DJI Go iOS App Won't Connect to my P3P, and Firmware Update Issues
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Insanity
lvl.1
United States

I packed my P3P away for the winter months back in September or October - can't remember which. I had updated the firmware via the 1.3.20 image in my batteries, the remote, and the drone prior to doing so. When I took my drone out Saturday morning to ensure it was ready to fly, the DJI Go iOS app for my iPad Mini 3 required an update, which I performed. I also downloaded the latest firmware for the P3P (1.8.80) and put it on a micro-SD card that I have successfully used in the past. When I put the micro-SD card in the drone, and powered it up, I got nothing. Nada. Zero. No indication at all that it was attempting to update. The small front-facing LED over the camera was dark. I also had problems updating my remote. I put the firmware image on a USB stick and inserted it into the USB port of the controller, and turned the controller on, same issue - nothing in the way of a firmware update happening. I repeated the process several times with different micro-SD cards and USB sticks for the drone and the controller, respectively. There is no text file being created on the microSD card, so I assume that for whatever reason the drone is unable to see the microSD card. At this point, I am totally stuck.

Another behavior is that when I turn on both the remote and the drone, and bring up the DJI Go app, it is unable to located the drone (or at least the camera). However, if I put both joysticks down and to the center, the normal spin-up of the drone's motors takes place. So the controller and drone are linked, and seem to be working. I have tried three different USB-Lightning cables with no luck.

Given all this, it seems I have two problems: (1) firmware updates are NOT happening as expected, and no .txt file is created; and (2) my DJI Go app won't connect. I have no idea if they are related, but it would be hard to imagine that they are. Yesterday, I spent nearly three hours in a chat session with DJI support, but ended up with only two outcomes from this conversation:

1. DJI is working with Apple on a fix to this issue; and
2. I apparently in the meantime should buy an Android device if I want to fly my drone. (!)

This morning I saw that DJI released a new version of DJI Go iOS app, but it did not address my issues. I am still unable to get past the DJI Go screen with the button stating "How to Connect". What a frustrating experience to have a drone and accessories that I have over $2K invested in, yet I cannot use them.
2016-6-1
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello, did you extract the bin file to the card's directory in order to upgrade your drone? Besides, there is a connection issue in the IOS devices running in IOS 9.3.1. But it has been solved in IOS 9.3.2. So what's your IOS version?
2016-6-1
Use props
Insanity
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-1 23:25
Hello, did you extract the bin file to the card's directory in order to upgrade your drone? Besides, ...

Hi, yes I extracted the .bin file to the root of the microSD card. Also I am running iOS 9.3.2 on my iPad mini 3 and also on my iPhone 6 - both devices have been tried with the controller and yielded the same results.
2016-6-2
Use props
joe_seth
lvl.2

Same problem, tried everything, very frustrating. I figured the only thing it could be is the USB port on the controller somehow going bad. I ordered the HDMI controller upgrade for 99 dollars, got it, installed it, and now everything works! It is not the app, firmware or a hardware problem. Just a cheap USB port gone bad. Good luck!
2016-6-2
Use props
stalked-buddha
Banned

Greece

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-6-3
Use props
Insanity
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-1 23:25
Hello, did you extract the bin file to the card's directory in order to upgrade your drone? Besides, ...

Hi again, a little more information... Borrowed a P3P controller from a friend and linked it to my drone. I was able to connect to camera on the drone. When I connected via the DJI Go app, I saw what appears to be a single frame of video on my iPad mini 3. No real-time video - just that one frame. Additionally, the fan on top of the camera assembly is not spinning, nor if the green LED over the camera illuminated.

Based on this, it seems that my controller's USB port is defective, and it also appears that my camera on the drone likely has issues as well. How do I go about sending this in to DJI for repair?
2016-6-4
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Insanity Posted at 2016-6-5 12:44
Hi again, a little more information... Borrowed a P3P controller from a friend and linked it to my ...

You can contact our service center in North America as below: 北美地址.JPG
2016-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules