if someone here some think like.. thank you to send to me.
To the Dji-Team:   We are clients. We bought your you to have some fun. That's make you buying food on the end of the day. So upgrade not only the quality of your support, upgrade your behave to give us firmware that brings the value of those things down.  This is not right!
So we can stay happy and buy more of your stuff.
Thank young

2016-6-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

thorsten.yachtc Posted at 2016-6-27 11:50
Feedback on the new firmware:

P4 still has the altitude drop be hovering . Regardless what night of ...

I'm sorry you are having difficulties. The full PDF manual and a lot of tutorial videos are in the Academy section of the app. from the home page, the upper right icon (graduation hat) will take you to there.
If you have correctly done all the calibrations (IMU, compass, gimbal) and your aircraft is not preforming as advertised then please contact support and send it in for repair.
http://www.dji.com/supportSome users are getting positive results by preforming a factory reset from the Aassistant2, you can try that to see if it helps any.
2016-6-27
Use props
WillBapta
lvl.3

United States

Any update on facebook live stream for android please?
2016-6-30
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

aididhaiqal Posted at 2016-5-31 07:44
Damn it.You release the update few minute after me crash?Hahaha

I feel for you Brother
2016-7-1
Use props
thorsten.yachtc
Second Officer
China

New Firmware...

Dear Dji  team
The new FW is rubbish.
The issue of "low connection" is not solved. New is that now even a "low gps signal" appears on a free field where was no problem before. The low transmission signal start in I altitude of 120m already.
Also a new and not welcome bug is.. the "follow m e" doesn't work basicly. It tells ..low gps signal.. if I leave this mode.. gps is fine.
Also the FW want that I fly 10I up and away from the object I like to follow. This is bull****.
The frame how appears to select a object of person is no more there. In this new FW the drone if acting like a low buyer robot. She makes weird move on the follow mode. The 10x10 meters even carry a highly risk of collision.

Is this software are made by microsoft..?
I make a bet you can do better..
I decide to downgrade the FW on the last one how have the smooth fly I expected when I bought it.
Feel free to contact me to sort out the FW issue.
2016-7-1
Use props
DroneDAZE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 442054 ft
  • >>>
United States

Advocate Posted at 2016-5-31 20:24
Taking the plunge now and updating.  I'm pleased to see the Activetrak altitude adjustment update, d ...

After I did the update, the craft is very unstable and the RC is beeping constantly.  How can I remedy the situation?
2016-7-3
Use props
jprocter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 292671 ft
United Kingdom

I'm new to this but I don't seem to have any of the issues people are discussing, lucky?. Ive just come to use the P4 for the 4th time since I got it last week, it said the software on the P4 and controler didn't match (I guess it updates in the background or something?), did the update and bam everything's good.
2016-7-4
Use props
jeffrey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45289 ft

I am doing the update now but it has been sitting at 23% for about 10 minutes and batteries are starting to go down.  Has anyone else had the it stall like this? Is it normal?
2016-7-4
Use props
msanger
New

Caution   I did the firmware update on my 2 day old phanom and it went up and then dropped from the sky.
2016-7-4
Use props
msanger
New

United States

READ FORUM BEFORE UPDATING FIRMWARE

READ THESE FORUMS BEFORE YOU FLY!!  I ran the firmware update yesterday when I setup my brand new phantom 4, it flew fine, today it says there is another NEW firmware, I update firmware the drone flew out about 17 feet, good, then I took drone up in the air and the drone all of the sudden lost all responsiveness and crashed into the ground from 200 feet!!   CAUTION.  I sent DJI the sync from my iphone and they say they will respond within 24-48 hours, I will keep you posted.
Rather strange for such a technologically advanced machine.
And yes, I calibrated the drone before I flew it.
Ps. I just checked the DJI Assistant2 again and it is now telling me there is ANOTHER UPDATE AVAILABLE???   It shows a "Upgrade" button on v01.01.0411
PS.2 . I just clicked on the DJI Assistant2 again and now it showing my firmware is "current".
Maybe the DJI assistant2 is NOT working properly and not updating the firmware properly.  GO DJI>> GO and FIX This  >>>> you have such an amazing thing here!
I have been reviewing my flight path and control positions and it appears that the Phantom 4 lost communications with the controller on it's way up at 52 feet, regained communication at 114.8 feet, then lost it again at 150 feet, went up to 232. 9 feet on it's own, then started dropping on it's own with no control changing ability and it lost elevation tracking at 160.7 feet while on it's way down to crash into the earth.
Current Status of drone- the little white covers on the landing legs look "splintered" and 3 of the little covers completly fell off and the rest of the longer covers are partially hanging on.  The legs must be bent because the covers are not able to snap back onto the drone.  It does power on and connect to the computer and the phantom 4 remote controller.  I am not going to try and fly it since it appears to be "not squared".
2016-7-4
Use props
ElzaQ
Banned

Ukraine

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-7-6
Use props
groovyf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11198 ft
United Kingdom

I'm a bit stuck at the moment since attempting a FW upgrade. Via iphone download it failed to update the P4, though RC updated OK.
App now tells me to download firmware via dji website, but I can't find it.
Installed DJI Assistant on my Mac, and when plugging in the P4 to the Mac once I've started the DJI Assistant application, I just see a large image showing a USB plug... I guess it's telling me to plug the P4 into the computer... which it is.
Any ideas?
2016-7-6
Use props
vipersl65
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31644 ft

I updated my P4 and then flew it.  Even used Point of Interest.  It keeps pointing to my neighbors bathroom  who is a female stripper.  Is this a glitch that I can tell the cops?
2016-7-6
Use props
poolshark2016
New

United States

http://forum.dji.com/?mobile=2
2016-7-6
Use props
groovyf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11198 ft
United States

groovyf Posted at 2016-7-6 23:30
I'm a bit stuck at the moment since attempting a FW upgrade. Via iphone download it failed to update ...

All sorted now, though still couldn't get DJI Assistant on my MacBook Air to detect the P4 (even though I could browse the SD card contents of the P4 via Finder, and the Photos app detected the P4 too).
2016-7-6
Use props
Swedrone
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

vipersl65 Posted at 2016-7-7 05:03
I updated my P4 and then flew it.  Even used Point of Interest.  It keeps pointing to my neighbors b ...

No, its a function they implemented in cooperation with local law enforecement. You will get DJI credits for every successful lock-on to a female stripper, hower unclear if that also goes for male strippers
2016-7-7
Use props
Mallettron
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82641 ft
United Kingdom

that made me laugh
2016-7-7
Use props
MD_Icarus
Second Officer
United States

I think based upon the posts above, I will wait a bit more without upgrading.  

Besides,
There is no striper close to my house, so there is no urgency for me.
2016-7-8
Use props
thorsten.yachtc
Second Officer
China

I just cross the fingers.. DJi will bring a update to make my drone fly as promised.
If not.. what can I do? ....  I will spend 5x or more on a advocat. Just for the fun of it.
Because sins weeks and updated my p4 is flying like a peace of sxxt.
I recognized I waist money to buy this peace of Chinese quality. The support.. just the same.. quality..of course.
Next I will publish a vid Wher u can see how good a or can burn...
2016-7-9
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just ordered my second P4. Will do the updates as soon as she arrives.{:4_169:}
2016-7-10
Use props
Swedrone
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

The v1.1.411 has been out for a while now. Any reports?
2016-7-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Swedrone Posted at 2016-7-11 21:43
The v1.1.411 has been out for a while now. Any reports?

Works great.
2016-7-11
Use props
johnbowen57
lvl.1
Flight distance : 115082 ft

Clearly the geo feature is designed to both educate and inform operators of their proximity to restricted airspace.  It also appears to give the user more flexibility to fly in airspace that might legally require contacting the  airfield to gain approval, while removing or at least minimizing  DJI's liability if some incident were to occur.
2016-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules