Hoping... # of Sats
1779 19 2015-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nestor.r.email
lvl.3

United States

Hoping that DJI will update the app and give us satellite counts the way I had on my Lightbridge. It's nice to see the number of satellites that you are aquiring as compared to just the bar status.
2015-1-20
Use props
Joola
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1696545 ft
United States

Some of the DJI Support members have already requesting that the programmers add this back in. I'm guessing we will see it in the next update.
2015-1-20
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

Joola Posted at 2015-1-21 07:43
Some of the DJI Support members have already requesting that the programmers add this back in. I'm g ...

If we are lucky They got allot on there plate
2015-1-20
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

yippie hope so...
2015-1-20
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

What !! No sat lock # , you got to be kidding ... Errrrr that was dumb .. Just a bit too many new bells and whistles maybe ... Then take away flight info that you do need when piloting !  C,mon dji if it ain't broke ,
Don't fix it .
2015-1-20
Use props
chrisgeigerphot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13046529 ft
  • >>>
United States

So one theory I read regarding the sat number is that the sat position of the Inspire can be figured out by looking at the Russian sats or the US sats but you can't use 3 of one type and 3 of the other. You can't mix the two systems. So if your GPS is getting 4 Russian sats and 4 US sats, then the sat indicator number would be 8 but you still don't have enough sats to get a good lock because you need 5 from one system to get a lock. The Naza only needs 5 sats to get a lock but it only receives the US sats. If this is true I can understand why they have removed the number. It could give someone a false sense of GPS strength.
2015-1-20
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
United States

chrisgeigerphot Posted at 2015-1-21 09:41
So one theory I read regarding the sat number is that the sat position of the Inspire can be figured ...

So your saying that on the Phantom that gives you the number when it says 8! You might not really have 8? Well can DJI's products tell if there US or Russian? and if they can't why does the Phantoms still have a number? I'm a believer or more info for me is better! Let me sort it out! Whether they add it back or not who knows we just have to wait and see. But if it's good enough for there other products then why not the INSPIRE?

Mike
2015-1-20
Use props
chrisgeigerphot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The phantom as far as I know only receives US sats, so when it says 8 you have a really good lock.
2015-1-20
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
United States

chrisgeigerphot Posted at 2015-1-21 09:56
The phantom as far as I know only receives US sats, so when it says 8 you have a really good lock.

So why would the inspire recieve Russian? If you don't mind me asking....
2015-1-20
Use props
mlglisson.email
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is light bridge really that dependent on numerous sats?
2015-1-20
Use props
chrisgeigerphot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Having the ability to get a good lock from two different systems gives it a back up. In time of war these systems have been known to be less accurate. By comparing results from different systems the end result should be more accurate.  I believe there are 4 separate GPS systems in use, Europe, US, China and Russian. The Europe and Chinese systems are not yet fully finished. There are also smaller systems for Japan and India but these don't cover the whole globe. Maybe in the future they will use the other systems as well.   
2015-1-20
Use props
chrisgeigerphot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Light bridge has nothing to do with sats. The sats are for GPS position. Light bridge is for transmitting control and video signals between the controller and aircraft.
2015-1-20
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

chrisgeigerphot Posted at 2015-1-21 09:41
So one theory I read regarding the sat number is that the sat position of the Inspire can be figured ...

What ?? Lock is lock they can change constantly I usually get 7 sats or better for a green led flash and as many as 12 sometimes seen on my iosd mini HUD via FS Googlels , when I'm at distance say 800 + meters I want to know that number and not just an ok to fly B.S.... Worthless words not solid info.
ok to fly , just more bells and whistles ....
2015-1-20
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

Cell phone bar graph for Sat count isn't gonna cut it hope they change that fast.
2015-1-20
Use props
Nestor.r.email
lvl.3

United States

To be clear when I said "satellite counts the way I had on my Lightbridge" is that the display on Lightbridge gives you number of satellites you are acquiring...
2015-1-20
Use props
Playful Monster
lvl.2

United States

I have been having trouble with my bird losing gps lock. It only happens at the start of flight. I do all cals. Wait for gps signal to be full. Get the green light on the bird and in the iOS app. Take off after clearing 12-15 meters it starts losing gps and the yellow light on the back come on. I land and gps lock comes back. Take of hit 12-15 meters and lose it again. Land get gps lock back. Third time it flys great. This has happened three different flights in two locations. I think it is giving me a premature gps go. Is there a why to check trough sat lock
Bird up to date and iOS 9.2
2015-1-20
Use props
chrisgeigerphot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Yes there is a problem with the version 16 firmware compass error detection. When it detects a compass error, the GPS is turned off and the aircraft switches to p-ATTI mode. Happens to me several times each flight. Never did that with version 14.
2015-1-20
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

Not cool & not gonna fly this dingus till they get head outta butts and new firmware is out !
2015-1-20
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

mlglisson.email Posted at 2015-1-21 10:07
Is light bridge really that dependent on numerous sats?

The sat lock is used for the compass , and home point .
2015-1-21
Use props
mlglisson.email
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

chrisgeigerphot Posted at 2015-1-21 10:31
Light bridge has nothing to do with sats. The sats are for GPS position. Light bridge is for transmi ...

My apology - just shows how lame I can be  - but I'm learning.
2015-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules