48014 42 2016-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fester
lvl.3
Flight distance : 77408 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-6 11:42
The latest firmware etc may be a game changer for IMU warmup period. I had previously calibrated IMU on a cool night last winter, about 5 degrees C. Since then I had not calibrated the IMU, and it always started up fairly quickly. With all todays updates for the P4 I decided to do all calibrations. Forgetting of course about cool IMU etc, or even a cool down period to be honest. So I completed new (for P4) IMU calibration routine at an ambient air temperature of about 20 C. The aircraft starts up and the IMU warmup lasted but a few seconds, very similar to previous time I would say.

The new IMU cal procedure is probably much more precise, but its a considerable change from the previous P4 cal.
2017-7-6
Use props
Fadil 1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 542654 ft

Indonesia

I think no one mentioned that we have to tilt up and down, left and right and so on the drone when calibrating the IMU.  I don't see any video explaining this either. On the other hand, I read many users unable to calibrate just like me. I stucked in the step 2 for two days due to this lack of information. Just make sure you follow the pictures shown in the guideline.

P4, on iPad Mini 4 using the latest DJI Go App 4.

2017-9-5
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm one of those goofballs who put their drone in the refrigerator for 15 minutes before doing the IMU calibration.  I DO put the drone inside a plastic garbage bag though in an effort to keep condensation from forming.  I've done this a dozen times with no issues and the warmup period is dramatically reduced when prepping for flight.  

Makes a huge difference if flying in the winter too.  Before I tried the cold calibration, I was trying to fly in bitter cold weather... it seemed like it took 10 minutes for the IMU warmup.  After that I tried a cold calibration... dramatically faster IMU warmup.
2017-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules