Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video Settings
1017 14 2016-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
net_box
lvl.4
United States

I wonder which settings the pro's here are using for taking video of the ocean/shoreline?

I am getting the 8/16 filters soon, which may improve the video, but what is the best setting?

Most people say d-log but it offers plain gray video.  Vivid is too much color for me.  Plain seems to be ok.

I also tried 1080 at 60fps but I do not see a difference when I use the second video setting which is below the 4K,
which runs on 30 fps.

I guess most pros here must use video editing software to enhance their videos?

I ran the following test using the d-log setting, but it had to be enhanced a bit:

2016-6-1
Use props
supcoop1
New

United States

Hi, very nice video!  A couple of questions for you; is there a setting within the DJI Phantom software to prevent the DJI stamp from appearing at the bottom of videos during the first few seconds?  What video editing software do you like to use?  Thanks much!
2016-6-2
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft

There are a bunch of videos on Youtube, etc with people talking about best settings..  YMMV as everyone's eye is a little different, but watch of few of those and then settle in on what works best for you.  Also, you might want to add a 4ND filter to the mix..  Sometimes even in bright sun I find 8 and 16 to be too much.  If you can get it, using the ND with PL coatings helps, especially with water.
2016-6-2
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

supcoop1 Posted at 2016-6-2 21:21
Hi, very nice video!  A couple of questions for you; is there a setting within the DJI Phantom softw ...

There's no DJI stamp on my videos (P3P), unless I add one in post editing.  Yours have a DJI stamp on them??
2016-6-2
Use props
supcoop1
New

United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-6-2 08:47
There's no DJI stamp on my videos (P3P), unless I add one in post editing.  Yours have a DJI stamp ...

Hmm, I got the P4 a couple of weeks ago and the videos are great but a DJI stamp fades in and appears for a few seconds and then fades out at the beginning of video playback.  I was hoping that there might be a setting to keep that from happening.  Any ideas?
2016-6-2
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

supcoop1 Posted at 2016-6-2 21:53
Hmm, I got the P4 a couple of weeks ago and the videos are great but a DJI stamp fades in and appe ...

Sorry..  Didn't know that occurred on P4 vids.. Doesn't on P3..  Assume you checked all the camera and video config settings?  I've seen a lot of P4 vids that don't have a DJI fade in/out so there must be something.
2016-6-2
Use props
supcoop1
New

United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-6-2 08:58
Sorry..  Didn't know that occurred on P4 vids.. Doesn't on P3..  Assume you checked all the camera ...

I have been checking through the various settings and I'm sure I'm just missing it.  There are a bunch of settings to fiddle with but thought I check here to see if someone might know.  Oddly enough, I've not been able to find much on the topic so I'm doing something bone-headed for sure.
2016-6-2
Use props
net_box
lvl.4
United States

I did not notice the DJI logo appear on mine? Did you see it flash?

I am now using ND8 mainly or ND4 (the video was the first one I made with no ND filter)

I think the polarized works good if you are stationary in reference to the sun location. I use
polarized glasses when I fish and it makes a huge difference. But you are not stationary when
you fly around though.

I use the Lightworks and Corel editing software.  

I train clients on Lightworks though, it is much easier to use and there are many youtubetutorials.
2016-6-2
Use props
supcoop1
New

United States

net_box Posted at 2016-6-2 09:52
I did not notice the DJI logo appear on mine? Did you see it flash?

I am now using ND8 mainly or ND ...

Nope, yours doesn't have the logo at the bottom of the screen.  I just got off of the phone with DJI and evidently it is something new.

Thanks for the info.  I've had good luck with Corel products over the years so I was actually considering the Corel Video Studio.  I'll check out the Lightworks software.  Thanks again!
2016-6-2
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

supcoop1 Posted at 2016-6-2 11:12
Nope, yours doesn't have the logo at the bottom of the screen.  I just got off of the phone with D ...

New as in something you can turn on and off, or are all videos now labeled DJI first?  I mean it's simple enough to just let 5 seconds or so go by..
2016-6-2
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The logo is the file name that appears for a few seconds when playing back or pausing, I've seen it on Windows 10 using Windows 'Films & TV' or Windows media player. And is a function of the players themselves, its not embedded on the video.
2016-6-3
Use props
net_box
lvl.4
United States

I understand now!  It is the initial file name displayed.  

I have that as well, but it is not part of the video.
2016-6-3
Use props
supcoop1
New

United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-6-2 16:35
New as in something you can turn on and off, or are all videos now labeled DJI first?  I mean it's ...

Ok, crisis averted.  It appears to be related specifically to the viewer/player that is being used.  It's a video that I am going to send to a client but I sure didn't want that stamp on there so I thought I was going to have to edit the first few seconds to remove.  Not the case.  Apologies, now I know.  Hopefully this will benefit others down the road.
2016-6-3
Use props
phantom-four.co
lvl.2

Netherlands

Aside from the already recommended youtube articles we wrote an article (Making better video with your DJI Phantom 4 / 3 / Inspire) with our recommendations.DLOG can indeed cause issues (although it depends on the amount of detail in the footage) but offers a wider dynamic range so the best advice there is, experiment. See what works best for you in different situations (DLOG will work a lot better over water than over trees for instance) and make your decision based on that. I know, not really helpful so if you want to be on the safe side go with "none" and adjust some of the other settings as recommended in our article.
2016-6-3
Use props
mrbill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 717100 ft
United Kingdom

Just to be contrary, I use d-log all the time, plus -1 sharpness. Most of my stuff if for corporate or broadcast - works for me. Hardly ever use 4k - shooting 2.7
2016-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules