The most easy-to-use motion control kit you have used?
1233 13 2016-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
moon
lvl.1

Singapore

What is the most easy-to-use motion control kit you have used?
Osmo performs well in motion control, but is there any area it needs to improve?
I think Ronin as well as Osmo is too heavy to hold. I can't imagine the feeling to travel and shoot videos all day with an Osmo in hand.

Is there any other equipment recommended? More easy-to-use, new fashion, or cost-effective?

2016-5-31
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Thanks for your concern.
If you have any suggestion or requirement, please let me know. We'd like to receive more good ideas from you so that we can improve the quality of our products and meet your expectation to the most if it's possible.
Welcome to visit our official website to learn more about DJI products. http://www.dji.com/
2016-5-31
Use props
MoonDjokovic
lvl.1

Singapore

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-1 15:44
Thanks for your concern.
If you have any suggestion or requirement, please let me know. We'd like t ...

glad to share my suggestion
2016-6-1
Use props
LenMiddx
lvl.4
United Kingdom

What do you mean by "motion control"?

A few examples would be useful.
2016-6-1
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.3
Argentina

Would be nice some kind of groundstation for the osmo, like a lightbridge unit that can receive the osmo video signal for up to 100 meters, then it can be connected to more than 1 phone, so one phone has the operator, full resolution; the other device is used to just see framing and controlling gimbal movement with accelerometers in the phone; the third phone is just for seeing the frame, could have the lowest resolution so it doesnt bottleneck the other devices.
2016-6-1
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

valealvarez.s96 Posted at 2016-6-1 18:28
Would be nice some kind of groundstation for the osmo, like a lightbridge unit that can receive the  ...

Thanks for your idea.
However, the Lightbridge comprise the Air system and the Ground Station, imagine that if the Air System is combined to the Osmo, I'm afraid it would not be so portable.

Our engineers will try to find a better solution to connect to dual mobile device in the future.  
2016-6-1
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.3
Argentina

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-1 07:40
Thanks for your idea.
However, the Lightbridge comprise the Air system and the Ground Station, ima ...

But the osmo is a wifi router, maybe you can make a wifi amplifier that's set every 10 meters yo amplify the osmo signal, just like those wifi extenders but with batteries instead of wall power.
2016-6-1
Use props
MoonDjokovic
lvl.1

Singapore

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-1 18:40
Thanks for your idea.
However, the Lightbridge comprise the Air system and the Ground Station, ima ...

connect to dual mobile device, that sounds cool!
2016-6-1
Use props
MoonDjokovic
lvl.1

Singapore

LenMiddx Posted at 2016-6-1 18:17
What do you mean by "motion control"?

A few examples would be useful.

For example, how to control your camera or other equipment to avoid wobble when shooting an action photo/video?

Actually, I like shooting videos but there are lots of scenes which including action so it's difficult to make it clear with camera in hand. Then I bought an Osmo, and it really works. Osmo's lens and motion control are so great that I was able to make "professional" videos, but I gradually found it very heavy to hold that equipment all the time.  

So I'm asking for some advice here about "the motion control kit". If you have some other ways to solve this problem,  come share with me.
2016-6-1
Use props
Dave A
lvl.2
United States

MoonDjokovic Posted at 2016-6-1 08:33
For example, how to control your camera or other equipment to avoid wobble when shooting an action  ...

Freefly systems gimbal's are lighter than DJI's gimbals but they come at a cost.

There are also easy rig/scorpion back systems for handheld gimbals that take the weight of the gimbal off you when you're not shooting. But these are for bigger systems like the ronin/m10 etc. Not sure if there is an option rig for something as small and lightweight as an Osmo, yet.

I imagine there might be a way to rig an articulating arm onto a harness (like gopro's harnesses) which could help relieve you when you're not shooting on the Osmo. Kind of like an older stedicam system.
2016-6-1
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.3
Argentina

You should go to the gym sometime, osmo is very very light
2016-6-1
Use props
MoonDjokovic
lvl.1

Singapore

valealvarez.s96 Posted at 2016-6-2 03:59
You should go to the gym sometime, osmo is very very light

Thanks for your advise, but you maybe missed my point.
I don't want to hold it all the time. Maybe it would be better to fix the equipment in a base or something like that, and free up my hands when shooting the same scene. For example, while on the bus, you want to record the sights along the road from the same angle. In this situation, you don's have to hold it all the time at all.  
I just hope to find out some solutions to this problem. Is there any equipment that can hold an Osmo? Or any other solution?
2016-6-1
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

MoonDjokovic Posted at 2016-6-2 10:48
Thanks for your advise, but you maybe missed my point.
I don't want to hold it all the time. Maybe  ...

Hi,
Please have a look at this thread for your question: http://forum.dji.com/thread-51562-1-1.html
Hope you'll find some useful tips in it.

Thanks.
2016-6-1
Use props
MoonDjokovic
lvl.1

Singapore

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-2 11:48
Hi,
Please have a look at this thread for your question: http://forum.dji.com/thread-51562-1-1.htm ...

Thanks for solving my problems~
2016-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules