Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No Travel Mode after upgrade 1.8.1 (Solved)
1240 15 2016-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aydin Buyuktas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4301 ft
Turkey

Today i just update my Inspire Pro to 1.8.1. When I try to enter travel mode, it cycle down to flight mode then cycle back to landing mode. I've tried different batteries, al different sugested surfaces.  
Any body had this issue?

2016-5-31
Use props
AlaskanTides
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

I might be asking a silly question...but have you checked the sensors on bottom of the bird , tried a differant surface? .... I had this happen to mine on earlier firmware versions. It turned out to be the surface the inspire was sitting on.
2016-6-1
Use props
Aydin Buyuktas
lvl.1
Turkey

I just bought it one month before. How can i check it? visualy yes i checked it.
I tried every surface.
I bring it to shop where i bought it and we tried everthing with technical person: Downgrade inspire pro. Downgrade RC. Uprgrade them back also with X3 with X5. nothing changed.It behave like its flying. When you pull stick down its changing to landing mode when you pul stick up its turning to flight mode. You dont have to turn stick four time. Like when you fly one time is enough.Finally he said that he will change sensor and try it again.

2016-6-1
Use props
Donnie
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Aydin Buyuktas Posted at 2016-6-1 06:16
I just bought it one month before. How can i check it? visualy yes i checked it.
I tried every surfa ...

When placing in travel mode make sure Camera is removed, this may be your problem
OR  
The VPS sensor is having trouble sensing the ground, that is what it will do when it cannot sense the surface below it.  Have him change the VPS sensor or make sure the one installed is clean and plugged in properly.  Ideally the surface to  use is a Hard shiny reflective surface, I use my hardwood floors in my home with a glosses finish, some pilots use the case of the Inspire.
The gear should not be raising when the aircraft is on the ground, this would damage the camera.  

Either you have the camera attached and the Travle mode wont work ( Normal )  or the VPS is damaged
Notice in the picture below, there is no camera attached when entering or disengaging travel mode.  

Are you switching the landing gear slider control up and down 4 times with the camera removed and on a hard level surface ?  

Have you tried to enter travel mode using the Go App ?  It is located  on the very bottom of the "system staus"  Page

good Luck
  Let me know the outcome please
donnie

travel mode.PNG
2016-6-1
Use props
Aydin Buyuktas
lvl.1
Turkey

Donnie Posted at 2016-6-1 14:27
When placing in travel mode make sure Camera is removed, this may be your problem
OR  
The VPS sens ...

Yes, I tried everthing with camera or without. Every shining surface(Wood, Metal), marble, glass,etc.
Also from GO app.
Always same.
2016-6-1
Use props
Aydin Buyuktas
lvl.1
Turkey

Also tried it with other RC. its behve still same.
2016-6-1
Use props
adam1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 326421 ft
United States

is something obstructing the worm screw? Also, I've ALWAYS had to cycle the landing gear switch 4 times to enter/ exit travel (OUTSIDE OF THE APP)
2016-6-1
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

Aydin Buyuktas Posted at 2016-6-1 06:42

Ok , then sounds like bad VPS sensor .

good luck

donnie
2016-6-1
Use props
aerobat
lvl.1

Sweden

Hello mine does the same on and off after upgrade to I1 Pro A/C firmware 1.8.1.00
It works 50% of times, when it doesn't work I just give up and fly and try again later.
2016-6-2
Use props
Aydin Buyuktas
lvl.1
Turkey

aerobat Posted at 2016-6-2 16:02
Hello mine does the same on and off after upgrade to I1 Pro A/C firmware 1.8.1.00
It works 50% of ti ...

This is the only thing i didnt try. But i also said that to technical person if its thinking that its flying maybe better to fly it than it can feel what is real flying
Thank you. I will also try it tomorow.
2016-6-2
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

Aydin Buyuktas Posted at 2016-6-1 06:42

Does you VPS sensor work in the air ?  It will only read for the first 5 meters ( altitude ) or so.  It is on the Telemetry on the far right bottom of the go App

If it does not work here , then you know for sure that it is a failed part.  Be sure you have it enabled on the go app as well.

donnie

vps.PNG
2016-6-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aydin Buyuktas Posted at 2016-6-3 00:10
This is the only thing i didnt try. But i also said that to technical person if its thinking that  ...

Let us know if changing the VPS sensor fixes it.It is weird that it happened after an update.
2016-6-2
Use props
Aydin Buyuktas
lvl.1
Turkey

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-2 20:35
Let us know if changing the VPS sensor fixes it.It is weird that it happened after an update.

Problem solved.
Nothing about the firmware, its just meet by chance to it.
They just changed sensor with new one than its start to work normally.
2016-6-11
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

Aydin Buyuktas Posted at 2016-6-12 02:31
Problem solved.
They just changed sens ...

Thanks for the follow up, so often we are left in limbo

donnie
2016-6-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Aydin Buyuktas Posted at 2016-6-12 15:31
Problem solved.
They just changed sens ...

Glad you got it working with a new sensor, and thanks for letting us know.
2016-6-12
Use props
aerobat
lvl.1

Sweden

Hello,

Just want to att that my problems with travel mode seems to be solved with Inspire 1 Pro Firmware v1.9.1.10.
They came with v1.8.xxxxx
Now I've made 10 flights without any problems.
2016-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules